• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Meneth

Crusader Kings 3 Programmer
153 Badges
Feb 9, 2011
www.paradoxwikis.com
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
Download - Post-v3.2
For CKII v3.2.X. Release/changelog thread
Download - Post-HF
For CKII v3.0 to v3.1.1. Release/changelog thread
Download - Post-JD
For CKII v2.8.X. Release/changelog thread
Download - Post-M&M
For CKII v2.7.X. Release/changelog thread
Download - Post-Reaper's
For CKII v2.6.X. Release/changelog thread
Download - Post-Conclave
For CKII v2.5.X. Release/changelog thread
Download - Post-HL
For CKII v2.4.X. Release/changelog thread
Download - Post-WoL
Released 2015-05-08. For CKII v2.3.6. Release/changelog thread
Download - Post-CM
Released 2014-12-07. For CKII v2.2.1.
Download - Post-RoI
Released 2014-10-07. For CKII v2.1.6. How to downgrade to v2.0.4; roughly the same steps for v2.1.6
Download - Pre-RoI
Released 2014-03-22. For CKII v2.0.4. How to downgrade to v2.0.4
Installation:
  1. If you have a "modules" folder in your mod folder, delete it.
  2. Unzip everything inside the downloaded .7z archive directly into your mod folder. You'll need a zip/archive utility like 7-Zip (free, open source, cross-platform) to unzip .7z files effectively.
  3. Run HIP.exe, which was unzipped into your mod folder.
  4. Answer the questions the command line asks. Default answer is indicated in square brackets after each prompt.
  5. Enable HIP through the launcher and start the game.
Mac OS X Instructions:
  1. If you have a "modules" folder in your mod folder, delete it. THIS IS IMPORTANT.
  2. Unzip everything inside the downloaded .7z archive (normally "HIP_<DLC>_<SERIES><NUM>_<DATE>.7z" where <DLC> might be "JD" and <SERIES> might be "Hydra" and <NUM> might be "2") directly into your mod folder. Use a quality zip utility such as 7-Zip (free, open source, and cross-platform) when trying to unzip.
  3. Find the application Terminal that comes with your Mac. It is impossible to uninstall and bundled with every Mac. If it's not on your Launcher already, then search Finder under Applications for Terminal. It should be in a subfolder in Applications with other system utilities. Run Terminal.
  4. Copy and then paste the following line of text, precisely, into the Terminal window:
    • python "Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod/main.py"
  5. If you didn't paste the line-ending as well and the text is just sitting there, it's waiting for you to press ENTER. Hit ENTER.
  6. You should now be running the automatic installer, and your experience should be identical to that of Windows, except Terminal is a lot more user-friendly than the Windows console.
  7. Answer the questions prompted on the command line. Default answer is indicated in brackets after each prompt.
  8. Run CKII. Enable HIP through the launcher, make sure any incompatible mods are deselected, and enjoy the game!
For using HIP with the EU4 converter, see here.
Bug reports:

Please post what modules you're using when posting a bug report. Bug reports are preferably posted as threads of their own or in the bug reports thread.
You MUST include the contents of the "version.txt" file in your HIP folder (i.e., the one created by the installer -- by default 'mod/Historical Immersion Project/version.txt') when making a bug report, or we'll have no idea how to help you.
What is the Historical Immersion Project?

HIP is a modular project consisting of several previously independent mods and two mods created purely for HIP (EMF and LTM). Two of the original mods are now defunct (PB and VIET).
These modules can be independently toggled during installation of HIP, leaving it up to the user how they wish to combine them.
  • EMF - Is the core mechanics & flavour overhaul module for HIP. Originated from the now-defunct Project Balance.
  • ARKOpack Armoiries - Improves existing CoAs as well as add new ones, both the dynastic and titular ones.
  • ARKOpack Interface - Is an overhaul for the interface, giving it a completely new look.
  • Arumba and Internal Tab Shortcuts - Changes hotkeys to better and more comfortable locations, adds new hotkeys.
  • CPRplus - Adds new portrait sets, and improvements to portrait elements in general.
  • SWMH - Is a highly detailed and dense map overhaul, it adds a large number of new provinces, cultures, and titles.
    • MiniSWMH - Is a submod to SWMH which significantly improves performance by deactivating India and parts of Africa on the map. Good if you're experiencing slow performance, and to be used for multiplayer.
    • SED - Is a submod which gives an English-centric localisation to SWMH. This may be preferable if you dislike heavily-nativized naming in SWMH.
  • LTM - Is a graphics overhaul for the map, giving it a cleaner look and higher definition.
Usage in other mods:
Any permissions gained before HIP was launched still persist. They only apply to the mod one originally obtained permission to use content from, not HIP as a whole.
Note that including a modified file from a mod in order to make your own mod work with that mod is considering using content from that mod.
  • To use content from ARKOpack, you need permission from Arko
  • To use content from LTM, you need permission from Lord of Pain
  • To use content from SWMH, you need permission from the SWMH team. Contact Aasmul or another member of the team
  • To use content from EMF, you need permission from zijistark
  • To use content from CPRplus, you need permission from sifsilver or Ese Khan
  • If in doubt about what mod content belongs to, message zijistark

Last edited:
  • 9Like
Reactions:
Team members:
Active
Retired / Inactive

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
HIP --> EU4 conversion instructions
Simply convert your save in the same way as you would for vanilla.

Conversion with SWMH enabled is not supported.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Just a minor Bug in actual Version , somehow installer will install NBRT+ before SWMH, causes some missing textures and trees.
New Version is up in a few Mins !!
Meneth will inform you ASAP here ... sorry guys :)

It looks like you have to unzip the downloaded archive directly in your MOD folder or you don't get the files in the correct location. At least that's what happened to me.

Reactions:
Just a minor Bug in actual Version , somehow installer will install NBRT+ before SWMH, causes some missing textures and textures.
Note that the issue only exist if you use both SWMH and NBRT+. If you don't, then there's no point redownloading once the file's been replaced (should happen within 5 mins).

It looks like you have to unzip the downloaded archive directly in your MOD folder or you don't get the files in the correct location. At least that's what happened to me.
Much like all mods.
I'll stick a note in the install instructions for the next version though, and in the install instructions in this thread.

Quick question, is this compatible with Crackd's Steppe Faces just like VIET is, or are there different steps necessary now (if there is even compatibility)?

Man the mac install instructions are really confusing. Any plans on fixing that in the future? Whenever i add another folder with the same name it removes the entire folder. Im pretty sure its not supposed to work that way.

Reactions:
Man the mac install instructions are really confusing. Any plans on fixing that in the future? Whenever i add another folder with the same name it removes the entire folder. Im pretty sure its not supposed to work that way.
Unless you're on OS X or Linux, you really should just use the installer. That's why it is there.
It is near impossible to simplify the manual installation much.
Just a minor Bug in actual Version , somehow installer will install NBRT+ before SWMH, causes some missing textures and trees.
It has now been resolved.

Much like all mods.
I'll stick a note in the install instructions for the next version though, and in the install instructions in this thread.

I downloaded it to my mods folder, but I extracted everything to its own subfolder because of the python file and the executable, etc. I thought that if I left it all in the mods folder it would have clutter that I really want in there. I guess I should've just looked at what was in the archive like I usually do!

Is it just for 64-bit systems? I can't open the installer on my 32-bit :/

Using Win7. Try to run .exe, but cmd prompt appears for a split second, disappears and then nothing happens.

Is it just for 64-bit systems? I can't open the installer on my 32-bit :/
Did the two of you make sure to unzip the python33.dll? If you don't have Python 3.3 installed that's needed to run the installer.

I hate to be that guy, but I think something is wrong here.

I picked the following modules:
-AKOpack Armories
-AKOpack Interface
-NBRT+
-VIET traits
-VIET events
-VIET immersion

This should give me the same setup I was using before HIP, but I notice the merged on_actions file is missing all the VIET stuff like events from Generic_Events_1.txt

---

Also, on a second run of HIP.exe the Historical Immersion Project folder was deleted, but a new one was not created until the third run.

I hate to be that guy, but I think something is wrong here.

I picked the following modules:
-AKOpack Armories
-AKOpack Interface
-NBRT+
-VIET traits
-VIET events
-VIET immersion

This should give me the same setup I was using before HIP, but I notice the merged on_actions file is missing all the VIET stuff like events from Generic_Events_1.txt

---

Also, on a second run of HIP.exe the Historical Immersion Project folder was deleted, but a new one was not created until the third run.
Running the installer more than once will mess things up, since it moves the modules (as copying would be incredibly slow in comparison).

As to the on_actions issue, that seems to be Cybr's fault due to how he set up the on_actions :p
I'll get it fixed.

If you use Sunset Invasion with this will the Aztecs always show up, or has that been modified similar to the way it is in CK2+?
It is like in vanilla.