• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How do people feel about continuing this AAR? I haven't been able to really get into an update, and until 1942 it is very boring. Thoughts?

Guys. This is painful. Only one responder? :(
If this does go out, however, it's going out with a bang.

This update pace is painful. Why the hell do I still have you in my Steam friendlist? It's a disgrace! :p

Here's number 2 ;). Yeh, keep it going... or finish it even :D.

Here's number 2 ;). Yeh, keep it going... or finish it even :D.
Yay! Thanks, Gormytorysh! :)
I was elected to lead, not to read.. NUMBER 3!

But yeah, more Eire to the people :)
:p
Hey, if you wanna take control of the AAR, it's all yours. ;)
You can never have enough Ireland!!
That's true, but there's only so much Ireland that can go around.
So, I just played from end of 1941 to summer 1943, and most of it was pretty boring. But there was some rather exciting parts in there, at least for a HoI3 n00b like me. Stay tuned! :)

i want more ireland stuff, im playing black ice mod as ireland and aligned to the axis, i kicked the brits out of belfast but they reinvaded with coalition of the willing and pushed me back to dublin for the final stand, after a while when all was almost lost france fell to the germans and relief forces landed and took belfast and for a while we had a united ireland, then the USA landed in cork and i spent about 18 months fighting all across ireland and i even had the germans rommel commander helping me

i am a complete noob at this game this is only my 3rd time playing it, i built tons of interceptaors and ground attack planes and i dont really understand how the air war works, i cant see any stats of tamage thats being done or taken and i cant even get my ground attack bombers to bomb the enemy they just sit in the airbase resting when i give them ground attack command on enemy thats right next door

I've been rather inactive here but more
more
more I say
Great!
i want more ireland stuff, im playing black ice mod as ireland and aligned to the axis, i kicked the brits out of belfast but they reinvaded with coalition of the willing and pushed me back to dublin for the final stand, after a while when all was almost lost france fell to the germans and relief forces landed and took belfast and for a while we had a united ireland, then the USA landed in cork and i spent about 18 months fighting all across ireland and i even had the germans rommel commander helping me

i am a complete noob at this game this is only my 3rd time playing it, i built tons of interceptaors and ground attack planes and i dont really understand how the air war works, i cant see any stats of tamage thats being done or taken and i cant even get my ground attack bombers to bomb the enemy they just sit in the airbase resting when i give them ground attack command on enemy thats right next door
Well, you obviously had much more success than I did. And if you need help, just ask Ikareses. :)

Going through a lot in a little: 1941-1943, Part 1

The greatest challenge for the Irish forces in the Channel Islands was getting out alive. Constant bombardment. Endless skirmishes. If it wasn't the Germans, it was the British. Though the Irish were the majority, a disproportionate number were in the frontline.
So Fitzemmet, the General for the Dublin HQ, devised a cunning plan. The plan was so cunning, in fact, you could put a tail on it, call it a weasel, and elevate it to tenure in the professorship of cunning at Oxford. The greatest (and only) Irish Republican Admiral O'Muiris would wait for a lull in the fighting. When that occurred, he would load as much men as he possibly could onto the lone Irish transport and
ship them back to Dublin. It was so brilliant that every single general in the staff room immediately started applauding. Graciously bowing, Fitzemmet then suggested that his unit, composing the HQ and its three thousand staff and a very long line of armored cars, would be the first to leave. Half of the staff room being drunk and the other half being hungover, they immediately applauded, until half the room went on leave because "of the porcupine inside my skull".
Everything went smoothly. The HQ landed safely in Dublin to uproarious celebration. The next morning two-thirds of the populace of Dublin were found half-naked crying on the streets with 17 empty beer bottles and a rather large bill. Then came the 1st Infantry Division, led by Costello. Unfortunately, Abbott could not be found, and despite a scouring of the entire country, all that was found was the head of Frankenstein and another goddamned Abbott and Costello movie. But then, tragedy struck. Panzers had once again entered the Channel Islands. The rest of the Irish Republican Army was quite fed up and started throwing bombs. They were, however, directed the wrong way, and landed in the water. O'Muiris took this as a sign that perhaps they wanted to leave. Eventually everyone was collected up and brought back to Mother Eire, even the ones currently in tribunal for being Irish under an obscure 1567 British Law, The Prohibition of Irishness Act.
And they waited.
And waited.
And occasionally shot some peasants.
And then shot some more peasants, excuse me, pheasants, my bad.
And waited.
And waited some more.
And then eventually decided that waiting was not fun, nor was it fun for the readers of this AAR, who deserve much better than this.
~Part 1: Fin~

That would be the correct course of action.
Yes, that would be great for the impatient people like me to soothe and ease our pains :p
Most definetly.

Oh, great AAR, will follow :p
Well, now I just feel horrible for letting you nice people down so much. If I have time, which is doubtful, I will update. If I don't, spam me. Do your worst. Break me into a thousand pieces and rebuild me just so you can do it again. Bottom line: get me to update if I haven't by, let's say, Sunday.