• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tegetthoff

General
14 Badges
Apr 14, 2006
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
Well, the dev team took a long break, but came back together again in late December. This means that we may be able to give you an 0.62 Version within the first quarte of 2014.

Expect nothing revolutionary, just many small fixes.

For anybody interested in details, here is the working copy of the changelog:

Code:
CORE 0.62 for AoD

2013-05-31:
Made a copy of the 0.61 release version

edward vii abdication pic by Hagar integrated
added ai = yes for JAP ai events Pacific War phase 5 to 7

nuclear:
'41 Isotope Seperation enables nuclear reactor, max size = 1
'42 Nuclear reactor permits max size = 3
Reduced nuclear reactor build time, increased cost (but did not compensate fully), increased manpower need

ai:
Tweaked GER air AI to do a bit more naval bombing.
Permitted USA AI more upgrading during war
Reduced USA AI max_factor during war to prevent excessive IC/infra/installation build

event:
Corrected a problem with the independence of Cambodia

Denniss fixpack of Aug. 12, 2013

divisions\hq.txt: suppression cut in half as discussed with dec

leaders\italy.csv: fix one leader (some invalid data)

techteams: Ger with minor ; fix, add file containing tech team history of all nations

german switch ai files: attachment preference for garrison set to 100% police as discussed with dec, minor cleanup, upgrade limited to .30
eng_britain.ai: trades preferences added, rare valued up to 5.5 and oil devalued to 2.5

event_text.csv: changes to canadian, soviet text, addition of natchi text from vanilla events
models.csv: letter "O" replaced by 0 (zero) in CZE 6_0

Bolivia flavour: bugfix event text

core2_death_events: flag/local_flag change, some characters fixed, changes to Blomberg events
core_ss: two local flags instead of correct global flags
naval_construction: two local flags set in 169308 as requested by ai_reactive events, some cleanup

cored_election: minor flag/local_flag change
cored_ussr: minor flag/local_flag change in purge events, some cleanup, year fix in 2655
cored_nationalist_china: Flag correction in 3827, id correction in 3814b, some cleanup, text copied to event_text.csv
cored_hoi2: some cleanup, some events did not use event_text.csv despite text available there
cored_vichy_france: flag correction in 996A

cored_ai_usa: cleanup, text move/merge of the Clemson DD events
cored_ai_sov_spheres: flag renamed (Aggresion -> Aggression), cleanup
cored_ai_sov: flag/local_flag change in purge events
cored_ai_reactive: cleanup
cored_ai_revolters: flag renamed
cored_ai_jap: cleanup, based on the 0.61 hotfix version with ai event fix
cored_ai_ita: cleanup, disable messages about convoys to North Africa setup (they are known to work)
cored_ai_ger: some cleanup, add low-manpower events to shift upgrade/reinforce by +5%
cored_ai_mon: flag and clrflag correction in 35464/65
cored_ai_tan: clrflag correction in 34161
cored_ai_eng: some cleanup/trigger simplification, add a persisten trade killer event vs USA as ENG tends to send out all rares for oil
   +Teg: removed an SCW trigger from the ENG Italy invasion event

core_canada: add event to set flag for synth rubber event
core_germany: minor changes, event id fix in 370435B, sleepevent moved from 370111 to 112
core_hungary: add sleepevent command, extend date range of 430070 by two months as ITA is usually a tad late with required a/c tech
core_italy: flags renamed, flag/local_flag change
core_japan: some cleanup and a flag/local_flag change, sleepevent in 470142A
core_Romania: BUL -> HUN in 700111/112
core_sweden: flag renamed
core_usa: 830115 modified for CAN event, flag renamed, event text transfer
core_ussr: Omsk rubber reworked, multiple changes to purge events, 840050-56 merged into one event, minor changes to Donbas events, cleanup
core_egypt: flag renamed
core_Kuomintang: event text transfer, fix in 480161 (+1 to -1)
core_netherlands: unused/never implemented local flag commented out in 580000
core_vatican: -33 to +33 in 1200173, cleanup

