Hearts of Iron IV Announced - Victory at all costs

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Regina

Lt. General
5 Badges
Jan 29, 2008
www.paradoxdevelopmentstudio.com
  • Majesty 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
A if you didn´t already know ;)

cheers,
regina

Hearts of Iron IV Announced - Victory at all costs
You are now in command of World War II! Your ability to lead your nation is your supreme weapon, the strategy game Hearts of Iron IV by Paradox Development Studio lets you take command of any nation in World War II; the most engaging conflict in world history.

From the heart of the battlefield to the command center, you will guide your nation to glory and wage war, negotiate or invade. You hold the power to tip the very balance of WWII. It is time to show your ability as the greatest military leader in the world. Will you relive or change history? Will you change the fate of the world?

Announced Features
  • Total strategic war – The war is not only won on land, on the seas and in the air, but also in the laboratories, the factories, the backrooms, in international trade and in the hearts and minds of men and women.
  • The most authentic real-time simulation of the war – Let the greatest commanders of WW2 fight your war with the tools of the time; tanks, planes, ships, guns and newly discovered weapons of mass destruction.
  • Fight as any nation in the greatest human conflict of all time – Chose from the greatest powers striving for victory, or the small nations trying to weather the storm.
Genre: Grand Strategy/Wargame
Release date: Late Q2 2015
Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux
Developed by: Paradox Development Studio
Published by: Paradox Interactive

To learn more about Hearts of Iron IV:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Heartsofiron
Web page: http://signup.heartsofiron4.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hoi_game

Hearts_of_Iron_IV_packshot.jpg

Prepare for the biggest global conflict in history by watching the announcement trailer:
[video=youtube;Q1bvX2-XrAQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1bvX2-XrAQ&hd=1[/video]

HeartsofIronIV_d-day_landing.pngHeartsofIronIV_rommel_desert_fox.pngHeartsofIronIV_v2_reserachv.png

Last edited:
Wow.. I came here thinking "how did I miss this announcement during the past couple of months?" only to find out it wasn't announced until today.. I'm excited! Couldn't really get into HoI3 (was waaaay too advanced for me during my teenage years), but I'm really interested in trying to find out how this will work!

Oh, and the guy who does your art deserves a lot of credit: those three pictures are fantastic! What's his name and does he have a site somewhere where we can see more of his work?

If only they would add an option to minimize its historical steering. Right now, as Germany you play in 1936, begin the reoccupation, Anschluss and get Sudetenland without any opposition, then Danzig or War - War always happens. Most of my playthroughs as USSR has resulted in me controlling all of Europe and as Germany has always resulted in a failure.

Please, allow us to decide whether we want a historically steered game or not, kinda like a different game mode.

If only they would add an option to minimize its historical steering. Right now, as Germany you play in 1936, begin the reoccupation, Anschluss and get Sudetenland without any opposition, then Danzig or War - War always happens. Most of my playthroughs as USSR has resulted in me controlling all of Europe and as Germany has always resulted in a failure.

Please, allow us to decide whether we want a historically steered game or not, kinda like a different game mode.

Sounds interesting, I'm a more or less historical player (at least till 1941), but having an options would be interesting

i hope this game has all types weapons,equipment,vehicles,aircraft and ships that were in the epoch.
that the units,divisions,brigades,regiments and battalions have the historical and realistic composition in number of soldiers and equipment.
this aspect is essential to a good depth,realism,historicity and immersion in the game.

Scrap the 10,000 provinces and replace sandbox diplomacy if you want this game to be enjoyable.

Scrap the 10,000 provinces and replace sandbox diplomacy if you want this game to be enjoyable.

That would be a good start, yes.