• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kinvaras

Second Lieutenant
11 Badges
Dec 6, 2013
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka
  • Cities in Motion
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Magicka 2
  • Shadowrun Returns
Hi, I have a question.

I found at least two questions which apparently are the same as mine.

So, they said only the host needs the DLC and other players can join even if they don't have it.

I tried playing with a friend though, and every time he connected to my game, his game would close.
Is that a glitch? Is that intended?

Am I supposed to be able to play with him if he doesn't have the DLC?

Afterwards, we ended up playing a different DLC, which both of us had, and it worked.
That's why I feel like I need to ask it.

Can I play with friends which does not have the DLC as long as I host it? (Since I bought the whole collection)

Sounds like your friend might have some problems with that particular DLC :/

It's hard to say anything without knowing about his setup. It sounds like he might be running a laptop with Intel HD Graphics, in which case I would assume that to be the problem (which sadly is the case for most people having problems with Magicka) :/

Sounds like your friend might have some problems with that particular DLC :/

It's hard to say anything without knowing about his setup. It sounds like he might be running a laptop with Intel HD Graphics, in which case I would assume that to be the problem (which sadly is the case for most people having problems with Magicka) :/

That is VERY weird.
I don't think it is a graphics problem, we tried with two different computers (one had a radeon hd)
Besides, I have the intel HD and it works in mine.

It is pretty weird.
I bought the whole DLC collection, while my friend have "Vietnam" and "Dungeons and Daemons"
The two DLCs that he has we are able to play together with no problems.

MAYBE, since he doesn't have the DLC, steam didn't download the files,
so it tries to start a level with files he does not have.

Hmm, I will try copy my files to his machine see what happens.

It didn't work :(

Code:
Version: 1.4.16.0 Thread: LogicThread

System.Exception: System.NullReferenceException when reading message of type: TriggerAction from ( server ? ) ! ---> System.NullReferenceException: Referência de objeto não definida para uma instância de um objeto.
   em Magicka.GameLogic.Entities.Character.ApplyTemplate(CharacterTemplate iTemplate, Int32& iModel)
   em Magicka.GameLogic.Entities.NonPlayerCharacter.ApplyTemplate(CharacterTemplate iTemplate, Int32& iModel)
   em Magicka.GameLogic.Entities.Character.Initialize(CharacterTemplate iTemplate, Int32 iRandomOverride, Vector3 iPosition, Int32 iUniqueID)
   em Magicka.GameLogic.Entities.NonPlayerCharacter.Initialize(CharacterTemplate iTemplate, Int32 iRandomOverride, Vector3 iPosition, Int32 iUniqueID)
   em Magicka.Levels.Triggers.Trigger.SpawnNPC(TriggerActionMessage& iMsg)
   em Magicka.Levels.Triggers.Trigger.NetworkAction(TriggerActionMessage& iMsg)
   em Magicka.Network.NetworkClient.ReadMessage(BinaryReader iReader, SteamID iSender)
   --- Fim do rastreamento de pilha de exceções internas ---
   em Magicka.Network.NetworkClient.ReadMessage(BinaryReader iReader, SteamID iSender)
   em Magicka.Network.NetworkClient.Update()
   em Magicka.Network.NetworkManager.Update()
   em Magicka.Game.Update(Single iDeltaTime)
   em Magicka.Game.ThreadedUpdate()
   em System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   em System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

0x182d Magicka.exe->Magicka.Network.NetworkClient.ReadMessage
0x01a6 Magicka.exe->Magicka.Network.NetworkClient.Update
0x0013 Magicka.exe->Magicka.Network.NetworkManager.Update
0x0030 Magicka.exe->Magicka.Game.Update
0x0080 Magicka.exe->Magicka.Game.ThreadedUpdate
0x003b CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary->System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context
0x005f CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary->System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run
0x002a CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary->System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart

(That's my friend's log)
:(

Apparently, he is not able to use the Necromacer robe because he doesn't owns the DLC.
(while he was supposed to be able to!)

Now what?

OK, I finally figured out.

Here is the problem:
When someone else joins my server, they do not get set with the right equipment or map.

For instance, my friends said they were seeing the wrong map or robe.

The solution was simply selecting a different map and then switching back.
When I do that, everyone on the room re-loads the resources and it works.

Pretty weird bug.