• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, it's been fun but i guess CK 2 is dead now. What next, expansion about mars colonization? Guess the only solution is to move CK 2 out of the Steam folder to preserve it as it is now before they ruin it for good.

Why should CK2 be dead? And since when is India as bad as Mars colonization...? Some people have problems...

Why should CK2 be dead? And since when is India as bad as Mars colonization...? Some people have problems...

Indeed people seem to be getting angry when they know barely anything about this DLC.

I think the time is coming where we'll have to divide the discussion into two separate threads, the first being "Rajas of India speculation/ideas" and the other being "Rajas of India disappointment/complaints".

Will the southeastern seas finally become navigable now? The SE corner is already painful to trudge in by foot, 10 millions square kilometers more won't make it any more cheerful. I want a Red Sea-Nile channel, and I don't give a damn if it was abandoned by X century IRL.

Why would Paradox knowingly release buggy, unoptimized, or imbalanced content? What would they have to gain from it?

Some of you people are either being really paranoid, or really dumb.

Because releasing knowingly buggy, unoptimized, and imbalanced content is an essential part of the Paradox experience? What they have to gain is money since many people will buy it anyway and they can fix their problems in a $15 expansion.

I wish they would focus on the fundamental aspects of the game, like diplomacy. It is silly that we have to play nice rulers. One guy suggested that there should be a 'Fear' mechanic so that you can get by on being a mean SOB.

Well, if it's an essential part of the experience, why bother wasting time complaining about it, even before it's happened?

Well, if it's an essential part of the experience, why bother wasting time complaining about it, even before it's happened?
Complaining about a bad DLC idea is an essential part of a DLC announcement.;)

Because releasing knowingly buggy, unoptimized, and imbalanced content is an essential part of the Paradox experience? What they have to gain is money since many people will buy it anyway and they can fix their problems in a $15 expansion.

That was the old Paradoxian way. ;)

Well, it's been fun but i guess CK 2 is dead now. What next, expansion about mars colonization? Guess the only solution is to move CK 2 out of the Steam folder to preserve it as it is now before they ruin it for good.

either troll or people are getting waaaay too dramatic in this forums :D

Last edited:
Will the southeastern seas finally become navigable now? The SE corner is already painful to trudge in by foot, 10 millions square kilometers more won't make it any more cheerful. I want a Red Sea-Nile channel, and I don't give a damn if it was abandoned by X century IRL.

That's an interesting idea for a decision in-game. You could invest a huge amount of gold to develop a (slow-moving) canal/channel/portage of sorts, similar to what actually existed.

Not certain if troll or really that melodramatic.
Complaining about a bad DLC idea is an essential part of a DLC announcement.;)
Complaining about ANY DLC is an essential part of the announcement. First, you have the complaints that it's happening instead of pet DLCs X, Y, and Z, then you have the complaints that the new DLC is stupid and the game was fine already, then you have complaints that DLC is automatically bad, then you have complaints that it'll all just be a buggy mess so why even bother.

Name a DLC and someone will find something skubtastic about it.

The problem is... If you play another character than the head of dynasty... Would you like to get marriages etc. dictated from the AI?

Yes, so long as I also have the option to refuse, for a major opinion hit, or elope instead, for even more of an opinion hit. And if the change comes along with more manual control over who you can woo as a lover (as well as more control over friends and rivals) instead of it being entirely by random event, I wouldn't mind at all.

That's an interesting idea for a decision in-game. You could invest a huge amount of gold to develop a (slow-moving) canal/channel/portage of sorts, similar to what actually existed.

The engine would not permit to change the map with a decision. Even adding a "portage" (as between major rivers in Rus) without touching geometry is probably unlikely.

I could live without the channel per se, but the way the engine works, all seas must be interconnected to be navigable. So, unless there is a channel or the entire circumventable Africa (how's that for a DLC?), the whole Indian ocean would be just a decoration, and that's bloody awful for gameplay.

Just saw this Twitter dialogue (edited):

.... @CrusaderKings

I can't wait for Rajas of India, I'm getting so darn antsy waiting for more information!

image_normal.jpg
CrusaderKings

You'll get it on Thursday! :)

08:07 - 24. Jan. 2014

Sooo many days left.... ouch.

Last thing we heard was the game was going to add RPG elements and then this comes out of the blue.Is the marketing department now calling the shots for gimmick PC and RPS articles rather than what is best for the game.