• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kagernaut

Comrade Kagerkov
106 Badges
Dec 6, 2005
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
I want to play a Republic somewhere outside of the Med, specificaly in Ireland, and hopefully at the TOG start. I, of course, have the republic DLC.

How do I got about turning the feudal lord of a county into a patrician? And are county level patricians even playable?

I assume I need to use the console to change some titles I think, right? Anyone have the easiest process?

you need to have duke-tier title, and you can create republic by giving some mayor a county, and then the dukedom. then you either save-load as the new republic or just use console and play#charID

you need to have duke-tier title, and you can create republic by giving some mayor a county, and then the dukedom. then you either save-load as the new republic or just use console and play#charID

It also needs to be on the sea coast. I think the capital of that duchy needs to be on the coast, it's not enough if there is a province there that borders on the sea. To remove this problem, you can just simply grant the counties individually, one-by-one, in a logical order so that the Duke-Mayor's capital stays on the shore. Or transfer vassals to him instead of granting land outright. Whatever. Just make sure his capital is at the seaside. ;)