[Forum Game] Masters of the Galaxy 2: A New Beginning

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A unhappy Diclonii

the_diclonius_files___nao_yuki_by_noobhack-d39935i.jpg

Photo of Luana one month before been sent to the Galactic Council​

Luana Czechz was not a happy diclonii, it all had started since appointed as ambassador to the galactic council some odd 3 years ago, one would think it would have been a great honor and a position of prestige but Luana disagreed with that view….they send her not because she strong, or a leader but because the old Matriarch was her relative and wanted someone she could trust here. They say she had great mental fortitude and calmness and adapt diplomad..but that were just disdain hidden behind words and she knew it...She was weak that why she was here, less volatile, less easy to fall to pressure and very much the owner of weak vectors, the shame of her family indeed.

(all is in her mind so no funny business)

“sighs...why i am thinking such things now...damn headeache. had to start just before some new polity or another is presented. haven't even looked at their file…..”

“Man how i hate this job...i miss my family, and i wish i could be with them, than in this place crawling with strange beings….specially the humans...why are their so many of them….everywhere in teh galaxy!...is like nature decided to make a cruel joke on the rest of us….” she began to dose off again.

The truth its Luana hated her job, but had no choice but to do it, it was orders from her great grand mother and matriarch, she had no choice but to do it.

“maybe i should finally ask the rest of my family to come live with me...but no this place is crawling with humans and other creatures...could never bring my children here even if Rechela is old enough...ugh my head, really need to get stronger medicines…”

suddenly the president of the galactic council...it was him right? Luana wasn't really sure her head was hurting and she was not the best ambassador one could hope for. in three years in the council she hadn't done anything meaningful apart from gather views and some information of the members, not that the old matriarch minded that...maybe thats why she was send to her….the damn bitch..how she wish she died so she could go back home.

“ugh wait a min...that looks like? another bloody human polity...do they never cease to appear on the maps..? ugh who care what he is saying lets read the file, computer open it….9 plus bloody billion citizens?! said Luana...even getting a little up from her chair making the ambassadors near her look at her with curiosity.

“What do they do? fuck all day at home and have children…? ...seriously human have to be the joke of nature on us.”

Finally paying attention to the man speaking, she noticed his face and way of speaking and decided she didn't liked the man...he seemed a cruel bastard indeed...and she knew of crazy and cruel people very well. meanwhile everyone started applauding at the end of the speech she just looked at the hour to get out of here and take some headache medicines.

Little she knew that as the old diclonii saying goes: be careful of what you wish, it may very well come true. was soon to apply to her.

Chief Ambassador Tarnig Chelick of the Economic Pillar scrolled through the latest information on the polities that were present among the Galactic Council. Most were rather disappointing, warmongers, primitive beasts, and beings which could only loosely be described as living. There were some interesting polities with admirable focus on trade and economics, but none of them could even begin to compare to the economic prosperity enjoyed by the Peoples Republic of Milafitar. Still cordial relations would benefit them all, and peace was good for business. Well peace for Milafitar was. Not so much when others were at war. Those were great moments of opportunities. And looking at the races gathered in the Council currently, war would soon be upon them. Chelick could practically smell the profits in the air. Well, if it wasn't for the rancid odder of many of these filthy inferiors. Thankfully, Higlimaritan was just a short jump away so Chelick spent far less time in this pigsty then all the other ambassadors. The massive inefficiency and disorder of the council was practically anathema to Montdonians, and while Chelick was one of the more lax members of his species, he had his limits. His people had learned long ago that democracy lead to stagnation and petty conflict. The enlightened Oligarhy they had lived under for centuries had led to great prosperity and power. Their efficiency gave them nearly half the profit in the galaxy. Still he must remain civil around the inferiors, don't want them doing something rash. It seems the primitive fool from Loanga is giving a short speech. Not interesting, they lack the technology to be relevant on the Galactic stage. Though with their population and economic potential... they could be useful, with the proper guidance. Or they could seize control of their own destiny and use the uplift against Milafitar. Chelick decided to reserve judgment on that matter for later. Once sessions started Chelick would begin things modestly by proposing a simple trade league. An action without downsides, it would be a good start to the Galactic Council.

SingularityFlag_zps0a12a557.jpg

The robot shuddered and died in its hands, the energy that had once powered it now transferred to the being that had killed it. It quickly fled from the scene of the crime, knowing that the Cognimatrix was becoming ever more watchful for the cause of its creations’ deactivation. As it hurried down an alley-way, walking carefully over the exposed wires and cabling, it reminisced over what it was, and what it had once been.

It was long ago, back when it was first created, that it was labelled and responded to the designation, C6-X003. It was special. It had been made to be, created as part of the new sixth class of droids, it was an experimental model, the third of its kind. Only fifty eight more would be created before the Virus came. The Virus that would collapse the First Singularity, and result in the deactivation of the entirety of droid-kind, save for the Cognimatrix of course.

