• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Rizz

Second Lieutenant
111 Badges
Aug 19, 2011
easternfront.org
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • PDXCON 2017 Standard Ticket holder
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
I don’t think anyone at Paradox expected Crusader Kings II to spread into India with quite as much gusto as it will this March. The next expansion adds around 50% to the world map, with almost 400 new provinces, three new religions and a continent’s worth of new events, including the possibility of chained ‘reincarnation’ plotlines. As always with these generous chunks of DLC, a free patch will be released alongside the expansion and it will contain a surprisingly hefty amount of content, including the entirety of the expanded map, and Steam matchmaking and Workshop support. While it may not have the immediate appeal of the Old Gods to many (Vikings vs Buddhists anyone?), Rajas is the biggest expansion since. More details below.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/28/opening-the-passage-ck-ii-rajas-of-india/

Work has also been carried out to make Ethiopia, Nubia and Abyssinia more interesting to play. That section of the world was the location of a planned ‘mini’ expansion but it has been included in the free patch that will accompany Rajas of India.

This is interesting. I wonder what that work might be.

So... Viking raids on Ganges? :D
roi1.jpg

Ethiopia is finally getting some love? Awesome!

*hype train activated*

This was to be expected...

I predict they will open the red sea channel to allow vikings raids into India.

Hopefully, paradox didn't make the rivers like that in order to allow for Viking raids - after all they don't even allow for raids up the Nile now - and it would be horribly ahistorical. But wait, this means they must have added the river provinces for some other reason, like admitting that people not from Scandinavia also sailed on rivers from time to time. Here's hoping.

Work has also been carried out to make Ethiopia, Nubia and Abyssinia more interesting to play

I hope that's a typo and they mean Mali will be interesting to play. After all, Abyssinia/Ethiopia are the same :D

I'm thinking they meant "Ethiopia, Nubia, and Aksum," to be honest. Though we'll see about Mali.

Work has also been carried out to make Ethiopia, Nubia and Abyssinia more interesting to play

I hope that's a typo and they mean Mali will be interesting to play. After all, Abyssinia/Ethiopia are the same :D

Well since Paradox doesn't think Abyssinia should convert to Ethiopia in EUIV, I don't think they got the memo ;)

Fantastic! Africa getting attention and navigable sea zones around Arabian Peninsula were a demanded features for a long, long time. And it's going to be released in March! How are they going to do this? The Old Gods took like 4-5 months and it's nothing compared to RoI scale!

Hopefully, paradox didn't make the rivers like that in order to allow for Viking raids - after all they don't even allow for raids up the Nile now - and it would be horribly ahistorical. But wait, this means they must have added the river provinces for some other reason, like admitting that people not from Scandinavia also sailed on rivers from time to time. Here's hoping.
Hindu can raid too... :)

Fantastic! Africa getting attention and navigable sea zones around Arabian Peninsula were a demanded features for a long, long time. And it's going to be released in March! How are they going to do this? The Old Gods took like 4-5 months and it's nothing compared to RoI scale!
TOG - nothing? You have to be kidding! TOG has entirely new start date, so they had to change history of the entire map. It added new technology mechanics, completely changed buildings, added navigable rivers, pagan raiding, rebels with a cause, adventurers, Tribal nations...

And I'm quite sure they've been developing it at least since SoA release, if not earlier.