• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

"Your Imperial Highness, as most of our troops are on the move right now, we have slight problems with infrastructure and Transport Capacity. After all, please remember, that the first automobil was brought to our country 25 years ago, by Your Majesty. Before that we have no need for such fancy luxuries."

"Apparently, this is the first sign for collapse of US. We should expect that in a few months, they would grant independence also for Kansas."

"Your Imperial Highness, our troops have just finished redeployment. Now, they are in position for possible war with Italians. Our Chief of Army had ordered the southern border to be protected by militia units, all divided into big troops of 9 units, led by general. Also there is one single militia unit placed in the middle for possible defence strenghtening. We do not plan to attack at this front at the start, these units would act as discouragement for Italian troops. Infantry troops were deployed on the northern border, in the troops of 6 units, the Imperial Guard units led personally by Your Highness have one additional infantry unit. This is ready for an attack on the sides and for support in the centre."

"Your Imperial Highness, we have just received some diplomatic report about the Soviet-Italian pacts, that they have signed. Our Intelligence claims, that there are additional, classified parts of that Ciano-Litvinov Pact, where Soviets offer the Italians their support in supplies and in diplomacy over the Legue of Nations on conquering of our country. Italians in exchange offered them some economic and technological help. We should be ready for some upcoming conflict. We have to rely on ourselves and on strenght of our spirit and arm.
And by arm, I mean our rifles."

"Your Imperial Majesty, there had just arrived a new intelligence report about the Italians. As predicted, our relations with these Fascist Swines is at the very bottom."

"As our intel is restricted in their funds, all we can see, are some estimations. Their economics is not breathtaking, yet they have some surplus supplies and capital. They have currently a lot of free manpower, that easily could be turned onto another waves of armies to invade our country."

"They have around 55 infantry units, so they could be compared to our numbers. If they would concentrate all their armies, we could have problems. Our intel is wrong, we are sure they have at least one HQ unit, it was seen by some shepherds in Somaliland. They have a strong or at least numerous Navy, and some airforce. Airforce is not something we should be worry about. As Field Marschall Balbo is on African soil, we can expect, that he would lead the assault."

"Their cabinet is a cave of robbers, ready to stuff their pockets. All faces looks like mugshots."

"We don't know what their scientists work on, but my educated guess is, that it is: logistics, industry, artillery and infantry. One word - they are preparing for war."

"Finally there are some information about the real land we would be fighting over. I thought that the Somaliland is smaller, but it is almost the size of our country. Plus there is additional quarter of land of Eritrea. On plus side, they are both very scarcely inhabited, with less than 50% of our population. Nothing we won't be able to take over."

"At the first glance Libya is looking as a nice pice of cake, with a double the area than our country with Eritrea and Somaliland, and less than 1 milion of population. Problem would be to get there without the navy."

"Your Imperial Majesty, Your through knowledge of modern day industry is widely known in the whole world. I expect we should get some visits of foreign ambassadors, with some questions that bother them for us to resolve."

This AAR is really cool, keep on the good work. Surely it is hard to find pictures, isn´t it?

Indeed, it is a trouble. Hopefully we have internet!!!
I try to keep with BW pictures, even though some of them are from 50s and 60s. This particular picture above is marking to be a picture from funeral. In matter of fact it is from some foreign visit in Afganistan from 50/60s.

"Your Imperial Majesty, thanks to Your unorthodox methods of research we have managed to increase the speed of our research in substantial way. I am so happy, that You have agreed to pursue this design into a little more modern one, and started the research of Automatic Feed Tabulator."

"Military engineers have managed to learn some basic technics on construction, while we are already able to build some new factories, first we have to focus on developement of infrastructure. As soon as our people would be completely content we would send them to build some roads to keep their boredom away."

"We had to make an important decision about in which way we shall proceed with our military tactics. After through consideration we have decided, mutually with CHief of Army that we shall learn the tactic doctrine focused on mobility. As we don't expect any fast-moving units any time soon, we believed it would gave our units a little more chances in foreseen conflict with Italians."

8/6... Selassie could teach the Allies a lesson or two in efficiency... :D

Not only in efficacy - he could teach the lesson in every field. :)

I have just found out that in 1935, Abyssinia had 3 tanks and 3 airplanes (military I guess).
First picture is a real US Ambassador to Abyssinia, taken in 1931.

"Your Imperial Majesty, it was a brilliant plan to propose and support the Soviet Union candidature for the Legue of Nations. Now, in the Legue there would be one more country that would vote in our favor. Additionally, that would certainly nullify the Ciano-Litvinov Pact and we would also get a great opportunity to trade our goods with a good price. Comrade Stalin has already send in a telegraph message with gratitudes."

"Your Imperial Majesty, we know well how to tell the emeralds and diamonds from coloured glass. And what to do with the seller."

"Your Imperial Majesty, Just a moment before making all of our people content, we have, together with the newly trained junior officers of the engineers units from Oletta, started an effort with developing our country infrastructure around the capital. The work is proceeding really smoothly, this should be completed even faster than we have expected at first glance. I have personally ordered to add the trees lines next to the main roads."

"All the other production forces are send to produce some military supplies, that we could sell."

"Last thing, I wanted to ask Your Imperial Majesty, if we shouldn't change the traffic to right-hand-side?"

No King? How barbaric.

From this point of view, Stalin's position is almost like Tsar, there would certainely be more about it later.

"It is our Empire that would lead the world and set new trends, If they did something first - they must be wrong."

"Your Imperial Majesty. We should invest some resources into our army. This is a presentation of our Imperial Guards. They are very well uniformed and equipped, they just lack one thing. No, not the fancy crests."

"I understand, that for a few milleniums our warriors were fighting without them, but now, we cannot exist without tanks, airplanes and boots."

"On a side note, maybe we should change that inscription to "Kriegsministerium" or even "Mинистерство мирa".

"Your Imperial Majesty, we have just started to rip off benefits of our cooperation with Soviet Union and its leader Comrade Stalin."

"We have managed to use French port in Djibouti for establishing a direct trade route with their Crimean port in Sevastopol. We are sending them military supplies, cleverly disguised as transports of bauxite, to avoid Turkish controls over de-militarised straits."

"In exchange, they are sending us the american dollars, free of problems, with a direct transfer to our Geneva accounts. It was a good idea to open the swiss bank account by the way of our visit in League of Nations. Some of this money is going for our treasury, to fasten our research."

9/6? Roads? What's next, the fabled "trucks"?!

Boots go first.