• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cerce

Sergeant
105 Badges
Dec 11, 2012
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
CKII version 2.0.4, checksum FCUV. Latest version of EUIV (official, not the beta). No mods installed.

I've created the Wendish Empire as a Polish character and reformed the Slavic faith. I know that the Wendish Empire can in fact have Polish ideas, because I've done so before as a Catholic ruler after taking most of Finland/Russia/Tataria as well. Please, please tell me there is some way, shape, or form to have my converted country have Polish ideas and still retain the Slavic faith, or at the very least Russian or something. Anything but 'National' ideas. Is there some way that I can destroy an Empire as my primary title and take Poland as my primary, since there are no kingdom-tier titles in my Empire? Will that fix it? Or do I need to learn modding and fix it in the converter or mod folders?

Answers to obvious problems: Yes, I have checked, and my current ruler is Polish, as well as all other past rulers. No, it is not ironman, and yes, I created my own dynasty. I have an unmodified version of both CKII and EUIV, and they are both up-to-date according to both Steam and the official forum posts. I have all major DLC for CKII (not the unit or portrait packs). I have tried renaming the Wendish Empire as Poland and Commonwealth prior to conversion, and it didn't convert with Polish ideals. I have reformed the Slavic faith. The Polish culture is larger than any other culture in the Empire, so there is no way that it can be confused in that regard (if it even can be confused like that).

Not a tech support issue so moved to main forum. If the community agrees it's likely to be a bug, post in Bug Reports please.

This actually looks quite cool; would help with creating an individualized history. Problem is that I can't seem to find out how to modify a converted game nation; I can only modify vanilla EUIV ones.

I have noticed that most, if not all, unique ideas have the Catholic requirement.

Well that's dumb. Why give me the ability to play as a Polish Slavic with all the benefits of being Polish in CKII (yeah, I know, not a lot of bonuses) and then take that away in EUIV? That would be like taking away Hungary's ideas if they reformed Tengri, or taking away the Swedish ideas if they reformed Norse.

... Please don't tell me those ideas get taken away if they reformed those religions.

I know, I had to default my customized empire name for conversion and switch back again but i guess you could open

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Crusader Kings II\common\eu4_converter\nation_table.csv

Backup this file beforehand because i think this should work in theory

open it with notepad++

replace a title that isn't used and Tag it something that won't be used i.e:

IF Britannia doesn't exist

find e_britannia
replace it with e_wendish_empire

find a country that doesn't exist in your save, and have no chance of popping up in eu4 (often means have to be in Europe as well) let's say you destroyed Lithuania's title, and and are pretty positive having swallowed them they wouldn't be problematic

on the same line take GBR and replace it with LIT

and edit LIT on the unofficial country utility instead

flags are easy but i already am positive what i exhaustingly wrote will pretty much destroy your computer :p

alternatively i guess you could copy the newly generated tag, Z0x whatever, put it on default directory of eu4, and pray the utility will pick up

I converted a game where Poland was Slavic, Skandinavia Norse, the British isles druidic etc. All nations got their right ideas since they are mostly dependent on the tags. So if your countrys tag is POL, you get the Polish ideas. If the tag is something else like Zxx something you have copy the idea file to the mods idea folder and change the relevant tag there.

I'm thinking a simple way to get the Country Designer to work with the converted game would be to overwrite the original EUIV folder with the converted mod. Worse comes to worse, I can go with a clean EUIV install; it's not like it's a huge game. I'll give it a go tomorrow. Thanks for all the advice!