• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CSAGeneral

Major
87 Badges
Dec 21, 2011
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Knights of Honor
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2
Right now we all now the ending screen sucks. It compares you to a group of historical dynasties to which the game gives an arbitrary score. It would be a lot more fun if, at the end, the game organized ALL branches of ALL dynasties that were actually IN the game you played (that received a score). The branches will be organized by most points; i.e. the branch with the most points will be at the top. You should be able to click on the top 25 and find out their progenitor, their final dynastic branch head at game end (with portrait/other info for both). Only the top 25 would be displayed on the screen to avoid information overload; the exception would be if you finished outside of the top 25, in which case you would be placed at the bottom. It is a lot more fun to compete against your AI rivals then a bunch of randomly generated numbers that Paradox arbitrarily gave random historical dynasties.

Who agrees? Who disagrees? How hard would this be to implement? Please comment.

And some kind of post-game statistics screen would be nice too. Statistics like total money collected, soldiers led to their deaths, people in your dynasty total, oldest member, youngest member, and so on.

AFAIK, the end screen isn't rather significant for a crowd here, since most of the games are not finished anyway. But comparison with AI dynasties at the end would be yummy

AFAIK, the end screen isn't rather significant for a crowd here, since most of the games are not finished anyway.
This, very much. It's not liekemany people would even see a new end screen, so it would mostly be wasted effort.

Think an EU style history screen would be cool, especially in CKII where there's so much extra stuff that could be mentioned ('King So-and-so was married to So-and-so in 1296, until her death in 1305 from measles' etc). I guess there's probably issues involved, but it'd be a fun way to sum things up.. =)

This, very much. It's not liekemany people would even see a new end screen, so it would mostly be wasted effort.

Actually, more people might stick around to the end if the end screen were better. Like others have said, I'm not really all that interested in how my dynasty compares to RL historical Dynasties. I want to see how well all the branches of my dynasty did compared to how well the top AI dynasties did in the game I just played.

Also, I would like to see how different branches of my dynasty did.

In one Anjou playthrough, while my main branch continued to rule Anjou, other branches of my dynasty went on to rule France, the HRE, and Sicily. But all I got was a simple generic screen showing how well my family fared compared to dynasties in RL Medieval Europe...

I would definitely be more likely to play to the end if these ideas were implemented. Sounds like a lot of fun, especially the comparisons to in-game dynasties instead of historical ones.

Fully supported.

I find it funny that some people dismiss it as waste of time, but it's actually one of the most regular screens I see, because there are no other possibility to go to the starting menu (to load another save etc.) but to go through the end screen if you don't want to quit the game altogether and wait it start again... I think I have examined it only once in 1453 but countless times otherwise. In addition, if it was any better, more people would examine it.

I definitely think it would be nice, though I'd like to see the score system reevaluated before this happens, perhaps, as currently Seniority gets a huge boost to the dynasty score, what with more rulers and all. It might be good if the score took into account how long a dynasty held the title, rather than just giving a flat bonus for holding it at all.

Fully supported.

I find it funny that some people dismiss it as waste of time, but it's actually one of the most regular screens I see, because there are no other possibility to go to the starting menu (to load another save etc.) but to go through the end screen if you don't want to quit the game altogether and wait it start again... I think I have examined it only once in 1453 but countless times otherwise. In addition, if it was any better, more people would examine it.
Those who play ironman don't visit the menu so often and those who save scum don't (and don't want to) look at the end screen for long. If you don't belong to either of those groups, then you're in a minority.

Whenever you lose or get to the final date you see it, even on iron man. The game has an unfinished quality with such a shoddy ending.

personally i dont think this is priority, mostly because i finish so very very few games. And if i remember the thread discussing finished games correctly then that goes for a lot of other people too. But hey if its something thats not hard to implement then why not, In a perfect world id love to see something like it. Because like you say the end screen we have now is pretty crap.