• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And HOI2 was fun to play minors. Different strokes for different folks. No need to tell anybody what they need to get used to.

Shynka- Make a copy of your DH full folder and rename it and then edit the build times and costs to fit what you want. I did once and it was pretty fun, having the new map but not some of the less desirable parts of DH. I also edited the misc to make air units actually do something again, along with some other tweaks. If I still had the mod I'd send it to you but that PC died and I'm running a clean version again.

I know how to do it - I already did it once... and then accidentally deleted it. I was just hoping there's a mod that would help me do it instead.

AFAIK No. It is just more realistic, get used to it. HOI2 was extremely easy with that spamming ability. Fielding an entire armored division is not that easy.
I don't like how in DH the Wehrmacht needs to be spawned in with events instead of actually building it yourself. I just like the HOI2 system more, especially for multiplayer. And telling me to get "used to it" is clearly not good advice when the whole point of this thread is me trying to change it. I've played games as Germany where I have won on the eastern front, and reached all the way to China, but I was quite bored after. It would take forever to actually build a navy that could compete with the allies, who had 20 carriers total at that point.

AFAIK No. It is just more realistic, get used to it. HOI2 was extremely easy with that spamming ability. Fielding an entire armored division is not that easy.

Is it really more realistic, though? I feel like 100 days to make one militia division is really exaggerated. Actually, so is infantry. If real life had the build time of DH, I don't think that the USSR would have been able to resist the Germans in 1941 after most of their armies were lost to encirclements and such. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't like how in DH the Wehrmacht needs to be spawned in with events instead of actually building it yourself.

While units are slow to build, they're not THAT slow. I never required events.

Go ahead and change the system all you want, it's your game.

The thing is people aren't looking at the whole picture when it comes to why the build times in DH are as high as they are.

Build times in DH represent training time as well as building the equipment. If you go total mobilization, training time for militia decreases to about a month. Training 10,000 people isn't an easy thing.

Might be easiest to change to the bonus from hawk slider. Just change the policy.csv file with a text editor. Instead 5 percent increments to production time and cost, change it to 10 percent increments.

if you see something being too time consuming for you, just change it in the db folder. i don't particularly care about the historical accuracy of build times, and if it takes longer in DH, i just have to adjust my build according to it. the only annoying thing is i never get to build capital ships with the latest model, when they get completed the ships are almost always 1 generation obsolete already, whereas AI doesn't have this issue at all.

We recently did some comparison of in game build time to historical, and our finding was that it's faster in game than historical. Take it how you will....