• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bunny Bruce

Sergeant
2 Badges
Jul 30, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
No gold, prestige or land

I need to occupied enemy land to win the defensive war.
But i gain nothing from it, except commonly shared authority of the religion.

Moreover, I need to sign the over 10 years truce and other ppl can conquest the attacker easily as I crushed them to zero.
WTF, it is unfair to a winner of a holy war.

I think defender can counter attack and claim the attacker title if the defender win the war.

Moreover, I need to sign the over 10 years truce and other ppl can conquest the attacker easily as I crushed them to zero.

I think defender can counter attack and claim the attacker title if the defender win the war.

If you win a defensive holy war you should be able to attack them right away, you might have made a white peace which gives you prestige but no money.

the truce is only on the attacker

This never made sense to me, but alas.
But in some cases it's more than fair. Golden Horde invaded the part of Khiva I held in my Ilkhanate game and they won within a few months before I could even get my troops to them.

Another question: Isn't there normaly a trickling warscore if the defendes manages to hold his ground in holy wars? In that case you'll just have to wait and simply repel every army they send. Why agreeing on a White Peace if you can win in the long term and bankrupt your foe in the process?

You don't lose your provinces, sounds like a good thing to me :) .

Anyway, if you win you are supposed to get some gold from the attacker and your religion gets some moral authority.

You don't get gold from winning a defensive holy war. Just piety, prestige and moral authority. You can just sit there though and the warscore will go up because you're controlling the target duchy of the holy war.

Regarding truces, those are bound to the attacker only. But, if you attack that attacker back their truce with you goes away. So you can have a nice back and forth.

but no gold in the term of truce when i offer peace to enforce demand?

Yes, you should get gold when you enforce demands.

Edit: the amount of gold maybe depends on what the attacker have available at the time. not sure though, someone else probably knows better how the actual sum is calculated.

You get gold for winning a holy war declared on you. If your smart you will beat the enemy army then seige down a duchy so when the war is over you quickly lower levies declare a holy war for the duchy you just seiged. And if you killed the enemy army in the war vassals will usually start to revolt which will let you grab more land.

Actually it does and is the only logical thing to do when you can't add wargoals. Otherwise the game would be SLOOOOOW!

Without this somebody could basically keep you from attacking them for forever by being very fast to declare war every time the truce runs out. You would have to sit and wait for the truce to run out and declare war as fast as possible to avoid it, which would be very annoying.