• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just want to add that the same thing happened to me yesterday. I was Ironman and cloud saving to steam.

My game that I spent three days on (played as soon as I would get off work until like 2 in morning) froze for like ten minutes. So i Ctrl Alt Del and closed it, and next time I loaded it up I could not even open the save. It said something like "broke save" under the save.

Really really sucks, it made me just turn the computer off and not play anymore. LOL :mad:

If you could add this information to the bug request that I made, that would be great. This way we have a "collection" of Ironman save file problems in one location

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...appearing-Destoryed-cloud-save-game-(Ironman)

Something like what Wolfmaster's screenshots show happened to me as well, and not that long ago either.

One day when I loaded up my save (Ironman, and cloud) half the map was essentially grayed out. All of the British isles, France and Iberia as well as a big chunk of Africa. (Kingdom of Africa, Mauretania and Ghana.) Just poof. When I tried running the game anyway every single grayed out county went to one newly spawned character.

I assumed it was completely borked and just tossed the save, probably shouldn't have done that. It sounds like the same issue though.

^^ Then I wonder if there are two different diseases here, as opposed to one. My sympthoms are completely different. I'm not even able to see the in-game screen that should appear as " preview" when you select your save. This is where I get my CTD.
At least you guys can load your gamesD:

I actually back up my saves manually since using one save file always makes me nervious. I would save a copy of the file on my desktop then every 2-4 hours make another copy and rotate 2-3 saves. Yes, you could save scum this way, but I just feel better knowing the worse that could happen is me losing a few hours. I think the problem is that the file is modified very often in a short period of time. Would be nice if Paradox put in a feature to allow a back up save created every hour or something automatically for cases like this.

Should have done the same. CKII Had reputation of very stable game. Well, that's impression I was under. It didn't occur to me that minor detail like corruption of sole save slot of Ironman was likely to happen.

We've managed to find what was causing the problem and fixed it. I'm sorry that I can't fix your saves for you because a huge chunk of data is missing in them(which was the problem).
The fix will be deployed as fast as possible. :)

We've managed to find what was causing the problem and fixed it. I'm sorry that I can't fix your saves for you because a huge chunk of data is missing in them(which was the problem).
The fix will be deployed as fast as possible. :)
Thanks, you guys are awesome.

It won't save the wasted hours of my life though and now that it is fixed more wasted hours. HAHA :laugh:

Any idea when a fix for this will be released? I had a super fun Flanders > Frisia ironman that ended when nearly all of western Europe was apparently abducted by aliens like this