• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jiubite

Recruit
1 Badges
Apr 5, 2013
  • Cities in Motion 2
Hi,

so I was excited to try out CiM on Linux after having played the game on Windows for quite some time a few years ago.

Unfortunately, the game disappeared from my Steam account the same day it was released for Linux. Having a look at the games listed in my steam profile, I notice it's no longer there ("All Games" tab). It *is* listed in my library but only in the "Other Games" category, which IIUC means that I have some files installed for that game but missing the license and I need to buy the game in order to play it. Instead of the "Play" button, there's only a "Purchase" button.

There are quite a few people in the steam forums for CiM complaining about this. Also, someone posted that he can't register the game with steam after he bought it.

I also bought the game in a retail box (from amazon IIRC) and I guess I still have the CD (DVD?), though I don't feel like searching for it now. So it was not a "virtual" steam purchase. Maybe that's why my access to the game has been revoked. Can players who bought this from steam still launch the game?

Please, Paradox/CO, either fix this if you can, or tell steam guys to hurry up/reply to one of the threads. A bunch of people are waiting for a response. Yes, I realize we should probably be patient until monday. :)

Cheers

Edit: To clarify, I posted this in the main forum because the Tech Support forum says that I need to register my game, which I can't, because clicking the "CD Key" link in Steam results in a corrupted window being displayed. Judging by the audio, it's supposed to be an error message.

Last edited:
I have the same problem. I actually tried to post a thread about this earlier in General Discussion but it seems to have been eaten by the system...

EDIT: Turns out the post was simply waiting to be approved by a moderator so I'll just post the link back to it.

Last edited:
There seems to have been an issue on Steam with permissions on Friday for yet an unknown reason. We're fixing the issue and hopefully you'll have your game back soon. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience!