• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

NewbieOne

Field Marshal
31 Badges
Dec 4, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Sengoku
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
The khagan imprisoned my chaplain after he converted one of his courtiers. There was no problem with the ransom, considering the khagan's opinion of my ruler was at +100. However, while I can send my chaplain to other pagans, I can't seem to be able to send him back to the khagan's capital, but there is no notice or anything. Just black colour when I click the chaplain mission.

You have to wait a certain amount of time before you can send him back to someone who has imprisoned him. Can't remember the length of time though.

Thanks. I think was able to resend immediately before or perhaps it was a couple of days (or some other very short time on max speed), so I didn't really think a cooldown would trigger.

EDIT: It seems to be taking forever. Perhaps the angry about the courtier reaction comes with a longer cooldown than the ordinary imprisonment of your chaplain upon arrival.

Last edited:
Note that the restriction on sending another preacher is tied to a specific set of rulers, so if your character dies or they die the restriction should be lifted.

If you're impatient and have the money, assassination seems like a good solution to your problems.

The "Sent unsolicited preacher" opinion modifier lasts 5 years, and prevents you from sending any more preachers, as well as giving them a -10 opinion penalty on you. It's easy enough to check if it's there - just hover over their opinion of you...

The "Sent unsolicited preacher" opinion modifier lasts 5 years, and prevents you from sending any more preachers, as well as giving them a -10 opinion penalty on you. It's easy enough to check if it's there - just hover over their opinion of you...

I had it stacked once, and the Ilkhan had 3 of my chaplains in his jail. I was able to reappoint and resend immediately. But this is different with the case when the khagan of the Golden Horde got worked up about a courtier of his getting converted.

Oh, and this is slightly off-topic, but when the Ilkhnate was wiped out by the GH and really stopped to exist (the former Ilkhan was reappointed as a simple chief to his last county after even it was taken away from him), the Mongol prisoner I held in jail switched to having me as his liege, since the Ilkhanate discontinued and the Ilkhan became unlanded for a second. He had like 23 Martial, Inspiring Leader and Cav Commander. He's currently Catholic and leading holy order stacks for me. ;) I'm not sure off the top of my head, but dude seems to have only positive traits, something of a True Christian Knight material. Almost married him to my doge's dad's young widow (3rd wife).

Also, GH has currently just DoW-ed me despite being at +100 opinion. Due to how things work, he's likely to be out of event troops and rather weak at the end of this, especially considering that as soon as his own declared war is over, I'm following up with a holy war for the biggest duchy he has conquered, which is also full of Muslims under his Tengri rule (who are Abrahamic, after all).

Last edited: