• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Had CO confirmed that it is coming today?

It is already out on steam. Unfortunately it costs 10 euro (euro and us dollar are not even close in reality, so if you are in Europe this is not a good price)

P.S. 10 euro seems to be a strange price, at least for me. I know that this pack contains new depots and rails, not just vehicles, but still...

Last edited:
This is exactly how I feel. I mean I got nothing against this DLC, it would be a good addition, why not. But nobody really asked for this. There are hundreds more important and 100x more oftenly requested things (including bug fixes, more buildings/European buildings, some older non futuristic vehicles, and really small things like being able to name streets and other things from CIM1) that I just don't see the appeal of monorails. [...]

A bit unfair since Monorails are the topic with more views and more replies on the Suggestion Box. Except of course for the concatenated topic which is several different requests in the same thread.

It is already out on steam. Unfortunately it costs 10 euro (euro and us dollar are not even close in reality, so if you are in Europe this is not a good price)

P.S. 10 euro seems to be a strange price, at least for me. I know that this pack contains new depots and rails, not just vehicles, but still...

Thank you!
Europe is right, but there are ways and means to get it cheaper ;-)

I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to tell you, so lets just say there might be something new still coming that has been requested a lot. We have not forgotten the current bugs, don't worry! [...]. We just hope we can bring you content that you enjoy :)
Thanks for the update. It is really nice to see that you guys still work and try to deliver us new content! Keep up the job and please try to listen to your community ;)
I'm not a fanboy, I too feel a bit let down after the release of the latest patch and DLC. Of course monorails were requested a lot, so there is nothing wrong in releasing this DLC. However, the already mentioned fact that it is just a retextured metro is a bit of a setback. Sometimes I feel like you lack a little bit of motivation to really go the whole way, instead of just a little bit. (Some features even in the maingame just seem to be like: yeah we included to but we don't have the delight to really finish them...)

I mean there are so many suggestions for improving the game.
I have already submitted an idea for a better wayfinding AI, there are really great ideas which don't take lots of work to implement and some features would greatly improve the gameplay. Additionally, small additions like the much requested feature of small pedestrian walkways have to be included the hard way by modding it into the game instead of you devs just clicking the right button to include it by your own ;)

I mean i appreciate the work you have done and I seriously believe you when you say you want to deliver great content. I also know that you don't have the biggest dev team and new stuff takes time. However, there are no information you can give us (I know its not you to blame here) and when the "new stuff" finally arrives, there are many people who have hoped for something better. This is really unfortunate. So what can you do?
Of course you can not please everybody. However, sometimes its the small things that really matter.
Some small details like displaying how many metro-cars are in a depot, selling all vehicles at once, increasing the number of vehicles which can be bought at once... (many more...)
These are the little things that matter. You already addressed one of these issues: Buying more than 10 vehicles is finally possible. I know it's a small feature but including this into the patch notes would really make them look better ;) However, I really don't understand one thing: Obviously you guys saw the issue of not being able to buy many vehicles at one blow. Despite that, instead of just lifting the limitation or increasing it to a huge number, you just increased it to 30. I mean I am really thankful that we are able to buy more than 10 but WHY set the limit to 30? It doesn't make any sense. This is exactly the problem: You see a request, it takes a long time for you to implement it and when it is finally there, the job is not really finished...

Ok now I will stop grumping and resume hoping for more content to come. Cheers.

Yeah, it does feel a little expensive to me, to be honest. I'm certainly not anti-DLC, have no complaints about this DLC being monorails, and generally happy with the previous pricing for CIM2, just this one seems a bit over-priced. The UK£7.99 price moves it from "yeah, why not" (which has been the case with every previous CIM and CIM2 DLC for me, and some were even "cool, buy immediately") to "maybe, not sure, I'll think about it, might wait until it's on sale" for me. I'd probably feel the same if it was costing me EU€10 or US$10, that it's priced above the level which makes it an easy choice for a quick purchase.

CO, I still think you guys are cool, and that CIM & CIM2 are cool, just some honest feedback for you.

You can check GMG if it sells in dollars for you, it does for me.
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/si/en/pc/games/simulation/cities-motion-2-marvellous-monorails-dlc/
Also try inputing the voucher if it adds 25% off.
http://www.greenmangaming.com/hot-deals/#link3

Last edited:
I would pay 10 euro for airports and train stations, for a big pack of buildings, e.g. European buildings but not for reskinned metro... Sorry, but it's too much... In CIM1 DLC packs seemed much more valuable AND we could use mods. I payed for trams and buses and metro to support CO in a hope of resolving more issues in patches (pathfinding, ticket prices, letters in line names, metro switches, night and weekend services; this forum was a cornucopia of great ideas) and adding more truly new content (not just skins); but not anymore. I hope in CIM3 (if it ever will be made) devs will take into consideration these ideas and make a great game.

Yeah, it does feel a little expensive to me, to be honest. I'm certainly not anti-DLC, have no complaints about this DLC being monorails, and generally happy with the previous pricing for CIM2, just this one seems a bit over-priced. The UK£7.99 price moves it from "yeah, why not" (which has been the case with every previous CIM and CIM2 DLC for me, and some were even "cool, buy immediately") to "maybe, not sure, I'll think about it, might wait until it's on sale" for me. I'd probably feel the same if it was costing me EU€10 or US$10, that it's priced above the level which makes it an easy choice for a quick purchase.

CO, I still think you guys are cool, and that CIM & CIM2 are cool, just some honest feedback for you.
Do you know that exchange rates aren't £1=€1=$1, if you had to pay US$10, you would save almost £2, which is only around UK£6.07. And £8 is acctualy around $13.70 or 9.69€.

ATM exchange rates are: 1€ is ~1.36$ or $1 is ~ 0.74€, £1 is ~1.65$ or 1$ is £0.61, £1 is ~1.21€ or 1€ is ~£0.83.

Last edited:
Do you know that exchange rates aren't £1=€1=$1, if you had to pay US$10, you would save almost £2, which is only around UK£6.07. And £8 is acctualy around $13.70 or €9.69.

ATM rates are: 1€ is ~1.36$, £1 is ~ 1.65$ and £1 is ~ 1.21€.

I'm well aware of the rates. My point was that it's too expensive even when it's as little as US$10, and rather strongly too expensive in UK£. The side issue is that the UK and EU don't really get a fair deal compared to the US.

UK£3.99 is about the max price to make this an easy "yeah, why not" for me, so it's currently double what I'm willing to pay for a quick purchase. EU & US pricing of maybe EU€4.99 and US$5.99 might be appropriate, but harder for me to say for sure what level would be an easy choice price for those monetary regions.

I've previously bought every single CIM and CIM2 DLC. This is the first one that I'm not happy to buy immediately, based entirely on price, and despite having more than enough in my Steam wallet to just click it onto my account. It just doesn't feel like good value to me, so it doesn't get to take a chunk out of my gaming budget. :(

A bit unfair since Monorails are the topic with more views and more replies on the Suggestion Box. Except of course for the concatenated topic which is several different requests in the same thread.

Honestly I had no idea since I'm pretty new to the community and I got the other impression in my month or two that I've been here. I'm sorry for assuming that.

I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to tell you, so lets just say there might be something new still coming that has been requested a lot. We have not forgotten the current bugs, don't worry! I'm sorry for the modding issue, the Unity engine just doesn't bend that way. Modding is great and we at Colossal Order want to support it, but this choice of engine allowed us to concentrate much more on the content and balancing of the game. Today we might make a different choice, since the no-modding feature is a big issue, but unfortunately it is impossible to fix the issue now. We just hope we can bring you content that you enjoy :)

:l I want to take this moment by saying try out kerbal space program (which uses the same engine as cities in motion 2 ) and take notice of the games mod structure it is very well possible. ( I use this example because its mod dependent.)

