• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GreatUberGeek

Count of the Netflix Binge-Watch
4 Badges
Aug 8, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Hello,
This is a list of all Comic AARs, no matter what game. If you think I've missed any, or have new ones to share, please tell me. Remember, I'm new here, so won't know that much about previous AARs.

Europa Universalis III

The mother of all comic AARs: Svip's Glory for Ulm AAR. He also has a website here where all his other comics are located.

Next up is our very own AARland Editor: Derahan's Polandball AAR!. Most comic AARs are Polandball AARs, polandball being the lovable East European state represented by a sphere and his adventures about not going into space. :D

Another Polandball one: Shackel's England can into Space! Polandball AAR. Much like Derahan's, but not as long, even though the comics were quite good.

Crusader Kings II

The ubiquitous Svip is back with Ulm plays CKII:The Old Gods as...someone... where he ended playing as Denmark.

Victoria II

Svip once more: Victoria II: Heart of Darkness as Austria

Our very own Selzro with one of the funniest AARs I ever seen in my admittedly short time here: Subcontinental Subtleties: an experimental comic AAR. A master of Vicky AARs, Selzro managed to make a great one in a much different style than his others.

The newest Polandball in Victoria:Osterreich Über Alles: an Austrian Polandball AAR by Nick Giordano

One more comic, to make Vicky the number one place for comic AARs: Zawarudodio's The "Real" History of Egypt

Siamball's An great arr siam with korealand and hawaii cartoon (BROKEN ENGLISH)

Europa Universalis IV

First EU4 comic AAR, I believe, by Firehound15: Awesome Assam: a Polandball AAR In its early stages yet, but shows much promise.

Svip's Glory For Ulm: A Flagland AAR
March of Eagles
Only one, by Svip-AGAIN! :p :MoTe as Russia or, as Svip would have it, February of the Eagles.

Hearts of Iron III
Belgiumruler's YAMDaM mod, Polandball style:The world will...-Oh shit did I just nuke Everyone?-A YAMDaM Iran AAR
Alfred Packer's All Your Bird Poop AARe belong to us

I think that is all of the comic AARs. Please, partake in this delicious buffet of sheer comedy. And perhaps make some more yourself.
Yours truly,
GreatÜberGeek

Last edited:
You forget my hoi3 one!
Whoops, sorry BR. :( :blush: . I'll have to add it in tomorrow, along with several others I forgot. :confused:
Also, callout to Gen Marshal: could you whip up a nice graphic for me to use? Thanks. :D

You mean all current or recent comic AARs... no mention here of older games and works.

I think, judging by the AARs he's selected, he means Image-Based AARs and unfortunately not comedy AARs in general. An unfortunate limitation if you ask me.

Also, this

Last edited:
You mean all current or recent comic AARs... no mention here of older games and works.
Well, if you know any comical works from previous games, then please tell. I wouldn't know any.:)

I think, judging by the AARs he's selected, he means Image-Based AARs and unfortunately not comedy AARs in general. An unfortunate limitation if you ask me.

Also, this
A list of comedy AARs would be a lot harder to make, and countless abandoned make it even harder. Selzro's definition of a comic AAR is an AAR "having the majority of its text within pictures, rather than underneath them." If you have any suggestions, please tell me.
Also, Nick's Austrian Polandball has been added, as well as BR's Iran Polandball and Zawarudodio's "The 'Real' History of Egypt". enjoy. :)

A list of comedy AARs would be a lot harder to make, and countless abandoned make it even harder.

It would however, also be infinitely more valuable as a resource, would it not?

Even if just graphic, no Alfred Packer? Why is this stickied?

Thread title is somewhat misleading, to be sure. ;)

The thing about Selzro's definition is that technically, it would mean that an AAR like Mondo's Cromwell one (which is not intentionally comedic) could merit inclusion under the criteria due to the fact that all its text is located in images, while something which does intend to be funny (such as, aforementioned AARs involving Crovans would not.)

While a list of all comedy AARs would be excellent, it would also be far more difficult to compile. This was meant as a (far easier to compile) list of comic-book style AARs, which are a different art form altogether, regardless of whether they are comedic or serious.

If all game sections keep good records of the style of each new AAR, it shouldn't be too hard to make a list of comedy-style ones. But if not, it would be a daunting task.

Have you tried searching ancient AARland awards for their winners of comedy AARs and nominees?

For example, the greatest comedy AARs I have ever read are missing from this new list.
Check the magnificent creations of Mechthedane and Alfred Packer. :cool:

I also find the great AAR made by Blue Emu quite comic and extremely well written.

Reactions:
I think mine would be considered comedy (albeit at times bad, and most certainly uncommented). Unless, of course, you don't think Monty Python's funny, in which case your mother must've been a hamster, and your father definitely smelled of elderberries :p

It would however, also be infinitely more valuable as a resource, would it not?
True. But who has the time?
And certainly more appreciated by AARland :)
Indeed.
Even if just graphic, no Alfred Packer? Why is this stickied?

Thread title is somewhat misleading, to be sure. ;)
Sorry. :blush:
The thing about Selzro's definition is that technically, it would mean that an AAR like Mondo's Cromwell one (which is not intentionally comedic) could merit inclusion under the criteria due to the fact that all its text is located in images, while something which does intend to be funny (such as, aforementioned AARs involving Crovans would not.)
lpS5g3H.jpg

Sorry. :D
While a list of all comedy AARs would be excellent, it would also be far more difficult to compile. This was meant as a (far easier to compile) list of comic-book style AARs, which are a different art form altogether, regardless of whether they are comedic or serious.

If all game sections keep good records of the style of each new AAR, it shouldn't be too hard to make a list of comedy-style ones. But if not, it would be a daunting task.
Thanks, Selzro. :)
Have you tried searching ancient AARland awards for their winners of comedy AARs and nominees?

For example, the greatest comedy AARs I have ever read are missing from this new list.
Check the magnificent creations of Mechthedane and Alfred Packer. :cool:

I also find the great AAR made by Blue Emu quite comic and extremely well written.
Links plz!
I think mine would be considered comedy (albeit at times bad, and most certainly uncommented). Unless, of course, you don't think Monty Python's funny, in which case your mother must've been a hamster, and your father definitely smelled of elderberries :p
:D Monty Python is great, but it wasn't a comic, so...
Now, I did to a comic AAR for HOI3 - All your birdpoop AAR belong to US (which is in my sig) that was a full on comic
Added. :)

Is this thread still being updated?

I do like a thread that seems mostly to advertise my AARs.

In some languages (my own Greek included) 'comic' means humorous (we use 'comix' for what's called comics in English), so I can see why this might be creating some confusion. Maybe the title should be changed to something like "All Comic book AARs"; would that be any clearer?

It's an image-based Phargle style AAR. ;)