2013-08-13
-> CORE 0.62.1 for AoD

CAN minister John Ross Taylor (45058) to fascist
Delete CAN minister 45124 (P.W. Oland), no relation at all to the RCAF AND only 26 at gamestart.
Delete CAN minister 45090 (Andrew Greene Carnell), was a Newfoundlander. 
CAN minister 45074 Chuck Crate should again be changed to FA or NS. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Crate
Delete CAN minister 45091 Pierre Berton. He's 18 (!) when he appears and also doesn't seem exactly like a PA type. He did train as an intelligence officer, but that's about it. Also, a slightly different picture of him is used for minister 45075 Pierre St. Pierre, whom I can find no information about, so maybe he's completely fictious. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Berton
Delete minister 45069 George W. Stephens, two years dead when he becomes available and never held any office on the national level. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Was ... ephens,_Jr.
Minister 45169 Robert Leckie, change startdate to 1944. 
Minister 45118 Alasdair Murray, change name to Leonard W. Murray
http://www.thememoryproject.com/news/38 ... -atlantic/
Delete minister 45085 Herbert Brown Ames, no relation to Intelligence (or even the military) at all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Ames
Delete minister 45076 Thomas Adams, was a town planner, no Canadian and dead the year before he becomes available.
http://www.kosmoid.net/planning/adams
Minister 45168 Lloyd Breadner change startdate to 1936, he was CoAF already 1928-1932 (and again during the war).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyd_Samuel_Breadner
Delete minister 45060 Charles J. Howlett, dead since 1932.
http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~melbaker/mayors_ ... _1888.html
Delete Minister 45089/45079 William G. Adams, 21 when he's available and a Newfoundlander (didn't enter politics until 1961).
http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~melbaker/mayors_ ... _1888.html

Dec´s Sept. 13 package:
New tech teams for AST and CAN
adj defs modifications
Rework of naval and air bases
ic and mp adjustements via improvements.inc
Fine tuninc of .inc files for: BOL, CAN, ENG, FRA, ITA, PAR, POR, PRU (tech setup, OOB details)
Small editorial changes

IND to parochial WV from conciliatory (to cut money)
New "Agricultural Colony" NI for India with increased military salaries and decreased MP Growth
Same for Malay States

MP Growth 1.1/1.0/0.9/0.8/0.7 for FI/SI/PI/AG/SU
then:
MP Growth 1.1/1.0/0.8/0.6/0.4 for FI/SI/PI/AG/SU (India: 0.5)

Supply need -0.2/-0.4 for AG/SU

China loses MP when losing the five centers used for off-map tax production (-300/+300)
Burma road trades slightly more favourable to China
Enery trades on Burma road that China does not need eliminated
Supply from operation ZET strengthened (by +6) and Burma / Haiphong supplies weakened by -4, cost adjusted
Operation ZET gives slight research bonus to China
Burma road expansion will only be started when China is not out of money and still losing the war
Burma road expansion on/off criteria tightened
China´s agricultural (off-map) tax income doubled

Countries not going to total mobilisation when a puppet:
IND BHU NEP MLY MAN MEN PHI SLK

Since late game income is now down strongly, early game income must be raised
# _EV_MP_TO_CG_, How much IC does each MP provide in CG?
	0.006 # was 0.005 in 0.61 # was 0.009 in 0.60

2013-09-15
-> CORE 0.62.2 for AoD

Since Germany seems to be overperforming:
MP Growth 1.05/1.0/0.8/0.6/0.4 for FI/SI/PI/AG/SU (India: 0.5)

Some spelling fixes pointed out by Zsar
Gambara no longer added as SPA leader outside Italian intervention
Surrender of Denmark (93) moved to Denmark file as 290010 and triggers modified
Surrender does not depend on existence of Poland but on garrison levels in provinces plus checks in GER not being in trouble
plus some other conditions proposed by Dec
1 VP added to Reykjavik
Option b of event 379900 now also removes Leibstandart A-H

