Hearts of Iron IV Announced - Victory at all costs

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The artwork is indeed very good. Very detailed.

Is the map going to be made more pretty to look at? The map has always been the HoI games weakest point, EuIV and CK2´s map´s looks amazing
and is candy for the eyes so hope HoI4 will look as polished too. ^.^
So sayeth the great map fetishist. ^^

The map has always been the HoI games weakest point, EuIV and CK2´s map´s looks amazing

Not everyone agrees with you, you know. The EUIV map in particular has received its fair share of criticism. Personally I hope they keep the map a little "gritty" as colours and fonts go.

Tweets have been going out that the map is the best Paradox-map to dat, so it's probably good. :)

Not everyone agrees with you, you know. The EUIV map in particular has received its fair share of criticism. Personally I hope they keep the map a little "gritty" as colours and fonts go.

Tweets have been going out that the map is the best Paradox-map to dat, so it's probably good. :)

Did not say that everyone agreed with me. :) Just always thought its so colour-less and boring compared to their other titles, would be well cool with a EU IV style map,
that as the war progresses gets bomb craters and burned/destroyed earth in highly fought over provinces. :)

what i would like to see is the research system from hoi2 and the army hq system from hoi3 in hoi4. i hated the research system in hoi3 but loved the div corps army and army group system in hoi3 with the hq system. hoi2 wasnt very good with it div system. no corps or armies. hoi3 had to many probs with it and i didnt enjoy playing it. i bought the expansions to see if it impproved but was still unhappy. so after the 3rd expansion i didnt bother any more and stuck with hoi2 arma with the iron cross add on. it would be great if the setup screen from iron cross was in hoi4 so we can choose which bits we want in and which bits we dont. like ai cant research nukes. nukes killed the game cause the usa had a never ending supply and nuked every prov with troops in. as soon as u deployed a new unit u were training it got nuked. nukes were 1 sided anyway. if u got nuked everything in the prov was killed. but if u nuked the enemy it only knocked org down to 50% but didnt kill any troops. the diplomacy and intel screens in hoi3 were terrible to use and complicated so i always had them on auto. hoi2 was better on that. in fact the only bit of hoi3 that was better was the hq system and the army creation. i have got dh and the other version of hoi2. but hated them. so always went back to arma/iron cross. so i would prefer hoi4 to be more like that. but thats my personal opinion. it would also be good if the expansion when they come out were more like doomsday and arma was for hoi2 by adding new research and making the game longer. the hoi3 expansions were more like patches than expansions.

Excellent news, great work Paradox :D. No need to rush it, I like all your games, which given they've got gameplay to burn means I'm still to get around to CK2, March of the Eagles and Sengoku, but very very much looking forward to this, HoI 3 is my third most-played game of all time :D.

I'm glad its coming out in 2015 gives me time to finish ARR.

One thing that has bugged me that I hope HIO4 corrects is supply. I would like to see something where I could prioritize a front or operation for that. There are points in time in WWII were forces stockpiled arms and supply prior to a big operation. soviet push in 1943 had stockpile huge amount of supplies before it began. Normandy England was a floating ammo dump. maybe you could have a unit like a supply depot attached to a HQ that held extra supplies for its sub units. One of my biggest issues is knowing supply crunch is coming but not having anyway to plan for it. I like the way i don't have to micro manage supply, but I would like to see something more in depth. wheres my p47's straffing trains. wheres my rail lines. where my red ball express!!!! Wheres the option to give priority to Monty's operation market garden, or Patton.

Why are all supplies created in 1 point, besides Berlin didn't they make supplies elsewhere.

If i am the supreme leader i need to have tools to manage that.
Love your games Look forward to HIO4

Last edited:
Part 4 of WW2 is seriously underwhelming. :(

You guys should release a Cold War grand strategy game instead. Be bold. Not flogging the same old horse for the fourth time. There's only so many slants you can make on a 6 year war and improvements on graphics is not one.

I'm hoping thats one expansion, followed by another giving a modern day scenario (or atleast post cold war).

They'd have to massively revamp the diplomatic and political side of things in order to make such an expansion workable.