• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Halcyan

General
25 Badges
Oct 28, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV
I just discovered that it is possible to lose the Celibate trait!

I'm playing a Reformed Norse game, where I defeated a Peasant revolt where one of the leaders was a Catholic Celibate. I decided to Demand a Religious Conversion. After the guy agreed, he lost the Celibate trait (which was replaced with Chaste instead).

I guess it makes sense why I haven't been able to find ANY Celibate Pagans (when I intentionally looked through the list of characters trying to find one).

Seems like Celibate is tied to religion (Christianity in this particular case).

I just didn't realize it was possible to lose one of the blue Lifestyle traits.

Not sure how practical this is in normal games when your son (or other) decides to go Celibate (after joining a Holy Order). But it seems if you change religion and demand a conversion, you might be able to get rid of that anti-fertility trait!

I just discovered that it is possible to lose the Celibate trait!

I'm playing a Reformed Norse game, where I defeated a Peasant revolt where one of the leaders was a Catholic Celibate. I decided to Demand a Religious Conversion. After the guy agreed, he lost the Celibate trait (which was replaced with Chaste instead).

I guess it makes sense why I haven't been able to find ANY Celibate Pagans (when I intentionally looked through the list of characters trying to find one).

Seems like Celibate is tied to religion (Christianity in this particular case).

I just didn't realize it was possible to lose one of the blue Lifestyle traits.

Not sure how practical this is in normal games when your son (or other) decides to go Celibate (after joining a Holy Order). But it seems if you change religion and demand a conversion, you might be able to get rid of that anti-fertility trait!

Didn't know this. Thanks

Yeah it seems that certain traits are tied to religion. I tried giving my Zoroastrian starting character the "pilgrim" trait using the character designer, but when I loaded the game, the trait instantly vanished.

So if I design a pagan ruler with the celibate trait, will it switch to chaste when I start a new game? How old would a Midas touched, strong, genius, wounded, depressed, celibate ruler be?