• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Colossal_Elk

Unspecified Cervid
24 Badges
Dec 10, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
Anyone played this way before? It's hilarious fun. Basically, you take a vassal of the HRE, and politic your way through in such a manner that you destroy the blob empire from within.

I've been doing it as the Gerulfings of Frisia and this is without a doubt one of my favorite games so far. When Heinrich IV declared a war against France for a claim of one of his vassals, some Italians began a war for Ugo Hucbaldi (one of their main guys) as Emperor. With the HRE's demesne levies being completely sapped, I joined the faction and he won the war, deposing the Salian dynasty. I then immediately pushed for independence (due to war-killing Medium crown authority) alongside the Bohemians and received it.

Then the HRE got into a crown authority civil war with Saxony (they lowered it back down to Low, but that apparently wasn't enough) and some of their other German vassals, and I joined back up about 15 years after I had left, fighting for the HRE. HRE wins the war, and I then push a claim I had forged on a neighboring Friesland county in the meantime, won it, and did the same with the northern neighbor immediately thereafter.

Then Ugo died and his child heir was elected Emperor. I successfully petitioned to become regent and lowered crown authority to minimal, and there's more civil wars brewing. :laugh:

its all fun and giggles destroying a realm from the inside, and then the powerful neighbor (or horde) comes knocking for your demesne and you ragequit :D

Crown authority couldn't have possibly been medium. In 1066 it starts a autonomous vassals.

Crown authority couldn't have possibly been medium. In 1066 it starts a autonomous vassals.

I'm using VIET. I definitely saw the message that said "I'm raising Crown Authority..." etc. I didn't realize it started that way; I was expecting to war with the other vassals immediately but this is what it turned into. Such is the random fun of CK2 campaigns.