• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ConjurerDragon

Generalissimus
79 Badges
Apr 19, 2005
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Impire
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • East India Company Collection
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
According to Havard it´s possible to define who the "defender of the faith" is at the start of a scenario either in the scenario definitions
http://home.broadpark.no/~havmoe/EU/scenario_def.htm
or in the country definition
http://home.broadpark.no/~havmoe/EU/scenario_country.htm

I tried to mod the Mamluks to be DoF in the 1419 AGCEEP scenario for my own game but adding
sunni = MAM
in either the mamluks country file or the 1419 Globaldata.inc results in an error.

Do I need to put that line in another file or does it have a different syntax?

The new syntax is
Code:
defender = { TAG = religion }

Reactions:
Ah, thankyou. I tried to put this in 1419_GlobalData.inc of the AGCEEP mod of my game:

Code:
        defender = { PAP = catholic }
	defender = { BYZ = orthodox }
	defender = { MAM = sunni }
	defender = { SIL = hussite }
	defender = { SPA = counterreform }
	defender = { DAN = protestant }
	defender = { PER = shiite }
	defender = { CHI = confucianism }
	defender = { VIJ = hinduism }

PAP, BYZ and MAM now work and are listed as defender of the faith ingame, SIL and PER are probably ignored because they do not exist yet, and SPA and DAN because those religions do not yet exist. However why don´t CHI and VIJ work?
In religions.txt only reformed and pagan have the "defender = no" entry that prevent them from having a defender of the faith.

Unless you've replaced global_flags.txt, neither confucianism nor hinduism (nor buddhism) is enabled at game start in AGCEEP. Someone (not naming names) thought it looked cleaner to change their names to "confucian" and "hindu", which breaks any mods that rely on vanilla religions.

Reactions:
Unless you've replaced global_flags.txt, neither confucianism nor hinduism (nor buddhism) is enabled at game start in AGCEEP. Someone (not naming names) thought it looked cleaner to change their names to "confucian" and "hindu", which breaks any mods that rely on vanilla religions.

Mmmh, I just tried to insert

Code:
        defender = { PAP = catholic }
	defender = { BYZ = orthodox }
	defender = { MAM = sunni }
	defender = { SIL = hussite }
	defender = { SPA = counterreform }
	defender = { DAN = protestant }
	defender = { PER = shiite }
	defender = { CHI = confucian }
	defender = { VIJ = hindu }

into the vanilla game with the slightly changed names of religions you mentioned and there all defenders of states and religions that existed in 1419 worked. So China was DoF confucian and VIJ DoF hindu.

However in the AGCEEP mod those religions are not even *displayed* as possible defenders of the faith in the screen that lists all DoF´s:

Confusius.jpg

I could understand that if AGCEEP´s "religion.txt" would have set those to "defender = no" but just like in vanillas religion.txt only reformed and pagan are set to have no DoF.

Like I said, that's because those religions don't really exist. You can have provinces and countries that use them (like the EU2 AGCEEP which had a Protestant Bohemia during the Hussite Wars), but they aren't treated like "real" religions.

Like I said, that's because those religions don't really exist. You can have provinces and countries that use them (like the EU2 AGCEEP which had a Protestant Bohemia during the Hussite Wars), but they aren't treated like "real" religions.

o.k. AGCEEP does currently not use an own global_flags.txt so it uses the vanilla file for that.

Which means that to make DoF´s possible for those religions in AGCEEP it would work if either
- AGCEEP brings it´s own global_flags.txt file that defines e.g. confucianism instead of confucian
or
- the vanilla game changes e.g. confucian back to confucianism
or
- in the vanilla global_flags.txt confucianism is defined in addition to confucian as a seperate religion?

Yes. I don't think 1.3 should have changed the names of so many cultures and religions, but I don't really want to start changing them back nearly a year later.