Crusader Kings II - 2.0.4 PATCH RELEASED - Checksum FCUV - NOT for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks. 109 files failed to verify. Waited for about 10 minutes cam back closed window, tried to launch game from steam and get Microsft Visual C++ Runtime Error!

I'm assuming a complete uninstall - reinstall will be required?

Better start a thread in the tech support subforum.

I was wondering, as there hasn't been a patch recently, when we could expect a new patch? I do not want to come over as impatient or anything, am just wondering! :)

I was wondering, as there hasn't been a patch recently, when we could expect a new patch? I do not want to come over as impatient or anything, am just wondering! :)

One is definitely coming with the RoI release, which is officially "Spring 2013", though a date of March 21 has been bandied about. :)

Thanks but it was easier just to reinstall. One of these days I will follow through with my threat to never again pay money for a game that activates with Steam.

If that helped, great. I haven't installed Steam yet, so while i read about issues, i don't know for certain ..and this thread is not for problem reports.:rolleyes:
Regarding Steam, yeah same problem, we'll see how i deal with ports opening and stuff.
Whatever...

Hey, I assume I was slow on the intake but how do I download the patch ? I have steam and activated CK2 already but I don't see anywhere where I can download the patch.

Hey, I assume I was slow on the intake but how do I download the patch ? I have steam and activated CK2 already but I don't see anywhere where I can download the patch.

It's being released on Tuesday, I believe, so you're actually early rather than late. :p

Sorry If I wasn't clear. I mean patch 2.04 not the upcoming patch. I noticed that when I tried to update the game via the game menu it did nothing and I was still in patch 2.02. So after catching up I activated the game on steam, but I do not see where to download it from there.

You don't need to manualy download new patches at steam, just download the game from your steam library. If you want to downgrade to 1.111(or 2.0.4 after tuesday) right click to "Crusader Kings II" at steam library, click "properties", open the "betas" tab, select the old patch under "select the beta you would like to opt into:" .

So is it not possible to download patches manually now ?
It's neither possible nor necessary, it should happen automatically. If you can't figure out your problem, post a new thread in Tech Support please.

I think it's time to un-sticky this and start a new patch thread.