• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

doulos05

Second Lieutenant
20 Badges
Jan 4, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Magicka
  • King Arthur II
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Cities in Motion
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
I've got a top-notch PC. AMD A10 quad core with plenty of GHz to spare and 8GB of RAM. Yet every time I load this game up, I cannot play for longer than 15 minutes at a time before it completely freezes the computer. And I mean completely, I have to press the power button to switch it off and on again. Any suggestions or ideas for what it could be or how to fix it? I'm kinda at a loss. This game looks pretty good, and I really liked it. But I can't play it at all. I've got the Steam version if that matters.

Hello,

We currently have no reproducible crashes. What you describe sounds more like a windows driver failing behind the game causing the crash. I would suggest trying a few things;

- Be sure you have updated your video driver to the latest version.
- Try using the "Nvidia Driver Fix" found in the graphics options (even if it's not an Nvidia video card)
- Try running the game in "windowed mode".

One of these should provide more clues as to the cause of the crash.

I've got a top-notch PC. AMD A10 quad core with plenty of GHz to spare and 8GB of RAM. Yet every time I load this game up, I cannot play for longer than 15 minutes at a time before it completely freezes the computer. And I mean completely, I have to press the power button to switch it off and on again. Any suggestions or ideas for what it could be or how to fix it? I'm kinda at a loss. This game looks pretty good, and I really liked it. But I can't play it at all. I've got the Steam version if that matters.

Video or sound card problem. Are you overclocking by any chance? Seems like an overheat issue at first blush.