Hearts of Iron IV Announced - Victory at all costs

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I also belongs to that croup who thinks that HOI2 was more enjoyable than HOI3. I own both games and player HOI2 many times, when HOI3 was more like a work... So less provinces please!
I understand those peoples who like HOI3 more, but Cary Grisbys one zillion units games where one round takes several days in realtime are not for me because I have also life, so there is not unlimited time to learn all thing and game should be playable in relative "short" time. HOI2 was that. Even though it has it own weaknesses.

Provinces are good and sandbox is good.
* The interface for HOI II, HOI III (I haven't seen HOI I) allows regional air missions.
* The AI in HOI III eliminates the need for (while allowing for the option of) managing ground forces per province.
* Paradox games are popular for their flexibility and freedom of action.
* If anyone who wants an entirely historical experience, they can read a book on WWII.

I also belongs to that croup who thinks that HOI2 was more enjoyable than HOI3. I own both games and player HOI2 many times, when HOI3 was more like a work... So less provinces please!
I understand those peoples who like HOI3 more, but Cary Grisbys one zillion units games where one round takes several days in realtime are not for me because I have also life, so there is not unlimited time to learn all thing and game should be playable in relative "short" time. HOI2 was that. Even though it has it own weaknesses.
I love the number of provinces in HOI3 it's just amazing! In HOI2 there were super-stacks and little possibility to manoeuvre.
The current HOI3 is by far much better than HOI2

The best solution, if possible, would be to choose how many provinces you want to play with. For those, like me, who want details, HoI 3 was very good. For those who dont like that, an option to select less provinces(like only play with the regions, where 3-4 provinces make one) would be great

as it comes in Q1 2015 paradox please make it sure we can preorder it on steam before christmas so i will have money for it still before my GF waste all my money. many thanks.

Hi

i finally found my way to this forum^^

I love playing HoI3 so i hope 4 will be as good as HoI3 :)

But a few things have to change from the third game(apart from grafics and stuff like that):

- The Armystructure ... if i start a HoI3 game i always need between 30 and 60 min to structure my army completly...which is noch very nice...
I play strategie-games only to the point where its clear, that i win the game and no one can do anything against it (in HoI3 it were most of the time 5 hours) and if i need a hour to structure the army ... well its not very enjoyable^^ .

- The smaller countrys should have a chance.
As example the swiss...in real it was a very moddern country and a rly strong one (when defending on their land[in the hills^^]) so no one ever thought about invading them... in HoI3 they loose every war, because the hills dont count enough...(come on its the alps...best area for querillia tactics and stuff like that...not even the germans could stand a chance there^^) and the technology they have is always bad^^

- The "truth(hope thats the right word...i mean the forced peace)" at the beginning of the game (from 36 to 39) in HoI3 rly sucks...if i want to invade a country and i cant because "im not aggresive enough" ...well...i dont care wether im aggrasive or not, i want WAR! ^^

- More events ... and best of it historical events... like the historical in eu4 or Vic2 ...but even more^^
- Better economic ... not so much like in Vic2 but a bit more... (but i have no idea what or how exactly^^)
- better battle-system...more like the eu4 one BUT!!!!! pls remove the "luck" factor... in eu4 my 100.000 man army gets beaten by 20.000 because i throw only 0 and the AI 9......^^ (VERY anoying)
- pls give the player chances to do sth against rebels, before they attack...in HoI3 there are almost every month rebels in poland if i play as germany^^
some things like in eu4 or "core" their provinces, so they like it beeing part of the new nation...
- Some special events... i thought about thinks like Stauffenbergs assassination try on Hitler or sth. like that...and the player can choose between "hold the meeting in the bunker or in the house" ^^ or anything like that... dont know how exactly...but in ck2 there were such events... (and i always die if they come up^^) ... and maybe more of them ... im sure many people tried to assassinate Stalin too ...or other leaders^^ (put pls dont spam the game with it ...)

hmm i think that was all...if i have some more points, i will spam you again:)
and i rly look forward to it...will preorder it as soon as its able to preorder so pls make it a very great game :)

sry if my english is not that good...but im still studying it...you should get what i mean^^

With friedly greetings

Löwe :)

hello, first ask pardon for my bad English. I am HOI player since its inception. There is one thing in multiplayer games is very necessary. Less speed. For example one half of the speed 1.

The problems with single player HOI III:
lack of control of allied nations - its frustrating to invade Russia while the armies of Romania, Hungary, et al don't participate. In HOI II you could assume command of allied nations.

HOI III forced the player to follow the historical events as opposed to allowing the player to take different paths; there should be many more political events for the player to create a new history instead of only replaying what actually happened.

Allow any nation to head a faction and make the same diplomatic moves as Great Britain, Germany, and Soviet Union (i.e. play as Nationalist China and try to secure an alliance with Great Britain, USA, Soviet Union, whomever instead of not being able to form alliances with anyone). Perhaps allow a British-Soviet alliance.

The tech system is fine in HOI III, an improvement over HOI II. More options provides better game play.

It would be nice to know the ramifications of picking ministers, how does picking an ideological crusader differ from picking a great compromiser?