• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
im not saying you should play at speed 5, but even if it was possible to manage your realm at speed 5 it'd still take over a week :p

i generally play at 4/5 when at peace+little to do and 2/3 when at war.

even if youre expierienced, running the game at speed 5 non stop is simply undoable and even then it takes HOURS upon HOURS to finish a game. you'd need to play 24h a day at very high speed with little pausing to finish a game in that time.

I play at speed 5 and I enjoy the game just like anyone else, and I don't miss anything. It's not too hard to pay attention the game if you have an attention span better than a two year old.

And I also have no issue managing my realm, even with little pausing. On my current game as Khazaria I haven't had a vassal revolt in several generations, have beaten Byzantium and the Magyars in several wars and my realm's overall tech level is now higher than Constantinople.

You're all wrong. long time PDS fans know that their games have only 2 speeds - speed 5 and paused :p
Anyway, IIRC speed 5 in CK2 is determined by CPU so 867-1453 could take as little as 20 hours if you play nonstop and auto-click every event for option 1

Yep speed 5 and paused, sometimes 4 and paused if in an important war where days count a lot more.

Yeah I do that too, usually 2-3 and rarely 4-5, theres just so much to look at in this game :) I love it.