• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The Yeti Slayer

Sergeant
40 Badges
Jun 12, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
I'm pretty sure that I'm meeting all the requirements to mend the great schism, but the option is not ready in the intrigue menu.
7FB288E868D76AA935E5951BB70F63CCF35FEA8F
Here you can see that I control the required cities, and I have the 2000 piety.

I thought maybe somehow I didn't have control over the cities, but I just got the steam achievement for controlling all 5 cities. So what am I missing? help please.

It would be helpful if Paradox would make the requirements tooltip actually fit on the screen.

Is every single one of those people Orthodox, and your vassal? Or your vassal's vassal?

I think you need to be at peace, and you are at war... wait until the war is over and see if you can do it.

EDIT: What does it say when you mouse-over the 92.4%? This will also provide some info that might be useful.

Well, we'll never know because I died, and my heir is an idiot. Succession wars broke out, and I ended up only being the count of Thessoniki or whatever. It was an ironman game so I'm screwed. I guess I'll try again from scratch. :/

You could always try to get it all back. I'm sure you have claims, and it's over 500 years before the game's end.

You could always try to get it all back. I'm sure you have claims, and it's over 500 years before the game's end.

This might be true, but I would think that the motivation is not there... I know how it feels (kinda) because I had a game become corupt and I lost circa. 9 Kingdom titles and I had played 300 years... I could continue and try to retake what I lost, but in the end, I lost the movition to do it and I restarted (bear in mind, this was a major bug with Ironman clouds saves that was fixed in the last "mini"-patch). WHen I restarted, it was a completly different game and was very much enjoyable...

I would understand quitting in some games. Like trying to restore a pagan religion, but then getting holy warred into almost nothing. You can convert to a normal faith, and try to retake the land, and become pagan again, but that's always a huge longshot.
I just feel like, as an orthodox ruler in the Byzantine Empire, it's not always that hard to push factions until you get elective, and then just push a faction for yourself next time there's a succession, or try to get enough elector titles that you can vote yourself in. Nothing stops you from forming a KIngdom as a vassal of the Byzantine Emperor.

I did try to get it back, but I lost. What happened was I died, and my son took over. Then the empire revolted in favor of my 60 year old sister, and I lost that war really quick because like 95% of my vassals joined the war against me. I quickly started a new faction to put me back on the throne. But someone else declared war to try and put my brother on the throne. So I decided I'd go ahead and declare war for my cause even though I only had the Duke of Anatolia on my side because I thought I could sneak in while my sister was distracted with my brother. Not so, she choose to focus on me, an I got stomped on. Imprisoned, claim gone, game done.

I'm pretty sure that I'm meeting all the requirements to mend the great schism, but the option is not ready in the intrigue menu.
7FB288E868D76AA935E5951BB70F63CCF35FEA8F
Here you can see that I control the required cities, and I have the 2000 piety.

I thought maybe somehow I didn't have control over the cities, but I just got the steam achievement for controlling all 5 cities. So what am I missing? help please.

It would be helpful if Paradox would make the requirements tooltip actually fit on the screen.
Why is your screenshot so low res, it's impossible to make out most things and the things that are visible, are unhelpfully small.

Did you have all the events concerning the restoration of the patriarchs? For me, I only got the churches in Rome, not the rest of the holdings, and for mending you must hold the entire county.

Did you have all the events concerning the restoration of the patriarchs? For me, I only got the churches in Rome, not the rest of the holdings, and for mending you must hold the entire county.
Actually now that you bring it up I didn't have Rome under complete control. I had the bishopric of Rome, but I remember Amalfi had some city, and another church somehow ended up independent. So I guess if I had completely taken over Rome, that would've solved it.
Ah well.

Well, we'll never know because I died, and my heir is an idiot. Succession wars broke out, and I ended up only being the count of Thessoniki or whatever. It was an ironman game so I'm screwed. I guess I'll try again from scratch. :/

It was because you were at war. Mending the Schism can only be done while at Peace.

Edit: Or, you know, that whole 'complete county thing'