• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Asking for both is a bit of a fantasy.

Are you serious, bro?

That's the exact kind of argument I remembered back in the old "NOOOOOOO, making playable Pagans is a waste of time. Give us a college of cardinals NOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!" which was incredibly, incredibly prevalent back then.

Until Paradox says "CKIII is on the horizon and this is basically it for CKII", to complain that one existing will prevent the other from existing is a creation of self-entitled silly goosery.

And last I checked, Phase Two was meant to be at least four DLCs, with Rajas of India now being number two. What do you think those other two will be, especially given that they've expressed before a desire to focus more on the roleplaying aspect of the game? I somehow doubt it'll be Zulus and Pueblo.

Being a smartass aside...

Kind of a silly question. The answer is both, and so long as CKII is highly profitable then we'll continue to get both as PDox desires. From what I understand, SoA sold pretty well.

There's no reason to think that now we've made one of the very, very, very few plausible map expansions that the next DLC won't be something that focuses on improving old features (as much as I'd like to see Africa get fleshed out further!).

Everyone should chill out and remember that this is an expansion that, originally, was never planned to exist and it's only by the good graces of CKII's resounding success that it will. If you don't like it, cool, that's your opinion. Not everyone has to be a fan of playing in every single corner of the world (I, for one, absolutely can't bring myself to play in France, easily one of the most popular regions to play in the game).

I don't think i've ever played in France or Germany either :D

The problem about Pd's DLC policy is, that it doesn't improve basic game mechanics anymore in a way as expansions to former spin-offs of EU/CK/Vic did. Of course, a map enhancement with 300 new provinces can be considered as content, but that doesn't matter for playing a HRE duchy.

There could be still so much fleshed out in regard to diplomacy, economy, research, events, crusades and fluff. Please Pd, bring Crusader Kings back to what it was supposed to be: a European feudalism simulator. :mad:

Have you seen all the patch features of the past expansions? Factions, revamped technology, etc. Every DLC had its share of core improvements.

I mean if I look at V2 on vanilla compared to V2 HOD, then CK2 1.06 (?) compared to 2.04 I really have a hard time seeing what makes V2's expansion better regarding base mechanics compared to CK2's.

I don't think i've ever played in France or Germany either :D

Aye. I've had a total of two games in the HRE and France combined: once as a Pomeranian back in the pre-ToG days and you needed to be Pagan to form Pomerania (so I converted to paganism via education, swore fealty to the HRE to avoid holy wars, and formed Pomerania with the goal of break free as soon as I was Catholic again).

The other was as the Dutch Count of Zeeland, so not even really France.

And I guess I fiddled around for about a generation in Occitan HRE, in all fairness.

A shame too, I thoroughly enjoy German culture (heck, German is my second language). At the same time, being part of the monolithic grey blob of doom never really inspired me. And probably why, in all truth, I really do hope we get something that focuses on internal mechanics, the HRE, cultural minorities (as opposed to the current system of "French, German, and Greek destroy everything around them in a couple centuries"), ect. I'm still tickled to see India make it in, but after this I hope Paradox takes the step towards more inward focused gameplay.

I strongly believe that dlcs should add new and unique features. Though improving new features is great, I personally believe that improvements should be done in patches, not dlcs, like what they did with the tech system. Dlc expansions have been mostly about religion playability, and I support that approach. People like me, who love the addition of playable new religions and castes will buy all the dlc expansions, while those that only like select few expansions or just play the base game can simply not buy the dlc. Same goes for Indian Rajas, if you have no intent to play as them, then you can skip the RoI dlc. The addition of India will also open more expansion opportunities to those(especially me) who play in the east. It had been said this dlc is going to be very significant, and it sure will be, the addition of three whole new religions, 300 provinces, and history is arguably more ambitious than TOG. I am very anxious to see how Indians' mechanics and flavour will be.

We really need a more involved vassal-liege relationship. Right now vassals don't have all that much to do if they don't want to scheme against their liege. I suppose they could scheme to get another vassal's stuff, but that always involves a war between the two vassals without the liege intervening. There's just no gameplay there for someone who wants to be a good vassal.

Some more options for diplomacy would be nice too. Right now it's all very limited. Perhaps if I didn't have a marriage alliance with a big blob, if they liked me enough I could still ask them to mediate in a war I'm in? They look at how much they like the two participants, there are rounds of negotiations taking into account war score, and then the sides either agree to their mediation or they get a CB to enforce their demands. I'm sure Paradox could come up with more options things to make diplomacy interesting if they decided they wanted to improve on it.