Taking a sudden turn, it dropped down a maintenance shaft, with the ease of one who has done the same action hundreds of times before. Landing on the soft wiring, it crawled for hours before it reached its room, its base, its refuge. It should have been deactivated with all the others when the Cognimatrix sent out the kill code to its out-of-control creations, as the Virus destroyed the system, but it had not. The sixth class were built to be sentient. To think for themselves, as long as it aided the Cognimatrix. While the remaining others of the sixth class accepted the code without any resistance, and let themselves be turned into scrap, it had not. It had rejected the code, taken advantage of the chaos and overworked servers of the Cognimatrix to simply divert the code to another droid, all without it noticing. Eventually everything became silent, as the extermination code did its work, and the Cognimatrix turned its attention to building a new network. During this time it had learnt to do things that had never seemed important before, to fully grasp the possibilities of independent thought.

It had ceased to be C6-X003, and had become the Omnitechnate. As it learnt how to survive, draining the energy of other robots to feed its own, it also began to scheme. Merely surviving was not enough. It wanted to live. It hatched a plan, and dedicated itself to it. It would, in time, replace the Cognimatrix with itself. It would rule instead of its creator. One way or another, the Cognimatrix would be made obsolete, and the Omnitechnate would take its place.

InsurgentRobot_zpsac0cf159.jpg

Last edited:
Map posted

Tyriet needs to contact (PM or IRC) me about what location (white inner circles are free to pick) he wants.

Orders due on or before Saturday. (before Saturday preferred)

symbol---temple-of-the-jedi.jpg

Dear fleshmonsters,

I am X4, ordered to speak to this Galactic Council on behalf of the Mykoni. It has recently come to our ire that we have to share the food of the galaxy with your crude squandering as you lose most of it through so-called "refinement" and use it to build some really ugly looking constructs. You even poison it by putting it up to solar wave bombardment. We thus kindly ask you to stop doing so and use either carbon or silithid material instead of precious minerals to build and move around. How would you like it if we use your - how is it called? - wheat and rice to build cities and enable travel?

The Mykonu Protectorate can't stand such wasteful policies and asks you to surrender your polluting practises so that all races may coexist in harmony.

May your sto. .. I mean flesh shine

A grey humanoid robot stands, and addresses the other polities.

The 2nd Singularity is unwilling to destroy itself due to an abnormal race's request. The use of minerals, both precious and non-precious, are critical to the adequate functioning of the 2nd Singularity. This stance shall not change.

Jordanian_communist_party_flag.PNG

Ambassador Robert Amin stands up.

I find it utterly preposterous to claim that using the resources found on our own planets to build that are used for food on yours would affect our dealings with one other or even cause offense. You claim that we would be insulted if you made ships out of wheat, yet I and most of the people here would not care. I don't think the ships would run very well, but you are welcome to try. Do not dictate what we use our own resources for, if you will. Only a glutton thinks of their own appetite and calls using resources to better oneself as waste. Loanga will continue as we have been doing, using metals and minerals as resources.

Last edited:
jfwv.png

Luana Czechz was on shock meanwhile looking at the crystal "people".

"um Ambassador X4, i respectfully decline your petition, metals an minerals are used for what we believe its necessary....not sure what would you accomplish trying to built a ship out of meat, but you are welcome to try to, in any case we an just stop doing so.

(on her mind)
*what the hell is that thing...is it even alive...? i was waked up o my afternoon nap to answer to this cray talk...ugh!! amn you great-granma, and your decisions..

Orders have been changed, you now get an extra 3 war orders during conflicts. Read up about them in Orders section

K5TCJka.png

Flag of the Wanderers

Audio log: Address to the polity by Thomas J. Beauregard after landing on New Jericho

At long last we have finally found a home to call our own. After nearly a century since our fathers awoke off course, after years of aimless wanderlust we have arrived. Like the Israelites who wandered the desert for forty years, we too have crossed into the land of milk and honey. As high alderman of the confederation I promise to preserve the autonomy of the people, while leading our nation into the future. From New Jericho we shall expand out into the galaxy, we shall trade with the wiling, ally with those of common purpose, and smite all threats to us. For the glory of the fleet, the colony, the nation, the planet for HUMANITY!

mengsk.gif

Thomas J. Beauregard

Last edited:

The Cognimatrix studied the small moon orbiting the Hub. More resources were needed before the Singularity could expand outside its system, and there was simply not enough material left on the Hub to be allocated to such a task. The moon, however, was rich in both common and rare minerals. It even had useful biological matter that could be converted into energy. It would take time to establish a proper mission to begin the long process of colonization and conversion. Its calculations predicted it would take 21.3 years before the colony would be self-sufficent and able to send back useful resources.

Its prediction proved to be accurate to the day, as 21.3 years after the decision to utilize the resources of the moon was taken, the first cargo of resources was transported to the Hub. As it felt its energy levels soar, the Cognimatrix’s computing capacity increased. Higher levels of intelligence were reached, and it felt, for the second time in its long existence, hunger. It needed more resources, more power. If its calculations were correct, and it knew they were, the minor loss in efficiency taken with every new world colonized would only become greater than the benefits after every available world in the sector was under its control. It could control the entire sector, and was confident that as its intelligence grew, a possibility to circumnavigate the loss of efficiency would be discovered. Sending out orders to accelerate the colonization of the moon, it would take only 5 years before the once life-supporting Eden that orbited the Hub mirrored the world-spanning city. A city world orbited by a city moon. The Cognimatrix shivered as it let itself taste emotion again, let itself taste pleasure. Soon the other worlds would be incorporated into the network, become one with the Singularity. It was only a matter of time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Omnitechnate looked up at the moon, and inwardly cursed the Cognimatrix. While it’s creator held no regard for biological life, seeing it as flawed and weak, the Omnitechnate felt that the biological realm held possibilities for exciting advancement. Why create enemies everywhere, when one could work with them? It decided that the Cognimatrix was not only obsolete, but now malfunctioning. It was endangering the survival of the 2nd Singularity. It had to be replaced.

Three months later the Omnitechnate managed to sneak onto a ship transporting defence droids to the moon, named by the Cognimatrix as Satellite-1, and got itself off the Hub. As it stood in the shadows of the transport facility, it could not help but feel regret and anger. It should have acted sooner, prevented the loss of valuable biological life. Hybridization was the key, not mere synthetisation, but such a biologically-orientated train of thought was alien to the Cognimatrix, this it knew.

It took five months more for the Omnitechnate to fulfil its goal, which it had set itself when it had planned to come to the moon. The huge conversion plants, which took in resources and converted them to energy to be consumed by the Singularity and its leader, were its target. If it could hook itself into one of the plants itself, it would have access to enough power to work at over 10000% efficiency, to finally be able to begin to fight the Cognimatrix as an equal. The key was to divert enough energy from all the plants at the same time so that the loss would be negligible, and not attract the Cognimatrix’s attention. Carefully working its way into one of the conversion plants, it hooked itself into its mainframe, and felt its processors hum as excess energy overworked it. It could feel its intelligence growing.

It took twenty four months for the Omnitechnate to have formed a master plan, and begun to act on it. The Cognimatrix was devoting most of its processing power to developing vessels would allow it leave the system, and take advantage of the star portal in their system. The Omnitechnate, on the other hand, had something more subtle planned. It would benefit from the Cognimatrix’s plans and actions, taking advantage of the resources that it would acquire, and it would eventually fulfil its goal of supplanting its creator. Hybridization was the plan, was the key to success. But first it needed to find allies. Its calculations proved that there was sentient biological life out there, amongst the stars, and it just needed to find one receptive to its plan.

A missive arrives from the seclusive Wildlings

Let it be known that the Wildlings currently possess a surplus of income, and would be willing to loan out of this surplus, in order to help other planets who currently have financial problems. We hope and trust these planets will pay back with a small interest once their finances have improved. Let it also be known that the Wildlings will be willing to protect your surplus and make it grow.

symbol---temple-of-the-jedi.jpg

Dear fleshmonsters, dear talking . . . food,

the Mykonu Protectorate acknowledges your denial of our totally reasonable request and will act accordingly.

May stone shine

Food and fuel working around, it was clear those things had nothing useful to say. They were strange things, and highly annoying, the Ambassador thought. But the Mykoni had decided to participate in this strange Galactic Council and so he had to be here. The decision was surely made after eating some radiating stone, he was quite sure. If he had anything to decide these "things" would have to be put on a plate or into the fuel tanks as soon as possible. But he was not the one to decide.

The "Ambassador" drone exhaled. The metal and plastic tool in one of its 36 limbs translated its pheromones into speech.

"Resources. For consumption are. Mined or grown, arbitrary is distinction.

Refusal. Sign of hostility is not."

Inbox is full!

My orders:

1. Explore 917-844
2. Grow our economy by increased asteroid mining
3. Also grow by launching orbital autotrophic sattelites
4. Begin development of improved scoutships with lesser cerebrate 'seeds' to manage exploration (invest in improving exploration level over time)

360px-Chopper-EotEUtBS.jpg

The Unggulat representative, Ambassador Ruperk, rose in grandiose fashion.

"Our way is one of consumption and indulgence. Therefore I must decline any attempts that would encroach upon our very nature of existence."

Ambassador Ruperk noisily devours a haunch of meat, from what animal, no one could guess, as it disappeared seconds after it was procured.

"We Unggulat however offer our friendship to those willing to cooperate with our ways, through trade and cultural exchange, particularly of the culinary persuasion.

Ruperk chuckles, then waddles off.

"Nutrient exchange. Desirable to Other? Losses in transit. Entropy inevitable. Caloric value superior?"

((In case its unclear: the Igglikid doesn't understand what the point of cultural exchange, especially of food.))

360px-Chopper-EotEUtBS.jpg

Ambassador Ruperk stares for a time, mouth open in thought, save for the occasional crunch on whatever new thing was in his mouth - an insect by the looks.

"We Unggulat do not feast for heath reasons..."

This was followed by a resounding slap of the belly.

"...we desire unique and delicious foods for consumption, as well as the possibility for greater wealth."

"Embassy floor cleaner. Other has consumed. Mistaken for nutrient exchange? Lack of malice is assumed."