• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Marcus

Over the top, gentlemen!
28 Badges
Jun 19, 2000
Visit site
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Pride of Nations
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris
  • Rise of Prussia
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
Hi guys,

Bought this game yesterday and went to bed at 1:30 AM thinking 'one more turn, one more turn, one more turn'.

In any case, the only thing I have not yet been able to figure out is to how remove units from the 'move queue', as in 'skip rest of turn' the manual says to press G but that is not doing anything.

Am I missing something? Is this different for UK keyboards?

All help appreciated!

While we're at it, what happens when you have negative food?

And last question: do the 'improve city/terrain' spells cost any upkeep? Seems like a no-brainer to spam them if they don't......

There is a way to remove them from moving unless another unit is nearby. I believe the option is called 'sentinel', and you may have to look under 'more options' when selecting the units options. I haven't tried using they keyboard for it. It's possible it is 'G' and there is another unit not of your faction nearby which would stop you from being to perform that option.

There is no upkeep on terrain spells but city spells like 'increasing food' or 'increasing population' there is. Looking at the details of each spell shows what upkeep they charge.

Got it to work, more or less. A simple 'space bar skip turn' would be lot easier, imho, though.

Not sure I completely understand the question, but, if you don't want to move the unit that turn, press the Shield icon in the bottom left hand corner (appears when the unit is active). If you want him to stay where he is for a length of time, use the Zzz icon (also appears when unit is active). If you just want to end the turn without doing anything else, press the Enter key. That will force end the whole turn.

Another noob question: In my first game on the casual level I have an iron resource in my city limits. However there is no "foundry" building in the list of building despite that the hovertip over the iron resource tells me that a foundry could be built there...?

Edit: Just built my first foundry. Seems that the city has to grow to a certain size before a foundry can be built...

Last edited: