• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Charlieclark

Sergeant
7 Badges
Mar 28, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
I was thinking. Maybe Paradox could add this into the next patch.

If you fight a mercenary company and you manage to capture the captain then you get a % each month for the mercenary company to attempt a break out for their captain. It could be a chain of events, they could muster a big force depending on your levy size. I haven't thought on it too much but striking up a conversation may enlighten us to some awesome ideas.

Maybe by capturing the mercenary captain it gives you the option to hire his company for free?

I would like to see it implemented that Mercenary companies with a Captured leader cannot be hired by anyone.
I don't think having them try to invade you to liberate their Captain would work though, as it's been pointed out in other threads that if you declare war on someone with one of your courtiers prisoner, they can just kill them completely tyranny free with no piety loss.
However I would like to see a faction within the titular duchy of the merc company to put someone else on the throne. It might only work for holy orders who actually have a decent chance of owning a barony. And it'd be interesting to have a Retired Captain or something like that.