• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

sumo0

Captain
75 Badges
Apr 7, 2012
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Majesty 2
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
Im playing as a danish norse. As i remember it i used to be able to switch to something like elective or ultimagosomething (the one where the youngest child inherits), and by doing that not have to murder my children to avoid my kingdom being split into pieces on a succession (new emperor). It gets tiresome to kill them off all the time.
I have had the law on both elective and ultimagosomething in my current game.

As far as i can tell the laws have been changed in a patch so that they all now work like gavelkind except in different order for inheritance? Or did i miss something?

Im playing as a danish norse. As i remember it i used to be able to switch to something like elective or ultimagosomething (the one where the youngest child inherits), and by doing that not have to murder my children to avoid my kingdom being split into pieces on a succession (new emperor). It gets tiresome to kill them off all the time.
I have had the law on both elective and ultimagosomething in my current game.

As far as i can tell the laws have been changed in a patch so that they all now work like gavelkind except in different order for inheritance? Or did i miss something?
I always play "Danish" norse. I know what you are talking about. In most of my games I don't like to go crazy and expand like nuts, but you have to as a Norse to reform. I always go nuts and reform and than grant independence to people. And help them out.

I love playing as a "Danish" norse and than helping other "Norse" kingdoms form. Like making the Germans follow their indigenous religion again.

Norse, being pagan, is stuck with gavelkind until you reform the religion.

Yeah, prioritize becoming Fylkir and then change succession law ASAP. Since you are in Denmark (Danish), Sjaelland is the closest to you. Then either snatch Uppland and Naumedal (? The Norwegian one), or go for the one in Frisia. Braunschweig is a last resort though since it is not coastal (usually requires taking Celle first) and will unlock crusades.

I always play "Danish" norse. I know what you are talking about. In most of my games I don't like to go crazy and expand like nuts, but you have to as a Norse to reform. I always go nuts and reform and than grant independence to people. And help them out.

I love playing as a "Danish" norse and than helping other "Norse" kingdoms form. Like making the Germans follow their indigenous religion again.

You want to reform first and quickly. If fellow Norse rulers lose their holy wars, your MA is going down.

You want to reform first and quickly. If fellow Norse rulers lose their holy wars, your MA is going down.
Which is very annoying being a unreformed Norse with Low crown authority, because your vassals constantly wage wars against people and lose. Which in turn drives down Moral authority.