Mount and Blade leaving the Paradox stables, heading out on new adventures!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
While I am sad that Taleworlds is leaving, I find it wonderful that Paradox is letting them leave and wishing them luck. Most publishers would force devs to stay and keep hold of their IP's. This shows you that Paradox is a great company.

That's because Paradox never owned the IP, they just provided marketing and distribution. I'm guessing Taleworlds made more than enough from the great success of Warband to fund this themselves for Bannerlord, whenever it comes out.

I own mount and blade bout not on steam, i bought it trough gamersgate. Do i get the gift too?
Nop. Paradox is in love with Steam now. If you got your games elsewhere you are only a second rate customer.
All must obey the great overlord.

Nop. Paradox is in love with Steam now. If you got your games elsewhere you are only a second rate customer.
All must obey the great overlord.

You ARE aware that Paradox was under no obligation to do that, Steam or no Steam? No one is owed anything. Frankly, I wouldn't blame them one bit of it was a Steam only offer (much easier to manage) even though that would leave me SOL as well.

I got M&B waaaaay back when it was still an Alpha. Glad to see the 1-man shop has become a successful studio. Still, they had better chances of success staying with Paradox. It was a match that made sense.