• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Biggest problem i have with this is that there is no little to no hope for MotE 2 :( This game does not advance, there will not be next one... Just sad :(

EDIT: Just realised, they might be doing expansion pack for Europa Universalis 4, or do what they failed to do with EvW, both ways game would get hype it needs and devs get second change, problems would be fixed and it would get more in-depth, and soon we have EU4 for Napoleonic era. And perhaps extend it to Victorian era too!?
Or is it just a dream?

EU4 ends after Napoleon.

does anyone know if hoi4 is gona be like mote, or is it gona be 10 times more complicated? i love the simplicity of warfar in mote compared to other paradox games.

ice

+1 on that note. I think this kind of shows that they produced a great game, but we cheap Paradoxians just were too clingy with our cash.
It doesn't necessarily show that at all. It could be horrible for all we know. I don't personally think it's horrible, but it could be the reason it didn't sell that well. Don't always brown-nose and talk your own demographic down.

does anyone know if hoi4 is gona be like mote, or is it gona be 10 times more complicated? i love the simplicity of warfar in mote compared to other paradox games.

ice

I would say HOI IV will be nothing like MotE's and much more "complicated" as you say.

games with short-time frames don't sell, period. (HOI is long because it goes by the hour)
The best you can hope for is the larger games integrating smaller ones, EUIV has a mini-sengoku in it, and has a lot of features trying to emulate the Napoleonic era in the late game added.

games with short-time frames don't sell, period.

That's a shame. I like how March of the Eagles added a lot of Napoleonic color and detail to the standard EUIV combat.

There will be no expansions or more dlc for MotE. Salesnumbers just arent there.

Why not "integrate" it somehow into EUIV as an expansion or something like that?

EDIT: But give a serious discount (if not free) to those who bought the game.