• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

KKrive500

Mors Ante Pudorem
14 Badges
Jun 28, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Magicka
So I've been looking through forums everywhere trying to find the best parts for a computer that can max out games like SWTOR and Paradox games. I've never built a computer before and here are the parts I've found so far, basically what I'm asking for is recommendations for parts and advice, like what I'm missing and what I could replace the ones I list with (Links if you can to newegg for premier :p)

CPU- AMD Athlon X4 750K Trinity 3.4GHz Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop Processor - Black Edition AD750KWOHJBOX
Graphics-MSI N650-MD1GD5/OC GeForce GTX 650 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
SSD-Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F120GBGT-BK 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Hard Drive- Western Digital WD Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive - OEM

Motherboard recommendations? Other parts I'm missing? Like I said this is my first computer I'm going to build. Right now with the listed parts I have in my newegg cart it's 369.87 before tax, I was hoping to keep it below 500 but if I have to go at most 600 that would be ok. I know I will need atleast 4gbs ram right?

Might have better luck in the main forum here.

So I've been looking through forums everywhere trying to find the best parts for a computer that can max out games like SWTOR and Paradox games. I've never built a computer before and here are the parts I've found so far, basically what I'm asking for is recommendations for parts and advice, like what I'm missing and what I could replace the ones I list with (Links if you can to newegg for premier :p)

CPU- AMD Athlon X4 750K Trinity 3.4GHz Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop Processor - Black Edition AD750KWOHJBOX
Graphics-MSI N650-MD1GD5/OC GeForce GTX 650 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
SSD-Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F120GBGT-BK 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Hard Drive- Western Digital WD Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive - OEM

Motherboard recommendations? Other parts I'm missing? Like I said this is my first computer I'm going to build. Right now with the listed parts I have in my newegg cart it's 369.87 before tax, I was hoping to keep it below 500 but if I have to go at most 600 that would be ok. I know I will need atleast 4gbs ram right?

get 8gbs of ram, i'd recommened gskill personally, i like them alot....tho others like corsair are good.

motherboard go with asrock or asus, im using a gigabyte which is ok if you know which ones to avoid, use google, but most asrock and asus are good across the board.

You need more memory on your graphics card.

Also don't forget to account for the software of the operating system. Either windows, mac, or linux depending on your needs and budget.

http://www.logicalincrements.com/

A website like this might be useful. You look for your budget on the left, and there's a recommended build with a few alternatives at most tiers with a general quality guide on the right.

I would drop the SSD, especially if you are considering compromising on ram (you need 8gb). SSD are no more reliable than mechanical and all you gain is faster load time (which is measured in seconds anyway, and with a small SSD those are only for boot time and the limited numbers of apps you can fit). They are nice to have but are the absolute last priority.

And then for games like CK2 spend the money on a faster cpu, or for general gaming on a more capable gpu.

You need more memory on your graphics card.

I don't know how important this is for ck2, but for games like SWTOR this is going to be huge, by far the biggest factor. 2GB graphics card is almost a necessity.