• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jayavarman

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
96 Badges
Feb 8, 2002
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Elven Legacy Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Deus Vult
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • East India Company Collection
  • Diplomacy
How should they look like? :)

Properly.

Yeah it is subtle after all...i'd be more annoyed though, if theres an "Indian" culture for the whole of India >_> its like putting a "European" culture for the whole of Europe

They did, at launch. :p

I'd love to see regional variation, but considering the entire east of the map is currently Arab faces, I think they'll just make a single Indian portrait set and call it a day.

edit: Sorry, I thought you meant portraits but I see you mean culture itself. Yeah, I think there definitely will be variation -- Indian is likely going to be a culture group, with various sub-cultures just like "Latin" and "West Slavic" are groups.

I'd love to see regional variation, but considering the entire east of the map is currently Arab faces, I think they'll just make a single Indian portrait set and call it a day.
My guess as well, although it's possible they will add more of them later.

Last edited:
The Indian portraits should look exactly like the Mediterranean portraits. In fact if they remade a med face pack they could just turn the existing one into the Indian one. I'd even buy it in that case.

edit: Sorry, I thought you meant portraits but I see you mean culture itself. Yeah, I think there definitely will be variation -- Indian is likely going to be a culture group, with various sub-cultures just like "Latin" and "West Slavic" are groups.
They should at least have two culture groups, East Aryan and Dravidian.

If the Mediterranean pack (aka the mummy pack aka the uncanny valley pack) will be anything to go by, Northern Indians will look like lepers and Southern Indians like discarted pizzas.

indiands should have the mediteraneean portraits.Those are a disgrace for CK II,and the artist who made them should first meet a gypsy then a greek/spaniard and see that what he depicted is tottally non meditereean.

If the Mediterranean pack (aka the mummy pack aka the uncanny valley pack) will be anything to go by, Northern Indians will look like lepers and Southern Indians like discarted pizzas.

They really need to redesign it...

Don't really see nothing wrong in that pack. It brings diversity to the game and thats always good. There is always ugly people and good looking people even in middle ages

Every male should look exactly like Gandhi.

Maharajah Rajajaja of Hindustan
ghandimain_730977a.jpg

Don't really see nothing wrong in that pack. It brings diversity to the game and thats always good. There is always ugly people and good looking people even in middle ages

It is bloody inaccurate. I'm from a Mediterranean country, and I think they look horrendous. Which is a shame, because I liked the other face-packs.

The problem is when entire groups of people along the Mediterranean are ugly. No one has issues with the occasionally ugly guy in every culture face pack. Diversity is a good thing only if the quality is adequate.