Paradox Development Studio Advent Calendar #17: Alexivan

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Regina

Lt. General
5 Badges
Jan 29, 2008
www.paradoxdevelopmentstudio.com
  • Majesty 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
PDS is happy to present:
My name is: Alexander Ivannikov
My forum nick is: Alexivan
At Paradox development studio I work as: Programmer.
So what do I do, really – what does that mean? Half my time I fix bugs other programmers have made, the other half I introduce more bugs into the system.
I have worked on: Only CK2, I'm new.
Right now I'm working on: Enhancing the multiplayer functionality and playability for CK2.
My best game ever and why I like it(that I did not create): There are so many. Not mentioning PDS games, I would suggest checking out The Guild 2 and OpenTTD.
My best moment at Paradox Development Studio: The day I got hired, never thought I'd get hired into a large gaming company right after finishing university.
My favorite game on the PDS Friday beer: "The resistance", great game, so exciting, much fun.
My personal motto is: Relax, take it easy, get it well done.
My kryptonite is: Seeing poorly written code makes me hurt.
Little known fact about Paradox Development Studio: In CK2, if you don't mind cheating there's a console command to modify your characters age. You can use this command to make your character virtually immortal, allowing for some unique and interesting gameplay.

Alexander Ivannikov Paradox Developent Studio.jpg

Little known fact about Paradox Development Studio: In CK2, if you don't mind cheating there's a console command to modify your characters age. You can use this command to make your character virtually immortal, allowing for some unique and interesting gameplay.

Hehe, I think I wrote that one :)

Half my time I fix bugs other programmers have made, the other half I introduce more bugs into the system.

That's not good enough, you should introduce two new bugs with each one you fix, to make sure the demand for your code work increases over time. ;-)

That's not good enough, you should introduce two new bugs with each one you fix, to make sure the demand for your code work increases over time. ;-)
It's just that it takes far less time to add new bugs than to remove the existing ones :happy:

But no one at the office is fooled. "Ryssen kommer"...
Game companies first, sweden second, world third. :cool: