Mount and Blade leaving the Paradox stables, heading out on new adventures!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
As of January 31st at 00:00 (UTC -08:00) Paradox Interactive will be handing over the reins for Mount and Blade back to the developer, TaleWorlds. It’s been five and a half years since Mount and Blade was released, five and a half years of sieges, tournaments and pitched open-field battles, and of course, the odd expansion or two!

We feel honoured to have fought beside you and at our final parting of ways would bid our farewells with a gift which has automatically been added to your Steam library.

What is your gift? One of our internal studios, Paradox North, is currently hard at work on a spell-casting action PVP game by the name of Magicka: Wizard Wars. As we know that you are all fans of fast-paced tactical combat we feel that you would be equally as adept with a robe and staff as you are with sword and shield, as such our gift to you is an invitation to our Early Access alpha of Magicka: Wizard Wars.

If you would like to know more about the game please do check www.wizardwars.com or our official forum at http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?791-Magicka-Wizard-Wars.

Again, thank you for an exciting five and a half years!

/Paradox Interactive

Official Taleworlds forum: http://forums.taleworlds.com/ - This is where you go to discuss Mount and Blade!
We will be shutting this forum down for posting soon. And at a later stage it will disappear completely, so if you have anything on here you wish to preserve. Now is the time to get it!

ADMIN EDIT: We Have now closed this forum form further posting, Please follow the steps outlined above for discussion and Support of the game.

Thx guys :cool:

So long, and thanks for all the fights!

I would recommend the persistent mod of M&B Warband CRPG to anyone. It has a map with castles and sieges and armies moving around and you level characters and gain weapons and skills. Kind of a mini-MMO with the best medieval combat system ever designed.

http://c-rpg.net/

*salute*
Thank you for introducing me to this game, paradox, and let us see where the future takes you, taleworlds!

If anybody wants to play great multyplayer mod there's Full Invasion 2 and thanks to Paradox for the gift. I actually bought Magicka a few hours ago not knowing that I also got Wizard Wars which was a great surprise :)

Somehow the frontpage does not let me read this same message, anyhow thanks for the support of i.m.o. the greatest indie game in recent history. On to M&B2!

Last edited:
The blog entries for M&B2 look stunning, some of us were afraid the graphics wasn't going to take much of a leap forward but I know I've been proven wrong now!

Can't believe Paradox would let TaleWorlds go personally, I think I'd be begging them to stay! Oh well.

I look forward to playing M&B2.

While I am sad that Taleworlds is leaving, I find it wonderful that Paradox is letting them leave and wishing them luck. Most publishers would force devs to stay and keep hold of their IP's. This shows you that Paradox is a great company.