• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MichaelM

For the Glory lead
10 Badges
Jun 30, 2004
crystalempiregames.com
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
Get it in the Tech Support forum (requires registration of your game copy).

Changes since 1 December:

- AI preference and ignore lists now omit duplicates.
- AI exploration should no longer jump immediately to the lowest numbered sea zone if all unexplored areas are ignored.
- AI will now be a bit more likely to place a colony instead of a trading post if it has no ports in the sea region yet.
- Fixed bad math mistake in province manpower calculation (introduced in last beta).
- Loading a save from in game should now set the player country correctly if possible.
- During unit reorganization, holding Ctrl while clicking an arrow now moves all of the specified unit type instead of 1000 at a time.
- Added a completely unsupported and unlocalized climate mapmode for modders primarily. It can be accessed through the "climate" cheat code.
- Sea zones are no longer arctic by default. This didn't actually affect ice frequency, but it did make sea travel take twice as long. Sea terrain move cost has been updated from 1 to 2 to compensate.
- The "hidden" modifier for events is now correctly defaulted to false.
- Added a series of defines for unit movement times.

Post feedback here, and happy New Year!

We must wait a little longer for HNY but thanks for the gift. :) I don't get the idea behind the new map but anyway nice changes.

Almost one year passed from the first beta, when will be the last one? :D

Good job guys! I haven't played FtG for ages, but you guys are dedicated. I think I'll load up my golden oldie favorite and have a go!

:) Great to see support is still given. Not regretting my purchase at all.

Michael,

would you please consider amending something which has been around since the original EU2 and is, in my opinion, rather annoying?

Currently, after a peace is signed between two AI countries we can see a line like this in the log (and ledger):

- "May 7, 1420. France accepted peace with England on the following terms: France pays 53 in indemnities. Picardie to England, Normandie to England & Caux to England."

...which is totally ok.

However, if the peace is signed between an AI country and the player, the same line would instead look like this:

- "May 7, 1420. France accepted our generous peace offer."

What's the rationale behind this? It's not a huge deal, I know, but I find it rather annoying not to be able to look up at the terms of a given peace when reading back the ledger or the log (e.g. when I remember that I've already been at war with a certain country, I do remember more or less the years during which the war raged on but can't get any info on which provinces / how much gold they gave me, whether they got vassalized or not etc.).

So, could the results of all peace treaties display always all the conditions? Vassalization, religious conversions etc. included, if possible. Many thanks in advance for reading this.

---

Also, what do you think about making the command to increase/decrease time compression editable in \db\interface\buttons.txt? I find the current ctrl +/- setup rather unconvenient, and the fact that, as someone wrote, many players play this on laptops does mean very little as all the more recent PDS titles (CK2, EUIV) change time compression simply by + and - .

Anyway, I'd be happy enough if it was just made moddable, so that everyone could eventually change it to fit one's own taste. Thanks!

Currently, after a peace is signed between two AI countries we can see a line like this in the log (and ledger):
- "May 7, 1420. France accepted peace with England on the following terms: France pays 53 in indemnities. Picardie to England, Normandie to England & Caux to England."

..which is totally ok.

However, if the peace is signed between an AI country and the player, the same line would instead look like this:

- "May 7, 1420. France accepted our generous peace offer."

What's the rationale behind this?

My guess would be that the rationale is that the game expects you to know what you are doing yourself and what you agreed to. Because you signed the peace treaty yourself and saw the conditions before you accepted. That´s not the case when two AI countries make peace so it makes sense to tell the player what happened.

My guess would be that the rationale is that the game expects you to know what you are doing yourself and what you agreed to. Because you signed the peace treaty yourself and saw the conditions before you accepted. That´s not the case when two AI countries make peace so it makes sense to tell the player what happened.
Ok, ConjurerDragon. I've got it as well, it wasn't that difficult.

Don't you think, though, that it wouldn't harm - and that it would be a positive change - to have this feature implemented?

By your logic, we shouldn't have listed in the log/ledger anything which affected the player... after all, you're expected to know what you're doing yourself during the whole course of a 400 years long game, right?!? :confused:

Last edited:
Ok, ConjurerDragon. I've got it as well, it wasn't that difficult.

Don't you think, though, that it wouldn't harm - and that it would be a positive change - to have this feature implemented?

By your logic, we shouldn't have listed in the log/ledger anything which affected the player... after all, you're expected to know what you're doing yourself during the whole course of a 400 years long game, right?!? :confused:

I agree with you, Titan79. :)

are there some news about updates? thanks

EDIT: I've downloaded this update and when I change domestic policies I've many rebels, even if stability is +3 and I've no rebels %, this is very frustrating

Last edited:
are there some news about updates? thanks

EDIT: I've downloaded this update and when I change domestic policies I've many rebels, even if stability is +3 and I've no rebels %, this is very frustrating

Read the Changelog for 1.3 and you´ll find:
- Changing domestic policy now gives a significant chance of revolt.

Will this patch be ever finished? ;/

Last beta was released a looong time ago...

EDIT: When I was drawing map I found a issue. There is game crash when PTI pixel (black) "touches" border layer.

Last edited:
"They"? Why, you flatter me!

EDIT: When I was drawing map I found a issue. There is game crash when PTI pixel (black) "touches" border layer.
Yes it does that but it's not an issue - just don't let it touch (PTI in game becomes more "blurred" so you don't need the border to be exactly touching it anyway).