• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

magicbush

Sergeant
60 Badges
Jun 10, 2003
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
Well I am playing as Dublin and had a weak claim on a Welsh county(Gwynned or whatever), and figured I would go ahead and try to add that county to my kingdom to get a foot hold by England and declared war(I am the king of Ireland atm though I don't own the north yet). I slaughtered what was left of the Welsh kingdom pretty easily, and laid siege to the county till I got a warscore of 100%. However instead of giving me the county it just changed my prestige and gave it to someone else who is now king of Gwynned(king of one county wtf lol?). That person likes me a lot for "helping him." I am pretty sure I got the weak claim from my wife, so I am confused?

Also after uniting Ireland and unfortunately having to leave Ossory in the hands of a vassal that hates me(-100 and cannot afford to revoke his title as the other vassals have pretty low opinions as well, and I assinated that guy but the son still hates me at -60). I gave the dutchy of cannacht and both counties to a kid that seemed pretty weak and decently liked me(should I give titles to vassals with really high opinions or use it to raise lower ones?), and then my king died. The kingdom passed down to my son, which inherited everything(electoral succession) however that kids title changed from duke to king of Cannacht and now his opinion of my son is -21. I am at a loss as to what happened lol, and how that became a petty kingdom(however he is still my vassal as well somehow and I am still the king of Ireland which really confused me).

I also lost all of my prestige, as it went from around 1200 down to -53 when my son inherited the kingdom(I am guessing those numbers are based on your current player as it did raise my dynasty score up a ton)?

Thanks for any tips on why this happened, or tips on what I can do to fix both vassals opinions of me!

(edit: I let a few month's pass and now it shows the vassal as a duke again? It is no longer called a petty kingdom either, and reverted back to a Dutchy but his opinion is the same?)

Last edited:
Are you sure you pressed your weak claim for the county? You might have accidentally pressed it for that guy.

You are correct about prestige referring to your current character. The number at the far right of the same bar is the collected piety and prestige of characters you have played as.

The whole thing with the duke sounds very strange, no idea.