• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
One way to get rid of stupid requests from the allies would be to turn the newly conquered, abroad areas into puppet states.

o/ I got a Panzer in Paris, I got a Panzer in Rome,
I even got a Panzer in the Vatican dome... o/

:D

One way to get rid of stupid requests from the allies would be to turn the newly conquered, abroad areas into puppet states.
I might do that.

Last edited:
Part XXXV: Capitulation
The date the last update ended to 11th of May, 1943

Why was it still taking Japan so long to attack Communist China? They didn't exactly have much other threats to be worried about. Hitler shook his head at the incompetency of all his allies.

4jU6KlF.png

Not that his generals would ever be accused of incompetency, of course. Even his most untrained group of leaders, his naval commanders, were seriously pounding on British ships.

mlE5NgB.png

Xo3j6y3.png

Or perhaps it was the stupidity of the British.

PHuPHuC.png

Even though the British had battleships, somehow the Germans knocked off a cruiser and attacked them again after the battle was won.

azahwQT.png

qcRfRk9.png

This tactic was consistently used, bringing the British navy down, ship by ship. They hadn't even destroyed a single German convoy on the way to Britain - and the English Channel was left defenceless. Although, the British may have been preoccupied with other things.

nzWLVKn.png

The Germans had also reached Hull - with many British ships stationed in its docks. Fleeing the rapidly approaching Panzers, the ships suddenly came across a powerful German fleet, supported by land-based bombers.

7wK4zr0.png

It also appeared that Germany had a pretty reasonable scientific strength:

kpLYdha.png

The British navy was indeed being crushed.

5pv5ASY.png

1xSquYt.png

J6vkT7Z.png

At long last, after 4 years, Germany had taken down the British to a point that they were unwilling to keep fighting.

qSDzkzH.png

The British spirit was destroyed finally.

And with the British, the entirety of the Allies.

76NcjDg.png

Which led to the interesting side effect that the USA was able to take over that last bit of Canada.

FxpRiGP.png

noo my occupation laws are all gone. i mean i wasn't on total exploitation but still :(
also the British had around 300k men in that east Canada area. WTF. in total i had around 100k-200k men invading, not to mention the British had MORE SHIPS THAN THE US. SURELY THEY COULD HAVE SPARED SOME IN THEIR HOME ISLAND. they could have stopped me or forced me to do something huge. but now i guess it's time to turn my attention to my old allies - the axis.

Good job knocking out the British! Shame they didn't defend their home island as well as they defended Newfoundland, but you nailed em, that's what counts right.
So, next stop the Axis, and then the USA?

Obviously the 300,000 British troops were there to defend the empire's most important resource: maple syrup. If that got into the wrong hands...

Obviously the 300,000 British troops were there to defend the empire's most important resource: maple syrup. If that got into the wrong hands...
Yes, that would have been disastrous

time to release some puppets?

Good job knocking out the British! Shame they didn't defend their home island as well as they defended Newfoundland, but you nailed em, that's what counts right.
So, next stop the Axis, and then the USA?
The USA might get invaded by Japan looking at the amount of invading that country is doing before I even get there :(

Dear God, don't even let me think of what would happen D:

time to release some puppets?
I think I want to keep most of the countries I have now - it looks nice :)
Maybe I'll puppet Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania though, and the countries of the Axis I'm about to invade. Perhaps the rest of Yugoslavia too. It's annoying to try and departisan that area and I get no resources out of it.
But not Poland, France, Luxembourg, Belgium, the USSR or the Netherlands at least.
And especially not Denmark. Not after...after what they did to me :p

You have tried to set up theatres just to combat partisans, set them on auto with 1+ cav division each.

I really set those theatres up to look nice :)
I know about just letting the AI do that, but I did that in the last game I played and either I was doing something wrong or the AI was just broken; it took far longer than it should have to take down partisans.

Sorry for the waiting time. Updating coming tomorrow

Last edited:
I might take a while but there should be less annoyance, and anything below theatre doesn't work well for anti partisan duty, I've seen a whole army just stand around 3 partisan controlled provinces and not doing anything.

I might take a while but there should be less annoyance, and anything below theatre doesn't work well for anti partisan duty, I've seen a whole army just stand around 3 partisan controlled provinces and not doing anything.

I'll take a look into that, thanks.

And sorry that I didn't actually update.

I usually binge-play for two to three hours, getting a lot of pictures done at once, because a lot of the time I don't feel like playing. Too much stuff to do (production, managing units, making sure I don't have so many infantry in one province so supply lines are fine, checking convoys, sending out submarines, constantly watching the Pacific for changes, etc). I'm not stopping though, don't misunderstand me :)

But I'd want to work on another AAR in the meantime, because I do feel like playing a small country - Finland, New Zealand, Australia or Canada especially. Probably Finland or Australia though, depending on whether I want to play navally or through land. Maybe I might revisit my old axis-Australia thing.

I've gotten a lot more experience, and because it's a small country I can really focus on making it look nice rather than cramming the most important battles and events into a post.

But I don't know if it's accepted here to have two AARs running at the same time (I think I've seen a few people do it but I don't recall exactly). Somebody tell me if it is? I'd love to work on something in the times where I don't feel like playing as Germany in this massive thing.

Once again I say: I'm not stopping or even pausing this. Probably just going to update less frequently.

Last edited:
But I don't know if it's accepted here to have two AARs running at the same time (I think I've seen a few people do it but I don't recall exactly). Somebody tell me if it is? I'd love to work on something in the times where I don't feel like playing as Germany in this massive thing.

Limitless! :D

I want to be at war with Japan but not its puppets, and every time I try to edit the save file to remedy this I do something wrong haha
might take a little while until next update :(

If I recall correctly, you have to:
cut the puppet status
cut the alliances between the puppet, master, and you
then recreate the desired war

Right?

I want to be at war with Japan but not its puppets

I fail to see how that intervenes in your plan to subdue Japan. You can bypass their puppets completely or secure just the most needed ports. All you need is to kill Japan, no-one else and it's not like the whole Machurian army will be waiting for you in Tokyo :p

I fail to see how that intervenes in your plan to subdue Japan. You can bypass their puppets completely or secure just the most needed ports. All you need is to kill Japan, no-one else and it's not like the whole Machurian army will be waiting for you in Tokyo :p
I have a border with Manchukuo (or however you spell it, I can't be bothered to go on google at the moment). Pretty large too. The old Soviet Far East :p
If I attack through there (and somehow getting the supply lines to be good), Japan's probably going to be forced out of doing anything in the Pacific and I'd rather fight them navally for the moment. At least there, they have a chance. Also it will take i imagine at least 6 months for my soldiers to get there in-game.

That's a whole lot me sitting around doing nothing.

If I recall correctly, you have to:
cut the puppet status
cut the alliances between the puppet, master, and you
then recreate the desired war

Right?
Oh, silly me. I've been creating the war at the start and then trying to stop the puppets from being at war with me. Pretty stupid of me :|
Should be easy now.

I should definitely be able to make an update tomorrow.
It's tomorrow and I did play. I'll post it tomorrow again (sorry guys for this, seriously, I dont want to be scummy :( )

Last edited: