• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Trade and Diplomacy

Returning from the victorious, although costly campaign against the Catalan March, Al-Hajib Muhammad Ibn Abi Aamir begins to set up further agricultural projects in the whole al-Mawsat plain. Agricultural methods are finally standardized, following the model of Tulaytulah and Saraqusta, and applying the new methods from Al-Gharb, developed originally by Vizier Sulayman. This project will be a long one, though it will certainly bear fruit. It is also of note that the Palace of al-Hajib is finally completed, and it is as astonishing in beauty as the Caliphal palace of Madinat al-Zahra, which it is build next to. The Hajib is expected to officially inaugurate it to selected guests next year.
[-20,000 Dinars to al-Hajib, +1,500 income to Qurtuba in 1 turns, +0,500 to Isbiliya, Yayaan, Istiyya for 3 turns, +7,000 income to al-Hajib in 2 turns, +20 clout to al-Hajib, Palace Finished, finally ]

Funds are provided by al-Hajib for the continued redevelopment of the cities of al-Mawsat, looking into providing sewerage systems and new housing. This new work is especially focused on Qurtuba, which continues to enjoy large-scale population growth. A large Roman era ruin is inspected by officials, and repaired to a large stadium and hippodrome in which annual games shall be held, featuring dramatic performances, athletic games and horse races.
[-20,000 Dinars to al-Hajib, +15 clout, +4,500 income to Qurtuba, +1,500 income to Qurtuba in 1 turn, +2,500 income to al-Hajib ]

Caliphal envoys sign the peace treaty with Count Ramon, stabilizing the Northern frontier. These envoys then continue to the other side of the Pyrenees, where they negotiate with Hugh Capet himself, at Toulouse. With great diplomatic skill, and bribery, they are able to negotiate a normalization of relations, though the Franks remain wary of the strengthened Caliphate.
[-2,500 dinars to al-Hajib, +5 clout ]

A number of Mustarabin travel to Rome, in order to negotiate with the Pope himself. Their primary goal is to reassure that the Caliphate doesn’t wish religious conflict, and that the seizure – and destruction – of Barshiluna were purely a dispute between secular lords. The rights of the Christians of the Caliphate are also reassured by the Hajib, who makes it officially possible for them to depart for pilgrimage, and all Christians given right to travel through the Caliphate for pilgrimage. This leads to some resentment among the higher echelons of the religious members of the Caliphal court, who believe that the Hajib is courting the Pope due to weakness. These claims are mostly dismissed, as the Caliphate is stronger than ever.
[+5 clout to al-Hajib ]

In Ishibilya the Imam of the local mosque, Abul-Faraj ibn Isfandiyar ibn Qutaybah al-Sakhtyani performs charity work, meets with locals, and overall tries to show himself as a pious servant of Allah. This strengthens his popularity among the people, with more of them flocking to al-Sakhtyani to gain religious guidance.
[-2,500 dinars, +25 clout ]

Wali Muhammad ibn Shiba al-Qebab funds his own dancing troupe which is said to portray their devotion to Allah by their dance and with the move of their bodies as a medium. But some say the group was created to show the cultural achievements of al-Qebab. Nevertheless, it becomes very popular and even presents itself in the Caliphal court.
[-5,000 dinars, +1,000 income, +20 clout ]

OPbnecO.jpg

A dancer of the troupe of al-Qebab, also known as al-Qebab’s dervishes.
Wali al-Qebab builds many markets across the Coras of al-Yazirat and Rayaa. These are profitable to both him and the members of the Al-Jm'eyh al-Maghribi trade league. Such profits.
[-10,000 dinars, +2,500 income to al-Qebab, +1,500 Caliphal trade income, +0,500 income to Maghreb trade league members. ]

A peculiar man named Abu Dawud ibn Ishaq al-Nisawi appears in the port of al-Yazirat, establishing businesses in several properties around the city.

Wali Naadir ibn Haneef ibn Tariq al-Shahin decides to continue his large-scale improvement projects in al-Mariyya. Housing is build for the poor, and new workshops are opened for them to work in. Artisan products, ceramics, metals and such are produced on even wider scales in the city. After these projects are completed, al-Mariyya is likely to compete with the other, older, cities of the Southern coast. To further this goal, Wali al-Shahin starts to lay preparations for the construction of a large shipyard.
[-55,000 Dinars, +15,000 income to al-Shahin, +2,500 income to Garnatah for 4 turns, +20 clout to al-Shahin, foundations for a shipyard prepared ]

Wali Nasir ibn Ahmad ibn Bakr al-Fayuz continues to expand both his silk and ivory businesses. On the silk side, he concentrates on securing the current markets and expanding his market share, while the ivory begins expanding to Sham, Misr and Rum. The ivory from Sub-Sahara is very very valuable, but the prices and supply might chance drastically due to reasons al-Fayuz doesn’t control. But so far, ivory business is expanding.
[-25,000 Dinars, +17,500 income, +1,500 caliphal trade income ]

On the faraway islands, Moses Maimonides continues to assert his authority. He starts by creating a plan full of intrigue. Moses claims to promote friendship between him and the residents of the island, and invites the chieftains, including King Guanariga, and their families to a large feast. However, a number of armed men, who seem to have received training, and most importantly seem to all be Jews, surrounds the locals and they are all sold to slavery. This is followed by a large scale attack on the island, and by the end of the year over half of it lies under the control of Moses. Though, this campaign has been costy to his men, the selling of slaves gives him much profit. The question remains, how long can he be the only one profiting from the island of Gando, as the news of the discovery are spreading to more and more people.
[+7,500 Dinars, +15 clout ]

Q6yb6Cx.jpg

While the local Guanche warriors were poorly equipped, they still put up a fight against Moses’ men. The interior of the island, which remains unmapped, is also still under tribal control, and they mount raid against the villages under Moses’ control.
Back in al-Andalus, Moses Maimonides continues to invest in hemp farms, seeking to make sure most of production is in his hands. Hemp production is not very wide in al-Andalus, as the agricultural focus is on more profitable goods. Thus the prices of land bought by Moses do not match the profits that well. Nevertheless, the hemp ropes and fabric coming from these plantations is of quite high quality.
[-15,000 Dinars, +7,000 Income ]

GM NOTE: The update should be tomorrow. If you haven’t yet send orders, do it now!

Glory to Allah, Glory to the Caliph!

The armies of Cordoba have again seen victory over the impious Christians of the north; Barshiluna and its environs have been returned to Islamic rule, righting an injustice of the Warlord Louis, and proving the security and strength of the one true Caliphate. The Frankish nobles shall not soon forget the smell of their brethren burning inside the city. Yet we are just people, and experts of peace as well as war. The Frankish lords have accepted our terms and trade shall again flow across our northern border; it is my hope that the future Wali of Barshiluna will restore the port to a working condition so that new wealth may flow into our lands through its harbour.

Further, loyal servants of mine have reached Rome and discussed the relations between our realm and Christendom. I will not hide the terms: I have assured the Pope that Christians shall retain their current rights, and also their right of pilgrimage. While some will see this as a sign of weakness, or as a betrayal of our faith, I assure them that this could not be farther from the truth. If we wish to be seen as the true Caliphate, if Hisham II is to be recognised as ruler of the ummat al-Islamiyah both within and without our borders, then we must act like we are. We must assert our strength and superiority not only on the battlefield, but also in the courts.

It was starting to become late in the evening, the merchants where slowly starting to show up to the feast. al-Mariyya was an old fishing village until a few years ago when the Wali began investing heavily into it and the improvement of the overall of Cora, Naadir ibn Haneef ibn Tariq al-Shahin was the Wali of Garnatah and Yayaan and one of the richest men in the Caliphate. He had spent a large personal fortune on the city of al-Mariyya and due to his investment now owned roughly three fourths of the houses, shops and other buildings within the city. His personal land in Garnatah was also far reaching with him owning roughly two thirds of the land in forms of estates, mines and other resources in the Cora. But just as importantly as his wealth is his love, the people adore him for what he is and what he has done, keeping the bread prices low, giving them a roof over their head and jobs, true that most of the city works for him it does not stop their love towards him. These people where poor souls before he extended his hand to them and given them all that they needed, no longer to fear for a lack of food for them or their children, he has done them a service that they will never forget as long as they live.

His policies had however also made him step on a few toes, not all were equally happy with his power or the growth of the province, many nobles disliked the increase in the berber population. Garnatah is mainly Arab and many feared the increase, they didn’t trust them, they didn’t want them, many feared that they would come and take the lands which rightfully belonged to the Arabs and the jobs which they needed for their livelihood. The jobs in particular was a great fear as until this year then the city of al-Mariyya had a large amount of unemployed poor, with the increase in population it was one of the main reasons that the Wali invested so heavily in new stores so that all could have work and feed their families.

With the new wealth in al-Mariyya it is quickly becoming one of the most important centers in the south of the Caliphate, already rivaling other much older cities despite it being so new. Many had picked up on this and the city had grown quite large with traders, which was the reason for tonight’s party, food had been prepared in large quantities and drinks where served, among the attendants where all from Jews, Muslims and Christians. Given the large amount of Arabs in the area it also showed in the attendants where in large part Muslim, but the Wali had ordered that all was allowed.

After the sometime then the Wali showed up and entered while greeting all of his guests, he looked around with a smile while getting ready to talk. “Greetings honorable members of Garnatah and the rest of the Caliphate, I am happy to see so many of you showed up here tonight, it truly brings me both pleasure and honor to see you all here enjoying yourself. I hope that you have all been served food and drinks and are in lack of none.

I have asked you all to come tonight, not simply for the pleasure of your company while that might be enough reason for such a lovely gathering as we have here before us, I must admit that is not the true reason for it, yet I almost wish it was now that I see so many friendly faces around me.
No the real reason that I have asked you all to come here tonight is the discuss the future, from one trader to another, the city of al-Mariyya have grown strong in these recent years and will continue to do so and I am here to offer you all to be a part of it. Trade is a fragile thing by which we all live by, and it is due to that reason that you are all here, you all have your own contacts across the seas and here in the Caliphate that you all use for your livelihood, it is something that I can respect. I am here to buy your said contacts in the world, now do not worry for I wish neither you nor your purses any harm in this, I also seek to employ you all in a new business venture that I am starting up. I am making a trading company that will cover the Mediterranean, now this is a large scale business and one that I will need contacts for, which is why all of you are here, I will hire you all and we will trade together as one business and I welcome you all to this venture and hope that you will accept, if you do not then I hold no ill will towards you but if you later wish to enter then it will not be as profitable for you. Now I wish you all to enjoy your evening, eat and drink and have a good time while thinking of what I have just told you.” The Wali smiled before going back to entertaining his guests.

After a bit of time one of his advisors comes up next to him and looks at him with a smile before going to the side “Naadir, you must be careful with this move, it will upset quite a few people, important people as well. You are planning to change the trade, trade is money and people do not like losing money”

The Wali smiled as he looked at him “Yes yes, the Maghreb trade league, I know. One problem at a time my friend, they might lose money but then we will take that problem when it arises” The Wali smiled before turning around and back to his guests.

Hijri 376/377

In Tulaytulah, Regent Ghalib al-Nasir orders the further expansion and improvement of the city. This time the focus is on the walls of the city, as new foundations for stronger walls are laid around the older walls, creating more space for the city to grow. The new areas of the city are to be built following a strict city plan, as al-Nasir hires experts to prepare sewers, roads, public fountains and even hospices for the poor. Granaries, bakeries and houses for rent are also under construction. This project will surely make Tulaytulah the Second largest city of the Caliphate, much to the resentment of the Southern nobles, as people continue to fear the sudden population movements.
[-50,000 Dinars to al-Nasir, 1/3 “New Tulaytulah”, +5,000 income, +2,500 income to Tulaytulah, +10 clout ]

Troops of al-Tagr al-Awsat are sent north to man further forts and outposts along the Douro, to make sure the area is kept safe. Military installations dot the countryside, and it is clear that the Douro frontiers in the Coras of Salamanqah and Soria are the safest frontiers of the Caliphate. The soldiers are paid especially well for that year, to make sure they have money to spent, turning many garrisons to small towns.
[-12,500 to Public Treasury, +2,500 income to Salamanqah, +1,500 income to Soria, +5 clout ]

Ghalib al-Nasir also generously offers money to attract settlers to the region. Many people flock from southern parts of the Caliphate, and from the Maghreb. Skillful workers start to prepare the production of luxury goods such as almonds, beans, grapes, figs, oranges, lemon, eggplant, apricots and artichokes, hoping to make the Douro valley a centre for these, more valuable agricultural products. Rumors tell that some people flock even as far as from the land of Sham, though that is only on a small scale. In Tulaytulah al-Nasir also establishes a commission of alchemists, learned men and agricultural engineers to complete a task to improve the output of the fields.
[-25,000 Dinars to Ghalib, +5,000 income to al-Nasir, +2,500 income to Salamanqah, +1,000 income to Soria, -0,500 income to Isbilya, Qurtuba, Tudmir and Maridah, +10 clout ]

In the Caliphal Library a new and important work is started on copying books for larger use in other cities of the Caliphate, many being sent to cities like Tulaytulah or Saraqusta.
[-2,500 Dinars to Public Treasury]

pGjBc7Q.jpg

Settlers flocking from al-Mawsat to Salamanqah.​

Vizier Jafar Al-Mushafi wishes to improve the diffusion of knowledge by establishing a Madrasah at Tudmir. Many of the books copied in Qurtuba arrive here to establish the base of texts for the Madrasah’s library. Many scholars flock to the site, and work is begun on a further translation of Greek and Latin texts to Arabic, as well as completing new historical, sacred and technical texts in Arabic.
[-10,000 to Public Treasury, +15 clout to al-Mushafi ]

The army of al-Sharq is increasingly drilled, as maneuvers are conducted near Turtusha after the threat of the Christian invasion is gone. Thousands of new recruits are also taken to arms and sent to the new frontier, though it still remains unknown how the area will be organized in the Caliphal administration, but it by now already is under de facto control of the Nabiya of al-Sharq.
[-12,500 to Public Treasury, +5 efficiency to Retinue of al-Sharq, +1,000 cavalry, +4,000 infantry ]

Vizier Jafar al-Mushafi marries daughters of the important merchant families of al-Sharq, promising their members trade advantages in return, and bringing the number of his wives to the maximum of four, as ruled by the Prophet. In addition to this , the Vizier creates a vast harem of jāriya, slaves, from Saqaliba, Steppe Turks, Nubians and other peoples. The court of al-Mushafi is now filled with remarkable beauty of many kinds, as many of the harem girls have been taught poetry, music and dance.
[-10,000 to al-Mushafi, +10 clout to al-Mushafi ]

3n6RjjA.jpg

The harem of Vizier al-Mushafi.​

Kathir ibn Fath ibn Qasim al-Thairti decides to expand his silk business, by hiring experienced silk weavers to work his silk and make his more money. However, the competition on the silk trade field is huge, as many other merchants are annoyed by the rise of the new contenders, al-Thairti and al-Fayuz. Al-Thairti’s expansion draws money away from both them and al-Fayuz.
[-30,000 to al-Thairti, +5 clout to al-Thairti, +12,000 income, -2,000 income to al-Fayuz ]

Al-Thairti also trains a group of mercenaries, apparently for the service of some financial venture operating in the Caliphate. However, due to an apparent bureaucratic error, no note is actually given from the said financial establishment about accepting said mercenaries, thus they are still in al-Thairti’s command by the end of the year.
[-10,000 to al-Thairti, +2,000 Merc. Infantry, -3,000 income due to upkeep ]

Eliazer ibn Rueben ibn Moshe al-Shariq invests into his shipwrights in the region of al-Sharq, benefiting also the co-owner of this joint venture, Zalmedin Yūsuf ibn Bakr ibn Sahl al-Banu Lakhm. Now, the shipyards can put out multiple ships out a year, including both merchant and war ships, making them an important competitor to Vizier Sulayman’s shipyards…
[-20,000 to Al-Kartl al-Masryf al-Andalus, +3,000 income, +6,000 income to al-Banu Lakhm, -1,500 income to Vizier Sulayman]

Pizarroshipbuilding.jpg

Shipbuilding in al-Sharq​

Al-Kartl al-Masryf al-Andalus continues to expand all over the Caliphate, winning more and more of the market share. Al-Shariq also gives the Caliphal Court an interest-free gift loan of 10,000 Dinars to assist them in military matters, gaining him respect in the Court, though many are also wary of his power in the financial field of the Caliphate.
[+15 clout, bank stats to be updated]

After praying to Allah for months, a healthy daughter is born to Sahib al-Ziman Zia al-Haq Habib and his wife Kamal.
[+5 clout]

The Sahib al-Ziman makes a detailed study of the Kitab al-Maliki by the Persian physician Ali ibn al-Abbas al-Majusi. Noting that the losses of the Caliphate have been heavy in the recent wars, Zia al-Haq Habib starts the creation of a new military medical policy. Mobile Dar al Shifaa are to follow the armies of the Caliphate, in order to provide help to wounded soldiers. The first of these Dar al Shifaa makes it debut in Turtusha after the end of the war in the North, and its skilled surgeons are able to heal and help many soldiers. This creation might yet revolutionarize the warfare of the Caliphate, as currently most losses come from diseases and wounds, not from the enemy sword.
[-10,000 to Public Treasury, +2,500 Other Military Expenses, +10 clout to al-Haq Habib]

Qadi Muhammad ibn Umar al-Bakri continues his investigations in the north. Finally after long discussions with locals of the Larida region, he is able to find a lead, which might prove to be decisive in solving the case. Confident in this, the Qadi prepares to officially announce the offender.

The traveler Azhar ibn Ebrahim ibn Fahim al-Farsi ends his visit in the fareastern land of Sin, and purchases a local ship, setting sail for an Eastern island he has heard of from Buddhist monks. Before leaving he fills his ship with Chinese specialities. Arriving to the land of Wa (as the islands are called by the Chinese), al-Farsi is astonished by its brilliance in culture, poetry and arts. Al-Farsi stays at their capital, Kyoto, for the rest of the year, as he is unable to continue to his journey, due to not finding anyone willing to travel further away from mapped lands.
[-2,500 to al-Farsi, +10 clout to al-Farsi ]

320px-NaraTodaijiDaibutsu0212.jpg

A statue of Zhu-l-Kifl in the mystical land visited by Azhar ibn Ebrahim ibn Fahim al-Farsi.​

GM NOTE: Stats someday this week, as I am not home it may take some time.

Orders due Saturday the 7th at 23:59 GMT

Last edited:
zahrawi.jpg

Once again, the shadow of an unspeakable crime has descended over the Caliphate. It is my mission, directly given by the Caliph and God, to give justice to any subject of the Caliph, no matter his status or previous deeds. We have received troublesome information about the murder attempt against Qaid Dassid, and we consider such information enough to start an official investigation. Therefore, we summon to the city of Saraqusta the following individuals:

- Wali Muhammed Berail Salidun

- Qa’id Yahya Al-Hadi ila'l-Haqq ibn Al-Husayn Dashid (or his representative if he is still incapacitated)

- Rashid ibn Jalid al-Laridi, Imam of Aitona

- Abu Uthman al-Jundi

- The rest of the members that compose the holy Council of the Ulemma

Muhammad ibn Umar al-Bakri

OOC: Please, confirm assistance so I can know when to start the investigation.

I, Muhammad Al-Yahya ila'l-Haqq ibn Al-Hadi ibn Al-Husayn Dashid, shall represent my father, Qa'id Yahya ila'l-Haqq ibn Al-Hadi ibn Al-Husayn Dashid of Tagr al A'la in the Council of Ulemma.

Having read the reports on the land taken from the Christians of Barshiluna, and having seen the land for myself, I have decided that the following division of the territory is the most reasonable and just:

The present border between the Nabiyas of al-Ala and al-Xarq shall be extended on a line towards Girona. All land gained from Count Ramon east of this line shall be granted to al-Xarq, for Vizier Ja’far to administer as he sees fit. All land gained from Count Ramon west of this line shall be granted to al-Tagr al-Ala, for Qaid Dashid to administer.

~ al-Mansur al-Hajib

COUNCIL OF THE ULEMMA

The Qadi has just received the news concerning the imminent arrival of Wali Muhammed Berail Salidun to Saraqusta, where an investigation and trial will be run to determine if there is any crime in the recents events happened at this same city. Therefore, we decree:

1- Wali Muhammed Berail Salidun will have the chance to represent himself in this procedure or to name a defender of his choice.
2- Qa’id Yahya Al-Hadi ila'l-Haqq ibn Al-Husayn Dashid may claim the role of prosecutor or name any other for such task. Any Muslim in our realm may claim such position tje Qa´id does not nominate one; if no one claims it in a reasonable time, an impartial prosecutor will be named from the Shura Council.
3- Once both parts are represented, they will have the chance to defend and explain their reasons against this court ((by IC)). Wali Muhammed Berail Salidun will be granted the right to speak the last.
4- The Council of the Ulemma will then issue its ruling concerning this issue, which will be mandatory according to our current law.

Muhammad ibn Umar al-Bakri, in behalf of the Council of the Ulemma.

Gentlemen, a most heinous crime has occurred in the north. My father, Qa'id Yahya Dassid, has been struck down by the blade of an assassin and only the Will of Allah keeps him alive. This horrible attempt to kill my father was the result of a devil, a being of pure evil. This ... thing is Wali Muhammad Berail Salidun, who's very name shames the Prophet and His legacy.

The men that tried to kill my father, vile assassins, were instead killed by his guards. However their faces were left untouched for recognition. These faces were seen before by two men, Rashid ibn Jalid al-Laridi, Imam of Aitona and Abu Uthman al-Jundi who is a guard in Salidun's own residence. These men had seen the faces of the assassins before. This recognition is in the presence of none other than Wali Salidun.

These assassins, confirmed to have attempted to try to kill my father after being slain with their daggers still in my father's bleeding chest, was last seen with the Wali. These two witnesses are infallible, as the Imam is a holy man, sworn to uphold the code of the Quran and the other a noble guardsman. The association of these assassins, dedicated killers who know nothing but the art of death, with Wali Salidun means nothing short then that the organizer to my father's assassination attempt was Wali Salidun!

I call upon the Council of the Ulemma to cast down this traitorous cur and sentence him to what he deserves to attempt to kill my father. There is no doubt, he is the one.

~Muhammad Al-Yahya ila'l-Haqq ibn Al-Hadi ibn Al-Husayn Dashid
محمد يحيى العلل الحق بن الهادي بن الحسين راشد~​

Salidun could only shake his head as he starts his testimony to claim his innocence. "Glorious council. I am shocked at such lies thrown towards my honor as a Wali of Larida, I would never consult with such manner of men of these assassins that my Lord Dassid proclaims. My objective has only been to improve the state of Larida and nothing else but, even so I have suffered much under the Dassid administration. Taking land rightfully purchased by me, taking away by workers, and now proclaiming that I killed the father of my Lord. By Allah this is nothing but extreme bias agasint me! The Dassid family has been jealous of my city, jealous of my recent accomplishments and now they wish to get rid of me by having me executed with false claims."

He unraveled his arm that was injured during the attempted assassination on his life. " I would like this to be my proof. This arm is a clear example of the Dassids hatred, as soon as my beloved lord was killed I tried my best to find who was responsible but, as if was by fate I too was attacked by an assassin and after I fought him off I caught a glimpse of the vile mans uniform as it showed the colors of the Dassid family. So now I am stuck with this searing scar of betrayal for life thanks to the Dassid clan! I would like to also for everyone to remember what happened to the last man the Dassid family accused for attempted murder, this man was Wali al-Qadi an innocent man who served a corrupt lord. When I first took seat in Larida I heard rumors of these two men bickering for power in the North, I decided to take no part in this but I have a confession that I was sworn to secrecy by the previous Lord Dassid. I was order to send a raiding party to attack al-Qadi trade route and if I didn't I would put to the executioner's blade by the next morning, then as you all know it wasn't very long for the Dassid family to take unsanctioned action against al-Qadi which resulted the North to be very weakened for a short time."

Salidun takes a deep breath and sighs . "I will say I am innocent of this crime and I would like for everyone to remember the past actions of the Dassid clan before taking whatever they have as evidence as clear bias to get rid of the only good soul in the North but, if you find me guilty I ask that the people of Larida is given a fair man. I care for its people, I will die for its people and I do not want to see the Dassid clan ruin Larida like they did to the rest of the North. I am done with my defense I pray your judgement is just and honorable." He became silent and kept his head down.

Last edited:
COUNCIL OF THE ULEMMA

On the testimony brought against Wali Muhammed Berail Salidun,

After a careful interview with Rashid ibn Jalid al-Laridi and Abu Uthman al-Jundi, it has become clear to this council that the facts affirmed by both are real; both versions agree, and the reputation of Imam Rashid ibn Jalid al-Laridi precedes him and serves as a warrant of proof.
Futhermore, Wali Muhammed Berail Salidun has not provided any proof to disqualify such testimonies, and has just limited to qualify them as “lies”.
Therefore, this Council considers the fact that the assassins met the Wali as true.

On the Wali´s injured arm as proof of his innocence,
The Wali limits to affirm that his arm was scarred due to the machinations of the Dashid family, but provides no proof at all to support such claim. Even if it was true, the Wali should have come to this Council seeking for justice.

On the relation between the assassins and the Wali,

With the two assassins having visited the Wali just before the attack against Qa’id Yahya Al-Hadi ila'l-Haqq ibn Al-Husayn Dashid, and the short lapse of time that passé between this visit and the assault, this Council has to consider that those men acted in behalf of the Wali, as any other version of the facts could not be considered as plausible or realistic.

FINAL RULING

The vicious act committed against Qa’id Yahya Al-Hadi ila'l-Haqq ibn Al-Husayn Dashid is considered not a simple murder, since the crime carried out by the assassins and inducted by Wali Muhammed Berail Salidun has been committed against his own superior in the hierarchical order established by our Caliph and protected by God, and thus cannot be considered a regular murder solved by the application of Qisas but by the application of Tazir in the degree considered most fitting by the judges.

Being a crime of treason with an attempted murder, the punishment cannot be inferior to the one established for such felony, and thus we condemn Wali Muhammed Berail Salidun to death with no possibility of Diyya. The earthly possessions of Wali Muhammed Berail Salidun will be divided amongst the Treasury of the Ummah and the Public Treasure. Furthermore, we declare the Cora of Larida as a territory directly ruled by the Caliph, and he will decide wether the Salidun family is still fit to rule or it passes to another ruler.

Muhammad ibn Umar al-Bakri, in behalf of the Council of the Ulemma.

If one were to send spies to the whereabouts of Qebab's castle, he would quiet quickly get reports of multiple rumours circulating about the local administrator. It was alleged that al-Qebab suspended ruling his lands, and instead transferred all power over "simple things" to his brother. He himself allegedly took up dancing as a hobby, and also ordered to have a huge wing, dedicated for art and dance, built next to his palace. He also claimed to be the Heir to Rome, the "Caliph that was Promised" and the best cook in all of Iberia. His family, worried that they might lose their lands and wealth, has since locked him in a tower from where he occasionally gives them orders in between shouting insults at them.

In the name of Allah the Merciful,

To the Most Pious Muhammad ibn Umar al-Bakri, Qadi of the Caliph, The exaltations and peace of God be upon Him and His family, Salām;

The feud between the Dassids and the Saliduns has proven to be dangerous for the whole country, and engendering the Caliph's holy possessions is a crime against the entire Umma. If we want to restore him to his rightful position in the world, we cannot let strife plague the land. As such, I support the decisions of the Council you lead, and will ensure that your decisions are truly applied.

Regarding the future of Salidun's possessions, we mustn't let greed blind us. I thus think that some of his belongings should be transferred to the people of the city he once ruled, to ensure peaceful transition of power, and to show our dedication to pious values and charity. His estates should be divided and sold, for the benefit of the people and the public treasurery. This is no binding advice however, your piety remains unchallenged and if you think that the ruling as it stands should be kept, so be it. It merely strikes me as an attitude that could lead to unrest in Larida.

Peace be on you,

Regent Ghalib Abu Temman Al-Nasir, Amir al-Umara

Last edited:
Nasir ibn Ahmad ibn Bakr al-Fayuz lay back in his chair in his suite in the Madinat al-Zahra which he had only recently refurbished. With the coming fall of the Wali Salidun Nasir Standing up he quickly moved to put on his light leather armor and put on his sword belt before opening the door into the corridor before heading towards the small barracks behind his personal suite which housed his guardsmen while in Qurtubah. Gathering 10 of his 20 guardsmen the Wali of Tanja headed for the stables and, quickly mounting up, led his guardsmen on horseback out of the Palace and towards the city of Isibilya and the main silk production facilities.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Another one of these newcomers is going to steal even more of our business, soon we won't even be able to make a profit!" wailed Hashid ibn Jabril al-Fulan
"We must destroy them both, but only together can we do that" answered Muhammed Zafar
"Why not ally with one against the other!" shouted Ali ibn Gharsiya Sa'ad

Suddenly all the silk makers turned as the doors of the hall where pushed open and Nasir ibn Ahmad ibn Bakr al-Fayuz entered.

"You are not welcome here." said an angry Muhammed Zafar. When the Wali ignored him he screamed for the Guards.

"QUIET, let the man speak." shouted Rahman Faylisad, a man of few words

"I have a proposal for you all if you would but listen" said the Wali, quietly.

As the Sergeant in his Guards brought him a seat the men outside closed the doors while inside the Wali presented his proposal.

The sentence gripped his throat tighter than any nose would do a normal man, he wanted to just lash out but he didn't he remained calm as he wanted to say one more thing. "Council. I accept this judgment, I am posed a killer even if there is no official evidence of people lined up to testify about me sending assassins then so be it. But do let my son and wife be taken care of by my father-in-law, the former Wakil and that he is placed as the ruler of Larida in my absence. That is my final wish and for my final words. Council did you ever wonder how I obtained such money to fund everything I have done through my time on this earth, well I will let you all figure that out for yourselves so enjoy having the people of Larida rage at the loss of their beloved lord and in exchange be given a unruly tyrant! May Allah have mercy on the North and everyone in this room and also pray that the Dashid family does not sell everyone out to the Christians, the bastards father consult with christian lords before the invasion do not trust the Dashid family!"

The last words before taken to the executioners blade.

Last edited:

In the name of Allah the Merciful,

To the Most Pious Muhammad ibn Umar al-Bakri, Qadi of the Caliph, The exaltations and peace of God be upon Him and His family, Salām;

The feud between the Dassids and the Saliduns has proven to be dangerous for the whole country, and engendering the Caliph's holy possessions is a crime against the entire Umma. If we want to restore him to his rightful position in the world, we cannot let strife plague the land. As such, I support the decisions of the Council you lead, and will ensure that your decisions are truly applied.

Regarding the future of Salidun's possessions, we mustn't let greed blind us. I thus think that some of his belongings should be transferred to the people of the city he once ruled, to ensure peaceful transition of power, and to show our dedication to pious values and charity. His estates should be divided and sold, for the benefit of the people and the public treasurery. This is no binding advice however, your piety remains unchallenged and if you think that the ruling as it stands should be kept, so be it. It merely strikes me as an attitude that could lead to unrest in Larida.

Peace be on you,

Regent Ghalib Abu Temman Al-Nasir, Amir al-Umara

((That is actually the destiny of the goods labelled as Treasury of the Ummah, redistribution amongst the mosques and pious institutions of Larida))

The sentence gripped his throat tighter than any nose would do a normal man, he wanted to just lash out but he didn't he remained calm as he wanted to say one more thing. "Council. I accept this judgment, I am posed a killer even if there is no official evidence of people lined up to testify about me sending assassins then so be it. But do let my son and wife be taken care of by my father-in-law, the former Wakil and that he is placed as the ruler of Larida in my absence. That is my final wish and for my final words. Council did you ever wonder how I obtained such money to fund everything I have done through my time on this earth, well I will let you all figure that out for yourselves so enjoy having the people of Larida rage at the loss of their beloved lord and in exchange be given a unruly tyrant! May Allah have mercy on the North and everyone in this room and also pray that the Dashid family does not sell everyone out to the Christians, the bastards father consult with christian lords before the invasion do not trust the Dashid family!"

The last words before taken to the executioners blade.

((The right to some "last words" is something unknown in the Caliphate, and IC-wise no one has heard this)).

((That is actually the destiny of the goods labelled as Treasury of the Ummah, redistribution amongst the mosques and pious institutions of Larida))

((The right to some "last words" is something unknown in the Caliphate, and IC-wise no one has heard this)).

((Well people.would have been present, no? Witnesses might well have taken notice.of what was said at such an important execution, and repeated it, so players could still know of it.))

Nasir ibn Ahmad ibn Bakr al-Fayuz opened the letter and quickly scanned it's contents. His wife had given birth to twins, a boy and a girl. He had ordered his Bodyguard to ready themselves to travel back south to Tanja. He had decided to leave half the Guard in the Palace to ensure it's security while he and the remainder returned to Tanja. He had also not yet decided on their names. Perhaps Nasra and Hakam. Turning the Wali of Tanja made his way towards the stables and the front gate of the Palace.

Hakam ibn Nasir ibn Ahmad al-Fayuz and Nasra bint Nasir ibn Ahmad al-Fayuz are born to Nasir ibn Ahmad ibn Bakr al-Fayuz