Modified Japan convoy build ai (extra_convoy = 1.8/1.7 and 2.0/1.9)
Reduced JAP preset convoy builds from 12 to 7 consecutuve runs

Several small fixes pointed out in the forum

Okada Keisuke changed to Old Admiral
Terauchi Hisaichi is now in the 36 minister pool (was minister of war in 1936)
Japan "coup" events changed to only change HoG
Tojo Hideki more likely to come in after US oil embargo
Hirota Koki may resign when Terauchi is MoA

Set all cancel_deal_thresholds to 3 instead of 2
Set cancel_deal_thresholds to 4 for typical raw material exporter countries (South America plus several mid-level European nations)

Installer shortcut naming fix

Well, I'm certainly looking forward to this, although you guys certainly deserved a long break after the last update! In my own experience as a coder, these updates fixing lots of small issues may be less exciting, but are certainly very satisfying to get done.

I'd like to add two things for consideration:

1) The penalty for fighting with no chance of escape has always annoyed me. Surely it should be a bonus, not a penalty? Every military theorist from Sun Tzu onwards has pointed out that cornered men fight all the harder, and the supply system already gives encircled forces an appropriate penalty for being cut off from supply. I think this would be more realistic, and would make things (very) slightly more challenging for the player.

2) This thread from the main forum is perhaps worth addressing (or has this already been fixed in CORE?)
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?745322-Perhaps-the-Victory-or-Valhalla-option-need-editing

ad 1) While the men may be fighting harder, they ARE cut off from supplies and reinforcement. Cutting the enemy off is a main element of mobile warfare, so I would even see this as counterproductive.

ad 2) That´s a single number in misc.txt to be changed, I´ll raise it with the team

ad 1) While the men may be fighting harder, they ARE cut off from supplies and reinforcement. Cutting the enemy off is a main element of mobile warfare, so I would even see this as counterproductive.

I know what you mean; I just feel that the supply and reinforcement issues are already well taken into account by the -50 out of supply penalty that the troops will soon start to face. It's not a big deal though, and I can always mod my own install I guess.

I know what you mean; I just feel that the supply and reinforcement issues are already well taken into account by the -50 out of supply penalty that the troops will soon start to face. It's not a big deal though, and I can always mod my own install I guess.
I think what you're hinting to, cyber, could be simply modeled (even rather effectively) by the Victory or Walhalla option.

Perhaps it would be enough to properly teach the AI to activate it in certain circumstances (maybe not always, though, lest to incur in hefty dissent penalties - which effects are yet another topic of discussion, by the way).

Will there be more events at all? A good British surrender would be good, something should happen once you take the British Isles

oh but they will never surrender, according to Churchills speeches.

WinstonChurchill said:
We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

I know what you mean; I just feel that the supply and reinforcement issues are already well taken into account by the -50 out of supply penalty that the troops will soon start to face.

In most practical examples it's not just that the surrounded force has no access to supply and reinforcement, but also that it has to defend in all directions. That means that the defence at any particular point is going to be diluted and thus more prone to penetration leading to overall defeat. Of course, there are 'Horatius' cases where terrain obstructs avenues of attack as well cutting the defender's line LoC, but given the configuration of most of the provinces in the game they're going to be the exception rather than the rule.

In most practical examples it's not just that the surrounded force has no access to supply and reinforcement, but also that it has to defend in all directions. That means that the defence at any particular point is going to be diluted and thus more prone to penetration leading to overall defeat. Of course, there are 'Horatius' cases where terrain obstructs avenues of attack as well cutting the defender's line LoC, but given the configuration of most of the provinces in the game they're going to be the exception rather than the rule.

Aye. I can't remember if this penalty replaces the multiple fronts one or not? If you get both then I still think it's too harsh. But if not I think it's a fair point that you've made.