• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
King was a designer, not a coder, and I don't think he was here when Vic was designed. Or not as a designer anyway. The whole thing was before my time, but I thought Victoria:Revolutions was his first design gig.

King was a designer, not a coder, and I don't think he was here when Vic was designed. Or not as a designer anyway. The whole thing was before my time, but I thought Victoria:Revolutions was his first design gig.

Designer > Coder

It's just like
CEO > CFO
COO > CFO
Ideas > actual implementation ( although neither would work with out the other )

Either way I'm taking my question to the ask anything thread

By the way, not sure anyone will bother to read that deep, but it's got some Vicky aspects about it:

While ship and planetary battles are hands-off affairs, war is quite involved in Galactic Inheritors. Military vessels are not produced by the state, instead being constructed by private companies who are contracted to put together space-faring armadas. Multiple companies are available, but their only initial difference is their names. This changes after they’ve churned out a few ships.

With space militarisation accessed, I could finally make deals with the various manufacturers of war machines. Companies gain experience through construction, which in turn can be used to customise them with design philosophies, essentially perks. It pays to give jobs to all of them so that, eventually, they focus on different things. One company might build warships with powerful weapons, while another is an expert in constructing ships on the cheap.

And this:

Using the media, one can inspire paranoia in one’s population, name another species as an enemy, put a negative on stories about other races. Points are accrued and can then be spent on even more effective media campaigns. It’s very Cold War.

I felt a little dirty, honestly. For some reason I didn’t feel particularly bad about planning an extermination of an entire species when it was just plain old war, but trying to turn my people into xenophobic bigots? That made me uneasy.

Very interesting that he has his own studio!

Chris just released his first game as an independent designer: Galactic Inheritors (on Steam)
Finally. Was not following the DDs of the game for a long time but I will buy this. EDIT: I will not buy this yet as it is early access, I don't want to play early access games so I will wait until full release.

Finally. Was not following the DDs of the game for a long time but I will buy this. EDIT: I will not buy this yet as it is early access, I don't want to play early access games so I will wait until full release.
Fair enough, but what I've bought seems to be more than good enough. :)

Fair enough, but what I've bought seems to be more than good enough. :)
I'm happy with it, but won't be playing it much until it's more streamlined - my main problem being the frustrating UI. I have to say for an early access game that's probably the right priority.