• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
44. The invasion, part 19
(16th - 31st January 1943)

d1l5w0c.jpg

On 17th January Santa Fe was finally secured by Imperial Japanese Army and valuable airfield directly on the front was obtained which led to immediate rebase of Japanese aircraft in order to get closer to units that went to far to found themselves out of Japanese air cover (there were few ground attacks executed by USAAF on Pecos which was out of range of Japanese aircraft).

jsuxQ17.jpg

After IJA was defeated by three Canadian divisions in Baltimore attack on Billings showed Canadians that they are not as successful on all places where they fight as in Baltimore. During short skirmish where two Japanese cavalry divisions and one Canadian cavalry division was engaged only 23 men fell on the Japanese side while Canadian army suffered 723 casualties.

b0OYqeM.jpg

Even during severe winter in the north IJA is still pressing the attack - US militias stationed in Shelby and Chinook were simultaneously attacked. Decisive superiority of IJA was evident during both attacks and it was no surprise that both battles were won by Imperial Japanese Army.

WXWVCMe.jpg

Lone Canadian infantry division found itself almost surrounded in Carlsbad and it was almost immediately forced to retreat - unlike the defenders of Clayton, province bordering with Santa Fe. Defenders in Clayton were determinated to hold Clayton at all costs which forced the battle there to be bloody - over 2,000 Japanese soldiers died there and US Army lost two times more men.

bei5y2N.jpg

I was minding my own business, Kicking Americans asses but then suddenly:
Germany decided to launch operation Sealion at most unexpected time - during winter. German armies managed to land in Brighton and Italian expeditionary army took over control of Aldershot. London is close and if invasions forces manage to grab port either in Dover or in Portsmouth there's no doubt that London will fall.

ra4HM1y.jpg

Blanca Peak, on of the last mountainous provinces before Great Plains can be entered was attacked. Almost even forces fought there (our forces held qualitative superiority, however US army had plenty of time to dig in there) which meant another bloody battle but it was reasonable price to pay given the fact that next battles will be fought in Great Plains where US army won't be to use terrain as a weapon.

TegRLIg.jpg

Libby in the north, neighboring Sandpoint - place which was under continuous ground attacks last few weeks, was attack in order to surround Sandpoint as much as possible before mounting any real attack there. Even in almost -10°C Japanese Army is doing great job and Canadians are about to be expelled from there (the battle was still raging when I've ended my game session).

LQdMQ7L.jpg

German invasion forces managed to seize control of Portsmouth, level 10 port, and it also looks like British forces are already fleeing from Dover. Conquest of these two ports means that German and Italian forces will be able to ship reinforcements into British Isles without any trouble as Royal Navy is resting at the bottom of the seas.

Casualties:
JAP (this update)JAP (total)USA (this update)USA (total)Allies (this update)Allies (total)
Bombing601995766911203966691125372
Combat73141317611679131629217849363810
Total79151417182348243668824540489182
Causality ratio has risen from 3.41 to 3.45 and after destruction of the Allied sub packs no convoys were lost during this update.

Detailed information about every event can be found in this Google docs spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q_g63z2AukTXzsBXtEoxhE7lhIOtfjT7zyzA8WNl3dA/edit?usp=sharing

________________________________________________________________________________

I will be on vacation next week and most likely without any stable Internet connection (only crappy mobile data) so please don't weep if I don't answer immediately. If HPP 3.3.4 will be available when I return from vacation it's most likely that I will start another AAR ;)

Germany must conquer London! You must attack Ireland and Scotland as well, to help them. :D

This AAR is almost won...

The Italian fleet dominates the English Channel. One of many millions of "Only in an AAR" moments.

I am back from vacation, rejoice my minions!

I will probably play today or tomorrow and update day after.

Germany must conquer London! You must attack Ireland and Scotland as well, to help them. :D

And one would think that I've helped Germany already way too much :D Attack on Ireland won't be necessary as after fall of Britain there's an option in the event chain to give Northern Ireland to Ireland in exchange to their allegiance.

This AAR is almost won...

Not yet, not yet, there's a lot things that can screw my or other Axis countries progress - but we're talking about stopping progress not about defeating Italy or Germany.

The Italian fleet dominates the English Channel. One of many millions of "Only in an AAR" moments.

Italy did exceptionally well this game, mainly due to IJN destroying majority of Royal Navy before Italians even joined the war.

well your progress is slow ubt unstoppable and the germans managed a great landing, all is going nicely!

My progress - yes it is. In worst case the offensive will halt and being pushed back do not come into consideration. I am however more curious about Germany's progress.

Awesome, a joined German-Italian AI led Seelöwe, while Japan stomps the USA. That should put the nail to the coffin.

will you finish this ARR at least? I know Victory is close at hand as it is (that AI seelowe!) but every writer must end with a conclusion :)

will you finish this ARR at least? I know Victory is close at hand as it is (that AI seelowe!) but every writer must end with a conclusion :)

I definitely will, my apologies for my outage. I was busy restoring my computer after crash (savegames are OK) and working on my diploma thesis so I had no chance to play HoI3 at all. Update will be coming during the weekned!
I should have written something about that but last 2 months were hectic for me, please accept my apologies.

I definitely will, my apologies for my outage. I was busy restoring my computer after crash (savegames are OK) and working on my diploma thesis so I had no chance to play HoI3 at all. Update will be coming during the weekned!
I should have written something about that but last 2 months were hectic for me, please accept my apologies.

Don't worry, thesis and stuff goes first of course. Did you pass it already or not yet?

45. The invasion, part 20
(1st - 14th February 1943)

h3fGlyi.jpg

Yellowstone and it's national park found itself under Japanese attack. As national park was guarded only by a lone militia division which couln't withstand Imperial Japanese Army pressure Japanese had yet another place for recreation in the US.

wos86Us.jpg

In the whole front only few places remain where Rocky mountains weren't passed. One of them was Craig where over 52,000 attacking Japanese fought 40,000 dug in which resulted into one of the larger battles during whole invasion in the US. Although their preparations and mountainous terrain favoured allied defenders the battle was won by the IJA with less then 1,000 casualties while Allies suffered two times bigger casualties.

nDNUFzI.jpg

10 'Kurogane' Hoheishidan is pressing the attack on Casper and passing of the Rocky mountains gets closer and closer with every moment. There are some places where Allied ressistance has been dissipated and no divisions are guarding them.

8K2yS0n.jpg

Mexican Gulf is getting closer and closer while resistace is becoming lighter. Almost one third of the north America is already controlled by the Imperial Japnese forces.

PiVS0rL.jpg

Operation Sealion looks promissive. German and Italian forces managed to capture vital ports and now some of the most vital and biggest ports are uder their control so getting reinforcements and supplies should no logner be a problem. Unless UK aren't hiding whole tank army in the Highlands I'd say that joined Italian and German forces should be able to win the battle for Britain.

Casualties:
JAP (this update)JAP (total)USA (this update)USA (total)Allies (this update)Allies (total)
Bombing2271018455611259575561130933
Combat1923133684841131629210779363810
Total21501438681397245066016340505522
Causality ratio has once again risen from 3.45 to 3.51 and Allied lost over half milion soldier during the invasion.

Detailed information about every event can be found in this Google docs spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q_g63z2AukTXzsBXtEoxhE7lhIOtfjT7zyzA8WNl3dA/edit?usp=sharing

________________________________________________________________________________

Please accept my most sincere appologies as for 2 months I was busy with my master theses and after that CPU fan on my notebook stopped working so I had to give it to warranty repair (in my country vendors have 30 days to fix it and I've never experienced warranty repair that would only took few days). Thank you for your patience.

Don't worry about the delay, thesis goes first, that goes without saying. But don't burn yourself out on it!
Great to see another update. Japan seems to be wiping the floor with the Yanks, but I'm not so positive about that AI Seelöwe. Unless they bring in more divisions I don't see them break those armies entrenched around London.

Perhaps set some AI objective tags on the German-controlled ports to encourage them to send reinforcements? I'm not sure the AI is smart enough to realise it can transport troops to the same port more than once...

I'd say that the AI Sealion is a bit thinly spread. They need to get more men over there or they'll be pushed back into the sea.

Stay tuned, update will be coming during the weekend! I am sorry about my lack of posts as I am still busy with work, exams and master thesis.

Congratulations SKOTy, you are the WritAAR of the week!

Thank you very much for the award :)

Stay tuned, update will be coming during the weekend! I am sorry about my lack of posts as I am still busy with work, exams and master thesis.

Thank you very much for the award :)

Don't worry, thesis takes priority of course. Looking forward to the update as always.
And thank you very much for the award!

Definitely subscribing to this.