I already bought it today, cuz I've wanted something between trams and metros.

It's similar to metros in that vehicles are just as fast and tracks behave the same way as metro tracks when building them, except you can't connect them to roads (I think). Catchment area is also big. However capacities are way smaller, similar to trams, as are the maintenance costs and electricity consumption. The smallest vehicle has capacity of 20 and largest has 36 (non-modified capacities), so while they are fast you can't use them like metros but more like high speed trams for medium length lines, to connect smaller areas etc. Lower maintenance and consumption make them far more profitable in these situations than metros while still being just as fast. Tracks themselves cost more than tram tracks but less than metro tracks.

It's pretty easy to make profit with monorails it seems. I tried building some lines that were barely profitable as trams or metros with feeders. Now they were profitable even without feeders. Monorails are not game changing, but they do serve a role and do certain things better than other networks. At least I like them and can see myself using them.

Last edited:
I would pay 10 euro for airports and train stations, for a big pack of buildings, e.g. European buildings but not for reskinned metro... Sorry, but it's too much... In CIM1 DLC packs seemed much more valuable AND we could use mods. I payed for trams and buses and metro to support CO in a hope of resolving more issues in patches (pathfinding, ticket prices, letters in line names, metro switches, night and weekend services; this forum was a cornucopia of great ideas) and adding more truly new content (not just skins); but not anymore. I hope in CIM3 (if it ever will be made) devs will take into consideration these ideas and make a great game.

100% agree. I wonder how some good features from the previous game (harbours, airports, train stations) have been quit in CIM2. The only explanation was that they were planned to be released afterwards as DLC, but it seems like that's not a priority for CO. The poor variety of the buildings (aesthetically but also the lack of a wide ranges of purposes in the urban environment) and the horrible AI (that limits the range of strategies one could apply in the game) means that cities look and feel like always the same and the game is basically all about starting making a huge loan and then building up a net of transport lines with as much as coverage as soon as possible. So much wasted potential.

I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to tell you, so lets just say there might be something new still coming that has been requested a lot. We have not forgotten the current bugs, don't worry! I'm sorry for the modding issue, the Unity engine just doesn't bend that way. Modding is great and we at Colossal Order want to support it, but this choice of engine allowed us to concentrate much more on the content and balancing of the game. Today we might make a different choice, since the no-modding feature is a big issue, but unfortunately it is impossible to fix the issue now. We just hope we can bring you content that you enjoy :)

Sorry but what you're saying sounds a bit contradictory. It's clear that modding support was not a priority while you started working on CIM2, otherwise you would have not go for the Unity engine. I can imagine the nobody forced you to use that engine, so I guess that for you the CON of not allowing modding support wasn't a critic point compared to the PROs that you were taking in consideration. I don't know Kerbal Space Program but someone in this thread has claimed that it uses the same engine and it is fully moddable. Can anyone confirm this?

I am not willing to blame or complain, but I'm a bit tired of always hearing the same music from many videogame developers: "We love mods, we'd like to have our game fully moddable, but we were forced to put those limitations etc. etc.". I mean, is it a case that all these limitations started to appear as the digital download market gained the upper hand? Not at all, IMO. At least I'd like videogame companies take their own responsabilities about the business strategies they adopt, and not blame engines limitation or code complexity...

I'm sorry you feel let down. I still feel we have done a good job with the time, budget and resources we have had so far. Unity does allow modding, it's just a bit more tricky for a finished game. KBS is in alpha stage and has been for years, they are doing an excellent job with the mod support and I hope we can in the future learn things from them :) There are mods available to CiM2 on these very forums. I myself am hopeful that more mods will appear, things just take some time.

CiM2 in also a very different animal from CiM1. The cities are not modelled after real life cities, but are definitely more generic, but at the same time a lot more dynamic. I do hope the monorail will bring something new to the game for most players, since I personally think it's a nifty little thing combining some of the best aspects of the metro and tram.