• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

"It doesn't looks like Porsche at all. And it has only two doors. And that noise is killing me. I tell You, they should change the production into some military design."

"Your Imperial Majesty, we after some additional effort, we have managed to cope with the popular unrest after one of our banks went bankrupt. We have already send the right squad to find where the bank director is having a sunbath. When we wanted to propose a deal to our new comrades again, it has appeared, that we are short of money, so we have to get back to making them again."

"Your Imperial Majesty, this diploma would look really nice next to the others. I'm glad that You have decided to go further into computing machines, and want to develop it, for welfare of our country."

"Your Imperial Majesty, we have decided to send some emergency aid to help those poor americans."

"As the trick with "the bauxites" isn't working for Turks anymore, we have decided to run a delivery of "special" candies for soviet childs."

"Your Imperial Majesty, You are truly a great lover of animals."

"We have just finished developing the tactics for fast, manouverable, motorized units. Too bad we don't have much trucks. This one is just a stand made of plywood, just to pose for the photo."

"Some time ago we have received the bluprints for 1926 Infantry Division, and now, we have additionaly hit the Accounting Machine boost. Not to mention the bluprints for destroyer production that we have stashed somwhere."

What other emperor is so singularly talented that he amounts to half his nation's research capability and who knows what percentage of its degrees!?

Ethiopia could have trucks I suppose, but trained battle lions would be a decent fall back.

"Your Imperial Majesty, we shall stop the trading with soviets for some time."

SAFE DICTATOR = HAPPY DICTATOR

"Your Imperial Majesty, discovering of this technic, would surely increase the rate of upgrade for our troops. We could wait some time to get another infantry technic that would speed up the process even further."

Ethiopia could have trucks I suppose, but trained battle lions would be a decent fall back.

It crossed my mind, as the lion is Ethiopian national animal, and I have a lot of pictures with HIM and lions, but:

Contrary to popular belief lions are very lazy, and this was not possible to train them for combat. Romanians tried that already, and limited their use to use on arena.

"Your Imperial Majesty, I'm glad that You have decided that we should start improvising our military forces already. As all of our units are currently outdated, it would be a real tough time to be ready before "something" would happen."

"This is the most splendid, that we have managed to made the first upgrades in barely 4 days after we started."

"On that day we have upgraded our last XIX century militia unit. I would miss all these crests and tribal shields. Now, we would have a lot of outdated warspears in our armouries. I already have five hanging above my fireplace."

"We have also managed to upgrade our infantry units. It took a little bit longer than those militias, but it is most worth."

"Your Imperial Majesty, it appeared that the other nations also want to give You an additinal scientifical title. At this time, You have been granted a title from Cambridge University."

Please note that the infantry look like it is really fully profesional.
(the picture is from 1955)

"Your Imperial Majesty, we would create another military rank for You, if that would be neceseary. On the other hand, we could present You with a rank of Grand Admiral or Air Marshal. Or both."

"Your Imperial Majesty, the progress of upgrading of our troops is proceeding well, but regardless the constant effort, it would still take some time to untill it would be completely up-to-date."

"Yes, we could use that port. I wish they would rebel and proclaim independence. We would be able to catch them quickly, before anyone else could react."

"We could also use Marsille."

"Your Imperial Majesty. Our recent upgrades of troops have brought about the subject of troop deployement. It is clear to us, that our new strenghtened forces would prove themselves better when faced against Italians."

"The close intelligence report of the situation on our borders showed up, that the Italians are clearly underestimating our force. On the northern border we have spotted only 6 divisions, showing the important port almost unguarded. Previosuly we planned to stick to the defense on both borders, and take initiative when we would spot the opportunity, but when faced with such small force, together with our Minister of War we decided that we should take immediate attack on northern border in case of a conflict."

"The situation on southern border is more equal. With 5 to 6 infantry units facing 9 of our militias we should stick to defence, but with a quick perspective of winning on the northern border, we might quickly redeploy our forces and attack again. The time would show if the Italians would not reinforce their armies to the time of imminent conflict."

Taking Eritrea is definitely the best choice, however, as I said before keep a strong force there as the Italians will land again. They used 6 division in the assault against me.

"Your Imperial Majesty, in our Empire evereone who can seat closer to the Throne does have more impact on our policy. Please wait one moment, I will be back in a minute, I just have to get my uniform ready."

"Waving flags, cutting the ribbon, kissing the kids, speches, parades... I love it."

"Your Imperial Majesty, we have managed to get another break-through with a new technic of Infantry Division, 1931. As the next Infantry Div technic is on 1936, we shall not pursue it right away. This would greatly improve the strenght and upgrade time of our INF units. Now, as we definetely lack the TC we shall pursue the 1924 supply technic. We propably shall not have enough time to improve all of our INF units, but that would be hopefully enough to face those Italians warmongers."

"Your Imperial Majesty, we always could proceed with some intelligience actions, like smear campaign or inicite revolts. But certainly we lack the ability to do some more "direct" actions. They pose a great threat, as they keep their imperial ambitions."

"Currently our Armed Forces are much more modernized and more numerous than the German Wehrmacht."

"Your Imperial Majesty, it is so great luck for us, that You have managed to finish developement of another technic for our country. Our industrial strenght was greatly improved. We are also happy that You have started with another technology, and we hope that we would get that quite soon."

Love it! Please continue. ^.^

Thank You! When I get no comment in between the updates, I start to wonder, if anyone actionally read it.

(No updates for yesterday, as I was watching the Olympic Games and first gold medal for my country.)

Thank You! When I get no comment in between the updates, I start to wonder, if anyone actionally read it.

(No updates for yesterday, as I was watching the Olympic Games and first gold medal for my country.)

Yes, we read it. But sometimes we just do not know what to comment, or are busy and find that there are actually two or more updated posts.

Your IC is steadily creeping up! I look forward to the inevitable clash with the bloody fascists!

"If anyone would not be sure which country I mean, I mean both of them!!!."

"Hurrah!!! One additional point of TC!!! We are saved!!! Our victory is eminent!!!"

It's a very fun AAR. May Abyssinia conquer! (with cardboard trucks)

Thank You. I hope You all like it. I wanted to keep it serious first, but when I guess it won't be long, I tried to keep it funny instead. Now, with Easy setting and not-to-bright Italian AI, it seems like I have to keep some of my jokes up my sleeve for the right moment.

Quite amusing indeed. I chuckled throughout. I love the pictures as well. Where do you get these? Are they genuine pre-ww2 from Ethiopia?

Like Nein said, and I said before, 99% of pictures are from Ethiopia/Abyssinia. If BW and with good resolution then it is from 50s-70s, other BW are from before the war or from the Italian ocupation times or British "presence". Color pictures are from 50s and up, if I find some nice color (or coloured - I never know) picture from before the war, I like to mention it - like on the picture with US Embassy staff.
As this is really hard to find nice pictures, I usually stash them when found, and then try to find a suitable picture to fit the current event.

Please note, that some of the pictures are taken from the real pictures :)

And - if in doubt about the time a picture was taken - look at the His Imperial Majesty beard, it would tell the truth.

Your IC is steadily creeping up! I look forward to the inevitable clash with the bloody fascists!

First, I wanted to build up the infrastructure in two provinces and build some IC more. Now I know I won't have time for that before the war.

I read it alll! Very funny. Actually, you made me want to start an Abyssinian game yesterday; I have found an easy way to eviscerate the Italians, and to get colonies from them :) But it is just using the mechanics, it is not funny, and it may break ww2 (and I didn't check, it is perhaps a know trick).