• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MagooNZ

Captain
4 Badges
May 17, 2012
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
I held UK, and the AI USA invaded Glascow province. I send my few aircraft to get some intel on the invasion fleet, by flying fleet attack over the Irish Sea (west coast off Glascow). My aircraft didnt find any invasion fleets.

However my small fleet in the North Sea discovered to its horror, the USA invasion fleet was on the east coast (North Sea) of Glascow province, and had 31 ships incl many ACCs and BShips. The eastern coast line of Glascow province is very small, so to move the beach icon to that coast would require a redraw of the province boundaries. Alternatively, the sea invasion zone could be moved to the west coast to match the location of the existing beach icon. The minor port symbol is on the east coast.

Any other provinces where the invasion beach icon is in the wrong place ?

Upvote 0
i'm not sure i understand the problem exactly.

but i think u get the meaning of the small anchor icon wrong.
it has nothing to do with a province being invadeable or not. it only symbolizes a province can have a port and ships are able to dock there [well if u occupy the territory your transports ships can unload units to the prov with the small anchor].
i attach an image showing the symbol of a province being invadeable in the top left pane [i signed with a red circle]. glasgow can be invaded from three sea provinces [all adjancment] regardless of where the small anchor icon is located.
glasgow.jpg
it's like land fort icon in a prov. regardless of which part of the province it shows it gives the same bonuses from all direction.
i hope i didn't misunderstand the problem and my answer was useful

ps.: btw attacking from multiple directions from the sea doesn't offer the 'multiple front bonus' as it used to in land engagements

Last edited:
Useful replies thanks. I have never completely understood this part of the game.

If I wanted to sea invade Glascow, I expect that there is one sea area that AoD will automatically always send my invasion fleet to. In the above case this is probably the eastern coast line (North Sea), Sea 3 in mcganyol's attached map. How can I select the sea invasion zone that I want to use? I thought that if one has, say 3 invasion fleets, that one could send each invasion fleet to a different sea zone, and then pickup the "attacking from multiple directions" bonus. But mcganyol says this bonus is not obtained. Still, it would be useful to be able to select the sea zone of my choice for my invasion. How to do this ?

I thought that if one has, say 3 invasion fleets, that one could send each invasion fleet to a different sea zone, and then pickup the "attacking from multiple directions" bonus. But mcganyol says this bonus is not obtained. Still, it would be useful to be able to select the sea zone of my choice for my invasion. How to do this ?

no multiple front bonus and max amphib size remains the same no matter how many "independent" landing you launch.
1, move transports to desired location
2, click 'unload troops'
3, right click on target, like a regular attack

[on the attached screen glassgow is owned but if it's not then an amphib attack starts]

Attachments

• manual_invasion_1.jpg
    manual_invasion_1.jpg
    240,7 KB · Views: 53
  • manual_invasion_2.jpg
    manual_invasion_2.jpg
    192,7 KB · Views: 50
  • manual_invasion_3.jpg
    manual_invasion_3.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 51
Thanks mcganyol. It is still possible to learn somthing new every day.:)

EDIT: An AoD109 test case indicates that multidirectional invasion eliminates the max amphibious size penalty.

So I conclude there is a clear combat advantage for sea invasion from multiple sea zones simultaneously. Attacking from 2 sea zones, they don't get the extra -30 stacking penalty.

Last edited: