• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(523260)

Recruit
1 Badges
Jul 14, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
I am a Finnish Emperor of Scandinavia, but my main kingdom is Rus. And my religion is Reformed Suomenusko... So I'm curious as to whose national ideas
and what tech group I will have when I convert to EU. Also would it be a good idea to scrap Scandinavia and take up the Russian empire since I plan on
expanding into the east? thanks.

Not too sure about the ideas, you'll probably get the default ones. As for tech group, it's mostly based off religion and culture and tech levels most of the time if you aren't catholic you'll get eastern. If you have autonomous vassals as your crown law, any vassal kings will be vassals in EU4.

I haven't messed about in the converter since 2.0 though so this might be old info.

I had the exact same situation, though I had the Empire of Russia as well. You'll turn into a Scandinavia which is an Empire, your primary culture will be Finnish, your religion
will be Suomenusko and probably you'll be western tech.

I am a Finnish Emperor of Scandinavia, but my main kingdom is Rus. And my religion is Reformed Suomenusko... So I'm curious as to whose national ideas
and what tech group I will have when I convert to EU. Also would it be a good idea to scrap Scandinavia and take up the Russian empire since I plan on
expanding into the east? thanks.
Unless you hold one of the following counties: Paris, Roma, Byzantion, Osterreich, Middlesex, Venezia, Brugge, Genoa, Kent, Köln, Santiago, you will be the default tech group for reformed norther Pagans (Norse, Slavic, Romuva, and Suomenusko), which I believe is Eastern. If you hold any of those counties, you will automatically be Western. Alternatively, if the average tech level of your realm is at least 40/40/40 (average of level 5 tech in each category), you should be Western.

The mechanics for National Idea assignment got a little more flexible with the most recent patch, but neither the Finnish culture nor the empire of Scandinavia have an associated set of unique National Ideas, so you're going to get saddled with the generic NIs instead. Of course, this is easy enough to mod, so you can also steal some other set of NIs. If you form Russia and use it as your primary title (you might have to rename it back to Russia since it gets as localized name when held by a Finno-Urgic culture group), you will get Russian Ideas.

Beyond that, lower tier titles don't mean anything unless your Crown Authority is Autonomous Vassals, in which case, you'll start with a swarm of vassal states made from all of your highest vassals.