Hearts of Iron IV Announced - Victory at all costs

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Lag is not enjoyable for most of us.

Not being facetious in the least when I ask this, but is lag still seemingly a major problem for a noteworthy number of people playing (with computers within the stated system requirements) up to date and patched HoI3? Hell, I play it on my older laptop and it's fine, so I am a bit surprised if a notable portion of the playerbase is seemingly having issues with 'game-breaking' levels of lag now that the game has been optimized to an appropriate level.

I am hoping HoI4 will have a release more on par with CKII and VickyII so we can avoid a lot of those issues.

I am hoping HoI4 will have a release more on par with CKII and VickyII so we can avoid a lot of those issues.

The saddest thing about your post is that a release on par with Vicky II would be a massive improvement on its predecessor. :)

It's most likely my lack of devotion to VickyII, but I thought the release was okay (certainly after having experienced HoI3's release). I do, however, recall some issues with POPs (I want to say capitalists).

Minus the insane rebels and half-broken economy, yeah, Vicky II's release was fine. The key word there was that it would still be a massive improvement. ;)

Scrap the 10,000 provinces and replace sandbox diplomacy if you want this game to be enjoyable.

Or you could go play HoI 2.

Which in its purest form (Darkest Hour) is still immensely more enjoyable than HoI3.

Indeed love the wallpapers. Nothing says sandbox like Rommel on a Tiger tank! :)

Yay! Will propaganda and rationing finally be represented beyond laws?

Edit: wrong thread

Nice artwork, but who are those idiots standing between Monty and Zhukov? :p

And here I was thinking the other day, after I finished a session with EUIV, if you would make HOI 4.

I just hope you will make a last expansion/patch to hoi 3 before you leave it, there is still stuff that could be fixed/tweaked.