+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Runemaster Announced - From Chaos Rises a Norse Legend

Colonel Paradox Dev Team Regina's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Runemaster Announced - From Chaos Rises a Norse Legend

Yes, I know you know its coming

Runemaster - From Chaos Rises a Norse Legend

With Runemaster, Paradox Development Studio invites you to a fantasy realm etched in the rich history of Norse mythology.
    In this RPG, you are a hero in a time of chaotic upheaval. Explore the six worlds of Norse mythology, amass your forces and vanquish your enemies on the battlefield in the name of your chosen God. Will you choose to enforce change for those that crave it or will you seek to maintain the status quo - for better or worse?

You, alone can determine the fate of the world.
    You, alone are the master of your own saga.

Announced Features:
    - Vast vistas to explore: Wander the six worlds of Norse myth, from the lofty forests of Midgard to the fires of Muspelheim. Each time you start a new campaign, the world is procedurally generated to ensure each adventure is a venture into the exciting and unknown.
    - Rich tactical combat: Recruit and command an expansive range of units with unique abilities. Learn to use your troops – and the terrain of the battlefield – to crush your enemies.
    - Emergent storytelling: Who you are and the choices you make have a direct impact on the journeys you embark on. The game’s procedural quest system will take note of your deeds and challenge you accordingly. No two playthroughs will ever be the same.

Genre: Tactical RPG
    Release date: 2015
    Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux
    Developed by: Paradox Development Studio
    Published by: Paradox Interactive

To see the fantastic world of Runemaster for the first time, view the announcement trailer here:

For more information:
    Web page: www.runemastergame.com
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/runemastergame
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/runemastergame

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Runemaster_pdxcon_Announcement_screenshot_01.png‎
Views:	1313
Size:	4.10 MB
ID:	99855   Click image for larger version

Name:	Runemaster_pdxcon_Announcement_screenshot_02.png‎
Views:	892
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	99856   Click image for larger version

Name:	Runemaster_pdxcon_Announcement_screenshot_03.png‎
Views:	2290
Size:	4.39 MB
ID:	99857   Click image for larger version

Name:	Runemaster_pdxcon_Announcement_screenshot_04.png‎
Views:	801
Size:	3.55 MB
ID:	99858   Click image for larger version

Name:	Runemaster_pdxcon_Announcement_screenshot_05.png‎
Views:	1004
Size:	3.51 MB
ID:	99859  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Runemaster_svartalfheim_conceptart.png‎
Views:	398
Size:	7.93 MB
ID:	99850   Click image for larger version

Name:	Runemaster_midgard_conceptart.png‎
Views:	403
Size:	6.60 MB
ID:	99851   Click image for larger version

Name:	Runemaster_jotunheim_conceptart.png‎
Views:	2515
Size:	7.92 MB
ID:	99852   Click image for larger version

Name:	Runemaster_Packshot.jpg‎
Views:	356
Size:	3.23 MB
ID:	99853  
    Last edited by Regina; 17-09-2014 at 09:06.
    Paradox Development Studio - Strategy is Our Game
    Do you want to show your support for us at PDS - the developers behind EU, CK, Hoi, Vicky & Runemaster?
    Feel free to "Like" us at Facebook: www.facebook.com/ParadoxDevelopmentStudio

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Yay.

Will you be voicing any of the characters, Regina?
    Swords, not words.

procedural quest system
    Still waiting for a studio to do this right! Fingers crossed that Paradox make it good.

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Dragovit View Post
    Yay.

Will you be voicing any of the characters, Regina?
    Haha, I strongly doubt it
    Do you want to show your support for us at PDS - the developers behind EU, CK, Hoi, Vicky & Runemaster?

Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Regina View Post
    Haha, I strongly doubt it
    Aw, c'mon. Surely you can be trusted with this task. Some interesting, unimportant but fun NPC perhaps?
    Swords, not words.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragovit View Post
    Aw, c'mon. Surely you can be trusted with this task. Some interesting, unimportant but fun NPC perhaps?
    Id rather write a few quests actually, Ill go do puppy eyes until the team says yes

Id rather write a few quests actually, Ill go do puppy eyes until the team says yes

When you'll be writing the text, make sure to leave some hints, so we know you wrote 'em

Also, a lil' question: Although it's the Norse mythology we're talking about and 99% of stuff will be Norse, sagas and myths actually do take place in places like Russia and Wendland or Finnland or Bjarmia. So the question: will there be subsets of the human race? Nationalities, if you like? Norse, Finn, Wend f.ex.?
    Swords, not words.

Is this RPG turn-based?

Crusader Kings IIMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

You're an author, shouldn't you be in charge of the main story?
    Things I've made (Hope to add more in the future):

Alternate Spain Formation for EUIV: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...od)&highlight=

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossMarch of the Eagles
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

I like those features a lot. A year to wait...oh, the horror!
    Germany Tutorial, Take Two: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post13243122 or find it in the Major Threads sticky.
    Tutorial AAR in pdf form available on Gamefront, courtesy of Davy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7H...it?usp=sharing
    Honoured by USKnight for the above tutorial here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post14404907
    Current EU IV AAR: La Douce France http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post17163635 Completed!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Am I wrong in imagining something like King of Dragon Pass when you say 'emergent storytelling?
    Ideal Woman of the Moment: Summer Glau
    A Brief History of the Royal O'Deas: My ongoing Ireland megacampaign.
    Currently:
    Murad V, Ottoman Sultan in Legacy of Napoleon. Steamturk ftw!
    Jarl Deawulf the Herdsman of the Fair Downs in Crown of Norsegard
    Chile in A Question of Power
    The Gnarek Regime in Master of the Galaxy
    Old Stuff:

