• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

forivin

Recruit
1 Badges
Feb 3, 2014
  • Magicka
I hope someone takes the time to read this. :(

I just bought Magicka and most of the DLCs.
I'm stuck in the end of Chapter 6 at the moment. It's insanely difficult. (I'm not exaggerating when I say that I failed about 100 times now.)
I figured this game (or at least this chapter) is definitely not single-user friendly, so I checked out the Online Play section.
But the game turned out to be completely dead. :eek: At the moment I can see 4 already started games of which 3 are privat+password-protected and the last one is an add on I guess and already in-game anyway.

When I open a game myself, no one joins, not even after waiting an hour or two.
I of course opened some ports:
Code:
IP               Protocol    Public    Local
192.168.2.105    TCP         27016     27016
192.168.2.105    UDP         27016     27016
192.168.2.105    TCP          7331      7331
192.168.2.105    UDP          7331      7331

So my questions are:
  • Is the Online/Multiplayer dead?
  • Or is that just a bug?
  • Any ideas where I can find some random people that would join me or that I could join myself?
  • Tunngle maybe?
  • I read that some people had to actually enter the ip-address of their mates to join them because they didn't show up in the list. So maybe we could all share our ip addresses or dyndns data?
  • I also heared that you could change your "region" and that people can only find people from their own region. If that's true, how can I change my region?

I really really hope you can help me because I really love this wonderful game and it would be very sad if I would have bought the game for nothing.

Best regards,
forivin

Last edited:
Pretty much dead.
Unless you invite people to play with you, won't find anyone to play.

I guess everyone went to Wizard Wars.

Magicka 2 has a average wait time for me int he US west of 1-5 minutes. at most 7. It's safe to say that's where everyone went.
(Although why is the subreddit for Magicka still ded)

You could add me on steam and I'll power you through that, if my some miraculous chance we're actually online at the same time.

Any excuse to play more vanilla magicka. :happy:

Wizard Wars is NOT Magicka 2

It is a MOBA based PvP with the spell engine and playable characters from Magicka.

It is something like Warcraft > Dota

Different games based on the other.

I could join in some time, perhaps. Depends on your Time Zone. I'm GMT+1 (Sweden), and my steam name is Luhood90. Gimme a call!

Magicka 2 has a average wait time for me int he US west of 1-5 minutes. at most 7. It's safe to say that's where everyone went.
(Although why is the subreddit for Magicka still ded)

I have the same problem, i can w8 2h on the lobby trying get anyone in my game or hit quick game search and i will not find an single person online, i buyed my magicka on steam there is any way to change to US west ? so everyone is playing on US west ?