GM of Steampunk Mars 2, a ad hoc combination strategy game and pseudo-rpg on 1880s Mars! Look Lively! ]Juan O'Dea, the most handsome and dashing Captain in the Spanish Navy, in Brethren of the Coast Protip: Leave the governor of San Juan's granddaughter aloneRobb Stark, the King in the North, in Seven Kingdoms, Five KingsJayne Cobb, Hero of the Canton, Captain of the Mudder's Milk and Leader of the Livin' Legends in Star Reach, Mercenary WarsGM of IOT: the Scramble for Mars,The Cascadia Commonality in the original Imperium Offtopicum, House Bearnst, Lords of the Great Plains, in The Kingdom.,France-Outre-Mer in IOT: The Peshawar LancersDeaghaidh, King of Galatia in Dictators, Diadochi and DespotsLord Warden of Dunland in Lord Without RingsThe Mexican Empire in WiR 1815 Alt History.Heart of Africa: A Visitors Guide to Modern Ethiopia My Victoria 2 AAR Queen of the Burning Sky, my Game of Thrones mod CKII AAR. Twice the dragons of any other AAR!
    :Deagrin Wrothiron, Dwarven Underking of Kogansunan in Agorath and the Maegi Prophecy
    The Livin' Legends in Star Reach: The Fringe
    The 19 Hives of Ikklik Chiggik in Master of the Galaxy 2
    Glimmer, the mentally disturbed Padawan with a stripper name in Star Wars: the Forgotten Ones

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Great concept, looking forward to some DD's! It did remind me of KoDP, and also skyrim.. any word on which it will be closer to?

I am thrilled and totally behind this.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Announced Features:
    - Vast vistas to explore: Wander the six worlds of Norse myth, from the lofty forests of Midgard to the fires of Muspelheim. Each time you start a new campaign, the world is procedurally generated to ensure each adventure is a venture into the exciting and unknown.
    - Rich tactical combat: Recruit and command an expansive range of units with unique abilities. Learn to use your troops – and the terrain of the battlefield – to crush your enemies.
    - Emergent storytelling: Who you are and the choices you make have a direct impact on the journeys you embark on. The game’s procedural quest system will take note of your deeds and challenge you accordingly. No two playthroughs will ever be the same.[/URL]
    That actually sounds a lot better than I thought it would be, especially the first point.
    Celtic Enhancements - Quite self explanatory, more provinces and a slightly more historic title-nature for Ireland and Wales thus far. [CK2]

Doesn't look too thrilling to me, but I'm going to buy it anyways and give it a shot. I like the innovation and it's great to see Paradox try out some new stuff.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Click image for larger version

Name:	8.png
Views:	9
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	100396

Why Paradox, why? I still have an insatiable urge to play EUIV, I have all CKII DLC's since Legacy of Rome yet unplayed, I've hardly even dipped my toe in Victoria II. I have a full time job. I try to maintain a social life. WHEN AM I SUPPOSED TO PLAY ALL THESE GREAT GAMES AS MUCH AS THEY DESERVE?

edit: And unless it isn't clear, this post means that I'm kinda excited about this game
    Last edited by rustic; 02-02-2014 at 16:15.
    "Never underestimate a ruler who can afford to hire all mercenary companies at once."

- Norse medieval proverb

"While you can play as civilizations such as the Aztec Empire, the game is clearly designed to focus on the European powers (which is probably why they didnt call it Every Country is Equally Viable Universalis)."

- PC Gamer review

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Penumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by rustic View Post
    Attachment 100396

Why Paradox, why? I still have an insatiable urge to play EUIV, I have all CKII DLC's since Legacy of Rome yet unplayed, I've hardly even dipped my toe in Victoria II. I have a full time job. I try to maintain a social life. WHEN AM I SUPPOSED TO PLAY ALL THESE GREAT GAMES AS MUCH AS THEY DESERVE?
    When you get fired from your job and your friends finally give up when you will not leave the computer anymore. :P

Producer Paradox Dev Team Kallocain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deaghaidh View Post
    Am I wrong in imagining something like King of Dragon Pass when you say 'emergent storytelling?
    I'm not sure, I haven't played that actually. What we do mean is something similar to CK2. There you have events that appear based on how you play, here there are going to be quests instead. If you constantly make the greedy choices as quest outcome, more of those types of options will open up to you.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Blog Entries
    - Emergent storytelling: Who you are and the choices you make have a direct impact on the journeys you embark on. The game’s procedural quest system will take note of your deeds and challenge you accordingly. No two playthroughs will ever be the same.

Genre: RPG
    CK2 Succession Survival Guide
    CK2 Book of Tips (46 and counting)
    CK2 suggestions of fixes and improvements (63 and counting)

CK2 AARs:
    Dominus Regni Poloniae (8 Feb 1296 Duchy of Greater Poland, finished)
    Lives of the Saints (Various times and places, single-character games)
    Land's End (A tale from Tintagel)
    CEO, EMEA (Guess what)

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieOne View Post
    For 30 minutes without battles we have 5 minutes battles. So no... Just because there are tactical battles don't make it less RPG.

+ Reply to Thread